The War Z

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The War Z

In Which We Admit Defeat

Read Full Article

No! Wait! I have a joke on this! What if we--Oh wait, no. He actually said those things too. Huh. But what about... Okay, I got nothing.

In situations like these, you just let the story speak for itself.

Foolproof:
So, you admit, you cannot come up with a good joke...about 200 strips after this became obvious to everyone who has seen this series.

Well a lot of people seem to find it funny, so this point doesn't really stand :]

OT: I commend you for trying your best, this whole situation is so stupid it's hard to joke about.

I find the fact that they couldn't make a joke about how stupid the guy was just as funny as any other strip that makes a joke.
The humor of reality sometimes outweighs any joke that can be made.

War Z? More like Lay Z.

But seriously, just because the servers can support 100 players each, it doesn't mean they...

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Just him SAYING the quote is funny enough. A panel without satire isn't going to end the world...

...pun not intended.

Cory drew himself slightly more rugged than I remember him... that is unless these last few months of tirelessly drawing have hardened him >.>

From the man that brought you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing...

Because really, by comparison, War Z is almost functional.

I think another way of describing this situation is 'You couldn't make this shit up'.

Ah yes, the "up to" marketing speech...

Like with Internet Service Providers:

Except in WarZ's case, the severs never even went up to 100 players!

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.
Both the servers AND the developer.

Oh! SNAP!

BUUUUUUUUURRRNNN !

Now I'm really glad I didn't buy this game.

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

But seriously, just because the servers can support 100 players each, it doesn't mean they...

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Very nice, very nice...

OT, Im not current on the situation but this guy seems kind of like a middleman. Like whoever developed the game (unless it was him) were all "oh yeah, it can totally support 100 players if it has to", and he went out and Molyneuxed, and the other guy was like "wait wait, I meant it could support 100 players with massive lag and frame skipping", and he was like :(

Simple. Keep letting him talk. You don't have to change what is inherently funny. All you need is a simple final panel with a large number of caricatures of mildly internet-famous people (such as yourselves) giving him the same reaction we've all given him: awkward, puzzled looks expressing "Really?"

Or you could take it from different critics' angles, Yahtzee sicking imps on him, Jim sicking mini action-figure Willam DeFoe on him, Justin using his "tank ninja" powers, TB using his "lawyer powers", Angry Joe setting him on fire or something, Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade doing something... weird.

...come to think of it that would be awesome, like a game-critic "Superfriends". How has this not been done before? oh right, image rights and copyrights... dangit.

PS: Love the derp-face on him. That's pretty much all you need.

Well here are some words to live by from Homer..... Simpson.

"So you tried and you failed miserably, the lesson here, is to never try."
--Homer

Wait... That's horrible... So that's what happened to my life.

1. cat. lazy cat
2. War Z is tragic enough to be funny
3. Least you tried:)?

Wait, he actually said that??? Yeah I'm not sure how you'd satirize that either.

Foolproof:
So, you admit, you cannot come up with a good joke...about 200 strips after this became obvious to everyone who has seen this series.

Hah. You just earned me $5, man. Thanks.

Knew that bet was worth it.

canadamus_prime:
Wait, he actually said that??? Yeah I'm not sure how you'd satirize that either.

Yup. Real quote, and it gets better. They also claimed the maps would be very large, "up to" 100 KM^2... with all available maps measuring (by players, and later openly admitted by the devs) only about 12 KM^2.

For more information on this wacky scenario, TotalBiscuit has some lovely videos explaining (and openly mocking) it.

Why are the shades yellow? Is that part of the joke?

You should have consulted the cat in the background, it may have had some advice.

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

OK, that took me a moment. In my defence, I pronounce the letter Z as "zed".

MetalMagpie:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

Really? Where are you from?

Grey Carter:

Foolproof:

Hah. You just earned me $5, man. Thanks.

Knew that bet was worth it.

I am now interested in the terms of this bet, because from the context, this seems less like a bet and more like a sure thing.

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Your post was literally better than today's strip...

DVS BSTrD:

MetalMagpie:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

UK. (Specifically London.)

DVS BSTrD:

MetalMagpie:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

Oh Canada! The great north strong and free!

So basically

Happy to see the community crucify ppl who sell games that are falsely advertised.

I'd say my faith in humanity has increased, but the amount of people defending them negates any gain in FIH.

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Welp, it's decided.
I'm now going to stalk your every post since it seems pretty obvious you are the second (third) coming of Hankman.

OT: Yeah, there's not really much that can be done with that other than to go meta like you did.
I'm pretty entertained by that notion anyways.

Foolproof:

Not able to point out that there was, in fact, a joke in this comic? Albeit, a simple one where they just say that the target of ridicule is so stupid he ridicules himself. How sad.

Radoh:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Welp, it's decided.
I'm now going to stalk your every post since it seems pretty obvious you are the second (third) coming of Hankman.

OT: Yeah, there's not really much that can be done with that other than to go meta like you did.

Third? there was another?

*Looks at Custom forum title*
Should I be worried?

WanderingFool:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Your post was literally better than today's strip...

Your post has literally no constructive content!

My favorite claim of theirs was the "Learn dozen of available skills![1]"
[1] Actual skills not included. Any skills gained will be a result of real life interaction with the game client and exposure to false advertising.

DVS BSTrD:

Radoh:

DVS BSTrD:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.

Welp, it's decided.

Third? there was another?

*Looks at Custom forum title*
Should I be worried?

Well, I say third because Hankman ban jumped and went with the name Hankman 2.0 so that's why third was in parentheses.
And yes, you should be worried.
Always be worried when dealing with Radoh.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here