Unskippable: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Unlike the Call of Duty franchise, Future Soldier features geese.

Watch Video

is that bonus points for that EB Games employee, or negative points for being called out on internet video?

--

Did anyone else think that in retrospect it was a little bit forshadowy how the mountain itself looked like a volcanic eruption?

Genuine Evil:
The background makes the video completely unwatchable .
the video lags about 3 seconds behind the sound and runs at about 5 frames per second .

If anyone else runs into the same problem i suggest using noscript to disable the background animations .

I recommend going into the site's browsing options and selecting "no" for "animated background".

I'm mildly disappointed they didn't take the game mix up and run with it for another few weeks by purposefully playing other games and pretending they got the wrong one by mistake. Could have made for a fun running joke.

To the employees at said EB Games that might possibly read this comment.

GET IT TOGETHER GUYS!

Unless of course, they result in more hilarious videos.

4:00
Why, hello there, Mr. Blum :D

Aptspire:

Is it even possible to not hear Spike Spiegel when he talks?

I like to think the EB games employee did it on person just to see what would happen.

Somehow I missed last week's video, and wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't the message at the end of this one. So I guess EB Games did all that only so I'd be alerted to my error.

Thanks, EB Games. Thames.

"We drop you in Bolivia, yata, yata, yata, then we extract you"
Best vacation debriefing ever :D

For a game called "Future Soldier" it doesn't look very futuristic.
Also, I bet that EB Games employee that gave you the wrong disk is felling pretty embarrassed right about now.

What the hell is Monty's Rutabaga Town.... and why the hell do I suddenly want to visit it???

Y'know... that intro kinda highlighted how hopelessly out-teched and outmatched those... terrorits? were... as Yahtzee would say, kinda hard to look like the good guys when you've got all the shiny toys and advantages.

Also, the mission briefing made the follow-up seem a heckuva lot like a revenge mission as opposed to a threat-mitigation one.

That should have been the 13th AND 14th "time I died."

Running gag is a sad panda.

canadamus_prime:
Also, I bet that EB Games employee that gave you the wrong disk is felling pretty embarrassed right about now.

As of today, I think you mean "CITGO employee".

"We drop you in Bolivia, yadda yadda yadda, then we extract you"

That just made me laugh out loud.

It's been years since I've been a victim of the "they put the wrong game in the box" issue, but it has happened to me, so I can relate.

varmintx:

Aptspire:

Is it even possible to not hear Spike Spiegel when he talks?

same here

this is the first time I've seen in a game where a character dies because he arms catches on fire and falls off a cliff.

TheSchaef:
That should have been the 13th AND 14th "time I died."

Running gag is a sad panda.

its been a long we've heard that or a moon joke.

Suddenly, the briefing turned into the first minute of "Duty Calls"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here