The Christmas Marathon

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hah.

The community has gotten better though, seems the bans have picked up and are weeding out the worst scum.

Whore's never been one of the insults. Sitting around and being miserable is 90% of the LoL experience tough.

Heh, nice one. I've heard good things about LoL, but I've also heard the community is one of the worst around. That, and my general disdain of MMO's is mostly what's kept me from checking it out.

Side-note, who was her hallucination of?

Mcoffey:
Heh, nice one. I've heard good things about LoL, but I've also heard the community is one of the worst around. That, and my general disdain of MMO's is mostly what's kept me from checking it out.

A character from LoL, incidentally.

Ah, well that would explain it. Thank you kindly.

Hehe, as an avid LoL player I find this strip to be most true.
Though it's getting slightly better.
It still needs to set a system for scumbags to get matched up with scumbags, making them inevitably quit.

Most of the people on LoL are just very selfish and think so highly of themselves. The game is great to play with a team of people who can communicate...but more often than not you have someone who thinks they are the only one of talent and from the start tell you and your team everything you do is wrong, you suck, noob,..etc and then when ask "what should i do?"...no reply.....loveeeeeeee it.

More on topic...I have played random match games in LoL and out of the hundreds I have played only twice have I been aware there was a girl on the team. Of these two times, once I had called mid, the girl then said, "No I want mid" as I was typing, "sure, okay you can take it" she posted before I could reply, " I will show you my tits for mid" ...I was going to give her mid anyways...but lo' and behold a message later with a tinyurl link....dont know or care if it was her <-reported

That's a first, a Critical Miss that was kinda funny.

See, that's why I play DotA2 - everyone who calls me gay does so in cyrillic Russian so I have no idea what they're saying and I can imagine they're complimenting me on my skillful play, great sense of humor and dashing good looks... :D

It's cute that she still thinks Priests are virgins.

As a League of Legends player, I find this absolutely true and hilarious.

Nimzabaat:
That's a first, a Critical Miss that was kinda funny.

I guess that depends on whether you belong to an organized religion or not.

Anyway, I gotta give Grey and Cory credit for plowing on through the Christmas week. Normally I would say that they need to take a break, but then I'm only here 'cause I'm procrastinating from my own work, so who am I to talk?

Innegativeion:

Mcoffey:

ironically enough, a paladin of the sun go figure.

But I'm one of the nice League of Legends players, my only problem is most of the time I'm put on a team that speaks only Spanish making it hard for me to communicate with them. Any way, funny comic! Thanks for the upload.

Dude, not cool. Just because I'm a Christian white virgin male doesn't mean I think Erin's a whore.

"Harlot" has a much nicer ring to it, don't you think?

Eh...this is one of those cases when the strip is trying to say something, but I have no idea what it is. A take that at LoL...a take that at Christians...should I be offended?...I'm so confused. I guess this is one of those "are you laughing at me or with me," things.

DVS BSTrD:

In the traditional sense of "must have penetrated a vagina", perhaps.

On the topic of going to Church on Christmas back in the old days before my Super Catholic Grandma got too old to visit she would always visit on Christmas and make us go to Church TWICE on Christmas day, once for the regular Mass and then once again for the Christmas Mass. Not only was it incredibly boring and I wanted to use my presents but I'm also a Protestant (we never told my Grandma for fear that she would have a heart attack or something) and one time the Sermon was about how if you interpret the Bible you're going to Hell and I was like "ooooh awkward".

OT: Also I unfortunately just found out the other day that my little brother was one of those annoying LoL players, although to be fair he hadn't planned on screaming he just didn't know he was being so loud because he was wearing Noise canceling headphones.

*Slow Clap* As yet another LoL player(hence the icon), this was quite a funny comic. :) The game's mechanics are quite fun i will say, i just avoid the people and play bot games ^_^ happy-ness for all....and by all i mean me.

erttheking:
Eh...this is one of those cases when the strip is trying to say something, but I have no idea what it is. A take that at LoL...a take that at Christians...should I be offended?...I'm so confused. I guess this is one of those "are you laughing at me or with me," things.

There's no real reason to be offended. I'd consider myself a Christian and I thought this strip was hilarious. Taking offense to a webcomic on the Internet that can easily be ignored isn't exactly a worthwhile thing to do, in my opinion.

Then again, I've never played League of Legends, so maybe that dig by itself is worthy of taking offense.

I play LoL as well, and i found this quite funny, and quite true, as well. Haven`t seen a community like LoL has before, gotta admit it. Lots and lots and lots of angry people screaming and insulting each other. Quite a lot of hate indeed. That`s why i donīt really talk a lot in-game. Only the necessary stuff.

Not to be a stickler, but the m-m-m-multi stuff is a DotA thing, LoL uses a different announcer style on that.

Also, the type of Christian I am (when I do actually go) is fine with priests marrying and doesn't do the whole "you are going to hell thing".

I am somewhat tired of everyone generalizing Catholic and some certain other sects as being the same as just "christian", but that is a debate for somewhere other than on a web comic comments section on a video game forum.

Abomination:

DVS BSTrD:

christian =/= catholic

on the topic of the comic though

you don't like religion
haha haha.... it wasn't that funny

Hence why I only play LoL with a group of friends. It's a pain in the ass otherwise.

Ok this one was great. Nicely done sirs. Much laughter to be had!

well since you used my main in your comic I instantly love it.

seriously use more leona, would make everything better.

A hearty laugh was had.

The Tall Nerd:
christian =/= catholic

OT:
Yep...gotta go with you there.
MOBA communities seem bring out the biggest jerks for some reason.

Innegativeion:

Mcoffey:

That'd be Leona, The Radient Dawn... Ž_Ž

The Tall Nerd:

Abomination:

DVS BSTrD:

christian =/= catholic

you don't like religion

He did specify 'Organized Religion' in the description, which is what you're generally talking about when you refer to priests... Just because somebody doesn't like the way other people tell them to experience the spiritual aspects of their lives doesn't mean they dislike religion in general.

That said, great comic as usual, guys. As was already said by others before me, you have my sincere and deepest respect for keeping on schedule with release despite this being Christmas week.

The Tall Nerd:
so all of Christianity is catholic is what your saying
not i dunno different sects of Christians no no just Catholism
because i was saying was Christianity isn't just Catholicism
so please inform how your half assed retort was necessary
and please tell me how you like to read posts out of context , you lazy twat

Catholics are Christians.
/=/ means 'not'.

So, by your very post you were saying either 'Christians aren't Catholics' or 'Catholics aren't Christians'.

Way too get pissed over nothing, bro.

AzureFlameLord:

The Tall Nerd:

Abomination:

christian =/= catholic

you don't like religion

He did specify 'Organized Religion' in the description, which is what you're generally talking about when you refer to priests... Just because somebody doesn't like the way other people tell them to experience the spiritual aspects of their lives doesn't mean they dislike religion in general.

That said, great comic as usual, guys. As was already said by others before me, you have my sincere and deepest respect for keeping on schedule with release despite this being Christmas week.

from what i can tell from i can tell the people who do this comic aren't really fans. which is fine, i have no issue with that my issue comes in where they try to fight being a dick, with being a dick.

you just end up looking like an atheist dick

i dont care if you dont like religon

nor do if you dont like atheism

no one cares, just make flipping jokes that aren't dick moves against each other shit isn't funny anymore

your disbelief in good is not comedy, it bores me

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or