Christmas is Weird

Did Moviebob create this quiz, regardless I suck at trivia and got 20%.

UM... "In Australia, and other parts of Europe" shouldn't this be "in Australia, and parts of Europe" cause Australia is not part of Europe?

40% wow I am impressed with my ability to guess, and I thought my Christmas traditions were weird.

gardian06:
UM... "In Australia, and other parts of Europe" shouldn't this be "in Australia, and parts of Europe" cause Australia is not part of Europe?

40% wow I am impressed with my ability to guess, and I thought my Christmas traditions were weird.

It's Austria not Australia.

i got 100% after my 2nd try.

and nasrin is number one.....
strangely that raises some concerns in me.

Hey. Psst. I'm Brazilian. Do you know what kind of thing Papai Noel rides on? A sleigh, just like his international counterpart.

That just casts doubt on the whole thing!

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Christmas is Weird .
Take this quiz

Well, I had to retake the quiz 3 times before getting 100%. Some of the traditions I would of never of guessed.
Seriously, the one about what some Americans do place on their Christmas tree .. why? I assumed it was an apple- or anything but that.

demonjazz:

gardian06:

It's Austria not Australia.

dang you visual recognition of spelling you have beaten me again. why do some countries have to look so similar in spelling.

3 of 10 right.
Only one I knew was the first question. Might have something to do with me being Swedish and all... :D
Nontheless, glad to see that trivia show up somewhere. It's a weird tradition, but it just isn't Christmas without it. Been running for 52 years I believe!

I got 5/10 right.

I thought that all that time watching things about Christmas on the History Channel would finally be put to use.

Clearly, I was wrong.

There is an error in the question about Iceland. Naughty children aren't sacrificed to the cat. The cat eats every child that doesn't get new clothes for christmas regardless if it's been naughty or nice.

pffh:
There is an error in the question about Iceland. Naughty children aren't sacrificed to the cat. The cat eats every child that doesn't get new clothes for christmas regardless if it's been naughty or nice.

so is that a marketing thing "buy new cloths for you children, or they get eaten by a cat, Iceland" because now I am really starting to wonder if Iceland was really supposed to resemble its name at least in disposition.

gardian06:

pffh:

so is that a marketing thing "buy new cloths for you children, or they get eaten by a cat, Iceland" because now I am really starting to wonder if Iceland was really supposed to resemble its name at least in disposition.

More of a "Remember to make new clothes for all your kids because winter is fucking cold and you live in what is basically a hole in the ground so if they don't get new warm clothes they are going to fucking die" than a marketing thing.

The Krampus stuff was new for me. Prehaps the Krampus ritual began as some sort of criminal punishment or method for weeding out a village's weak when food was at a premium. Later, when centeral/northern europe adopted catholisism, the natural fear and guilt over the doomed krampus men made an easy subject for renouncment and blame. The idea became a curse, then a joke, and finally a curiosity.

Ouch, I only got 3 out 10 right. Then again, I'm not a big fan of Christmas.
I think I'm going to read up on Krampus. Sounds very interesting.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here