Movie Trailers: The Smurfs 2 - Trailer

The Smurfs 2 - Trailer

The Naughties look pretty smurfing naughty.

Watch Video

Why? Why? Why. Who asked for this. Who. Who watched the first one and thought "I want more of that"?

I'll tell you one thing for sure.

That's... the opposite of Smurfette's story.

Naughties...

Good gods

And it is so painfully obviously an attempt to also market a goth/emo line of smurfs that all the teens that buy and enjoy ironically

This world. Living on it. Do not want.

OK, two things...

1. The word "naughty" was used far too many times in this trailer without any one character finding it stupid/annoying/downright dumb.

2. Why is Neil Patrick Harris is this? Why?! He could do so much better.

nayrbarr:
That's... the opposite of Smurfette's story.

Yeah... and if they're going down the route of ignoring Smurfette's true origins, it makes the whole male to female Smurf ratio seem all the more creepy as a result.

1st) If ever there was a "WHY?!" moment... This would be it.
2nd) Smurfette is already an artificial smurf, created by Gargamel!
3rd) Again it's set in modern world America?! Was ye 'olde Belgium unavailable?
4th) Still not using the original voice actors? So... Robot Chicken can get them but Sony can't?
5th) Neil Patrick Harris?!

This is the perfect excuse to go back out and see Hobbit again!

WHY did the first one have to make money?!?! It just encourages them to make another shit movie!

What the smurf...

Kinda wanna watch it >.>

Well, I guess this is what happens when you make a PG nostalgia movie for $110 million and it grosses $564 million worldwide. I love Hank Azaria and enjoyed him as Gargamel. But the rest of the movie didn't do much for me.

Oh, but it gets worse...
Smurfs 2 Release date: 7/31/2013
Smurfs 3 Release date: 7/24/2015

Clankenbeard:

Oh, but it gets worse...

Why!?

Rhetorical question....I know its because of the money.
But seriously, the first one was bad enough....

Clankenbeard:
Well, I guess this is what happens when you make a PG nostalgia movie for $110 million and it grosses $564 million worldwide. I love Hank Azaria and enjoyed him as Gargamel. But the rest of the movie didn't do much for me.

Oh, but it gets worse...

MOOMIN MOVIE NAW

I'm sure they can't ruin that. In less they remove all the nightmarish creepy characters.

Hey kids! Remember, the 'alternative' look is evil! Be normal! ;)

I must now increase the dosage of my antidepressants.

Much as we lambast the thing there's evidently people out there who want to see it or else it wouldn't be made.

I wonder who, and why.

Johnny Novgorod:
Much as we lambast the thing there's evidently people out there who want to see it or else it wouldn't be made.

I wonder who, and why.

so we can kill them?

honsty i watch the movie in a random TV channel once, its was bad, bad bad and bad... it should be purge with holy fire!

"This film trailer was brought to you by The Samaritans - Don't just jump, super-jump!"

Guys, guys... it's silly/stupid fun for kids. And considering how utterly idiotic some "kids" stuff is, this looks practically decent.

Also, what is this, MLP? We're worried about canonical origins of smurf characters?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here