The Christmas Marathon

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Smilomaniac:
Hah.

The community has gotten better though, seems the bans have picked up and are weeding out the worst scum.

As someone who's played since the 20 champion beta, I promise you it has gotten worse.

Mcoffey:
Heh, nice one. I've heard good things about LoL, but I've also heard the community is one of the worst around. That, and my general disdain of MMO's is mostly what's kept me from checking it out.

Side-note, who was her hallucination of?

Leona. New-ish character, but you don't see much of her because she's a tank and everyone wants to do that dee-pee-es.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leona

She's actually one of my favorite characters because she's one of the few characters without ridiculous cleavage all up in your face, and when played properly she can shut down/disrupt a whole team. Chain disables like a mother.

church.

felbot:
well since you used my main in your comic I instantly love it.

seriously use more leona, would make everything better.

This.

erttheking:
Eh...this is one of those cases when the strip is trying to say something, but I have no idea what it is. A take that at LoL...a take that at Christians...should I be offended?...I'm so confused. I guess this is one of those "are you laughing at me or with me," things.

The joke here is that the League of Legends community is as fanatical and judgmental as the church. You may or may not agree with both stereotypes, which may or may not affect how funny you find the comic.

Uszi:
The joke here is that the League of Legends community is as fanatical and judgmental as the church. You may or may not agree with both stereotypes, which may or may not affect how funny you find the comic.

That's impossible. The LoL community does not openly (or sometimes secretly) loath people who play other games. :p

hidden third zing much to the enjoyment of Diana.

(League of Legends joke because I know way too much about LoL lore huehuahua)

DVS BSTrD:
It's cute that she still thinks Priests are virgins.

Maybe she thinks only heterosexual intercourse counts.

>.>

<.<

This thread gives me a headache. It looks like people who can communicate only through image macros are competing to show how clueless they are in every discipline from sociology to mathematics.

I hope some dev makes an idiotic exclusionary remark soon because even people saying that C&G must be trolling for holding a sensible but unpopular opinion are better than this.

There sure ain't priests in my church. And not many virgins, either, for that matter. Baptist ftw.
As for the comic, well, my above statement probably says it all. Ignorance doesn't make good humour.

On a side note, isn't the Escapist's forum policy meant to be one of accepting cultural diversity? And yet all of their contributors are free to make whatever cultural commentaries they want, for better or for worse. Hmm... I sense a double standard.

Abomination:

DVS BSTrD:
It's cute that she still thinks Priests are virgins.

In the traditional sense of "must have penetrated a vagina", perhaps.

Well, all told there is no basis to assume they are virgins. The vow of celibacy, even if taken (and upheld) is not taken at birth. One isn't born a priest as they say.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here