Movie Trailers: Noobz - Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Noobz - Trailer

What crazy shenanigans will these guys get up to on their way to the Cyber Bowl.

Watch Video

This isn't a real movie, right? This can't possibly be a real movie.

I can't remember the last time watching a video caused me physical pain...

That was very...

I have no idea to describe that trailer.

I mean I can't think of a single way to describe it and I have done film studies before. XD
Let's just say it is very... unknown.

Wow, this looks stupid. And I'm saying this well aware of the fact that I watched the Room just yesterday, and it was still funnier than this shit.
Are gamers supposed to be target audience for this flick?

This doesn't exist, right? I just hallucinated the past several minutes, right?

honestly, what did I just watch? Who in their right mind would watch something like this in a way that wasn't "hahaha look at how horrible this is"?

And the best part of this trailer, like the last one I saw, is still the kid going "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMN!" which sort of sums the film up to be honest.

This just looks... terrible. On every level. Yeah, that's what I'm going with; Just terrible.

A more fitting voice over would sound something like this:

"when everything cool in your culture"
"comes from nerds"
"but you still dont respect them"
"you get THIS MOVE"
"a bunch of asshole actors in"
"Noobz! Fuck you Bill Gates!"
*Big explosion*

Although admittedly I do like Jason Mewes, just not in this context.

No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooooo!!!

I just... That cannot be a THING. Fuck YOU Hollywood, you go to your room and think about what you did.

funny thing is, you can replace gaming with any other competitive sport in this movie.

Can I get a refund?
This isn't Scott Pilgrim Vs The World an intelligent (romantic comedy in my opinion) film (based off a graphic novel series) who uses video games as a context to the film.

I'm glad real life acknowledges video games exist. But dear god I feel embarrassed with my hobby as a result of that trailer.

Posted on a site that's supposed to be promoting gamer culture. Riiiight. Whose side are you on anyway Escapist?

Wow this is going to be a painful movie to endure, I just hope I never have the misfortune of seeing it.

What was that?

What did I just watch?

Why?

Just....

Why?

I can't even think of appropriate words right now.

If this does even remotely well at the box office..... *shivers*

Well, look on the bright side: at least the pepper spray scene (which may, unfortunately, be stamped on my mind) came about from perceived pedophilia from hugging and that inopportune "amazing" line.
If it was just conversation about, say, My Little Pony merchandise, then I would be pissed.

Pepper spray scenes (and "Ha! She's so fat she crushed somebody!" scenes, and... ALL ACTED-OUT BRUTAL SLAPSTICK SCENES) should be sent to Development Hell.

This actually pissed me off.

It pissed me off because the writer clearly thought "oh, he's checking his nails and MEN don't do that, so he's gay! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" is a suitable fucking joke.

Well, I'm surprised. Thought most of you would like this crap. Maybe it's only when it hits home.

There's already been plenty of terrible rubbish just like it, and it's been dominating for awhile now. Shit like Big Bang Theory, latest Simpsons and Family Guy seasons, The Hangover, lots and lots of other popular shows and movies. With non stop retarded lines that many Hyenas think are jokes.

Wow, it looks like the rest of the comedy landscape from the last five years or so.

Except a bit worse, somehow. (A pedophilia joke? SERIOUSLY?)

Ok, so everyone has pretty much said nearly everything that needs to be said... This doesn't even look like it's supposed to be a parody. (Epic/EA actually allowed Gears of War to show up several times in this crap?)

Why is it called "Noobz"? What relevance does that word have to do with anything in this film? "Gamerz" might make sense, but "Noobz"? And why does the title look like someone typed some letters in MS Paint and called it a day?

Adam Sessler is dead to me. I thought he already was, but he's deadder to me now than he used to be.

Nazulu:
Well, I'm surprised. Thought most of you would like this crap. Maybe it's only when it hits home.

There's already been plenty of terrible rubbish just like it, and it's been dominating for awhile now. Shit like Big Bang Theory, latest Simpsons and Family Guy seasons, The Hangover, lots and lots of other popular shows and movies. With non stop retarded lines that many Hyenas think are jokes.

See i like big bang theory, though i've got enough dignity to know that makes me a bad person. For some reason some of the one note geek refrences mixed with sheldons personality are genuinely endearing. Plus, wear a star wars tshirt out and people think your a loser, wear a tshirt with the word 'Bazinga' and girls think geeks are the sexiest thing out there... Really, big bang theory novelty shirts have helped me pull more than once... but i digress.

Aye, to be honest this might be a laugh, its got Jason Mewes in it and I've always liked him as the better half of jay and silent bob.

Everyones just getting butthurt because their precious medium is being mocked. Seriously, you sound like douchebags. If a comedy came out about an american football team which involved the team being a bunch of lunkhead stereotypes would football fans get butthurt? No, they'd probably go and see the movie and find it funny. Sometimes the vocal majority on this site do NOTHING to help themselves as far as image goes.

Now I'm off to start a thread implying that video games are responsible for violence, i want to see if i can get over 300 responses of which at least two thirds are people doing the forum equivilent of foaming at the mouth.

TLDR?
Nerdrage stupid. Jason Mewes funny.

captainfluoxetine:

Nazulu:

See i like big bang theory, though i've got enough dignity to know that makes me a bad person. For some reason some of the one note geek refrences mixed with sheldons personality are genuinely endearing. Plus, wear a star wars tshirt out and people think your a loser, wear a tshirt with the word 'Bazinga' and girls think geeks are the sexiest thing out there... Really, big bang theory novelty shirts have helped me pull more than once... but i digress.

Your confused mate.

It doesn't make you a bad person, not wearing a Star Wars t-shirt because of some assholes will make you the loser, and Bazinga is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard and I wouldn't go near any girls who thought it is sexy.

I really don't want to discuss the show, I think I've made myself pretty clear on where I stand.

Edit: And for the rest of your post, I hope your not assuming I hate it because I'm part of some gaming culture. Nor should you assume that the rest of the people are, really.

...Yeah, just reading through the comments, I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie.

leet_x1337:
...Yeah, just reading through the comments, I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie.

Will the writing be just as terrible?

Nazulu:

leet_x1337:

I already happen to like what Rolfe does with the show and I've seen a few of his other short films. And the trailer looks pretty good.

It doesn't look THAT bad, certainly not good, maybe worth a cheap laugh or two. But I don't see a reason to treat it like the Anti-christ of the gaming community...

leet_x1337:

Nazulu:

leet_x1337:

I already happen to like what Rolfe does with the show and I've seen a few of his other short films. And the trailer looks pretty good.

Wait, are we being serious now? Who is Rolfe?

Nazulu:

leet_x1337:

Nazulu:

I thought we were being serious the entire time.

And Rofle is James Rofle, the guy behind the show - writer, director, and the titular Nerd.

Is it me or does Kickpuncher seem like a genuinely better movie than this piece of shit?

I'm all for free speech and everything (I defended Passion of the Christ's right to existence while calling it a piece of shit), but this movie doesn't deserved to be screened or seen by anyone. Who is this movie targeting? Certainly not people who play video games, and certainly not humans. It's just the kind of movie that doesn't deserve defending or attention.

leet_x1337:

Nazulu:

leet_x1337:

I thought we were being serious the entire time.

And Rofle is James Rofle, the guy behind the show - writer, director, and the titular Nerd.

No wonder I got confused. I've never heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd show before. I thought you just made up the name to make fun of the people in this thread, so I started poking fun saying the writing should be terrible in that too.

steampro:
It doesn't look THAT bad, certainly not good, maybe worth a cheap laugh or two. But I don't see a reason to treat it like the Anti-christ of the gaming community...

I agree with this. This pile of puke is awful. No one will watch it. In a fair and just world, the director's hands will be chopped off, burning, and buried next to Hitler. Those who do watch may hurt themselves or a friend out of blind rage and emotions better left unconveyed brought out by the trauma the movie inflicted.

But it's not evil. Arson is evil. Murder is evil. Hawk Harrelson is evil. This movie is just shit.

Can this please not be real? I would very much like that.

Hey, I wonder what this movie is abo-

Please don't let this be real...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook