Miracle of Sound: The Call Of Duty Circus

Pages PREV 1 2

god damnit that was awesome!! thanks gav

Hahahahah! That was one of the funniest videos I've ever seen on the site, full stop. Awesome!

What an appropriate metaphor for your typical COD players.
Good show, Gav.

Sonicron:
"Then farewell to your controller, out the window it will go"

Oh God, mercy!! I think I almost died of laughter at that point xD

I wonder, Gav... did you have to do many takes while recording this song? I think I wouldn't have been able to sing without bursting into snickers and laughter at certain points xD

Funny enough, this was one of the easiest songs to make so far! Took about 15 minutes to write and most of the vocals were done in one or two takes :)

bificommander:
I don't play CoD, so can anyone tell me what the purpose of the spinning snipers is? Shooter guy also talked about them, so I suppose they're a common occurence, but I don't get why. Is it showing off that you can still hit, or is it abusing a console autoaim function or something?

It's a phenomenon called 'trickshotting'. They do stuff like jump off a wall, spin three times and shoot you.

99% of the time they miss, and the 1% usually gets uploaded to youtube in slow-mo with dubstep music.

That was fucking brilliant, Gav, I'm not kidding! I was laughing the entire time!

I mean, I hope that's what you were going for, because otherwise, this is kind of awkward...

...Anyway, I'm gonna go listen to it again.

Emphasis on FURIOUS freaks... awesome song.

I was actually pretty bored a little bit ago, bit seeing that you seem to be felling better and then listening to this song made me happy. Awesome work Gav.

that was hilarious.
thats how i feel when i played the previous titles. good thing i skipped blops 2 and stick with bf3. at least you dont come across that many campers and no one can kill you that quickly with a knife from the front.

Utter brilliance is what this is.

I thought everyone had forgotten about Modern Warfare 2. People still care!

...wait a sec. You only used it for its Carnival map didn't you? So it's not making a comeback. Damn. Welp. Back to waiting 30 minutes for a Headquarters game.

*sits and waits*

Yay Gavin is back!
And in style we've never seen him before :D

Funny little song you got us here.
I bet you've been thinking about loads of new material during the start of your tinnitus, just hope it gets better! (the tinnitus I mean :P)

So, my top three MOS songs are now this one, Rise, and Crucible.

Well Dunne,Gavin.Another gem in the steaming pile of turds that is call of duty videos.

Proverbial Jon:
You have truly performed a miracle today Gav; your song made Call of Duty actually look like fun to play!

There was much laughter at the spinning sniping 10 year old! Love the little call backs to Shooter Guy.

Oh god, the high-pitched 10-year-old sniper! That was priceless! Great song, Gavin; glad to have you back!

captcha: unreadable
that's how I describe Wynn (or whatever) Las Vegas's logo.

Love the style of this one.
And the video cracked me up so much, my shoulder is feeling better. Thanks Miracle.

Good and funny.

Hopefully the next one will be about Jason Brody or Vaas.

Har, picturing you in a glittery red tailcoat and a tophat right now. And probably a big moustache.

Anyway, great song, made my day. I'll go get it now :)

Love the new song, Gavin!
Saw it last night on youtube before I had a chance to log in here- had to stifle my giggles on the bus- I looked like quite the crazy person!

How did you guys go about looking the video? It's fantastic!

MiracleOfSound:

Sonicron:

I wonder, Gav... did you have to do many takes while recording this song? I think I wouldn't have been able to sing without bursting into snickers and laughter at certain points xD

Funny enough, this was one of the easiest songs to make so far! Took about 15 minutes to write and most of the vocals were done in one or two takes :)

I think my next paycheck's grabbing all your Levels, shit like this is just too funny to not be able to listen to outside the 'Net.

Boba Frag:
Love the new song, Gavin!
Saw it last night on youtube before I had a chance to log in here- had to stifle my giggles on the bus- I looked like quite the crazy person!

How did you guys go about looking the video? It's fantastic!

Got a few buddies in to dance around the multiplayer maps and used Blop's theatre mode to make it look fancy :)

I don't even play CoD, but this was one hilarious song, Gav. Glad to see you back on the musical horse. I truly enjoy your satirical songs. I know it's not exactly the same tone or harmony, but the feeling evoked in me reminded me of Khajiit like to Sneak.

Ahh I almost missed this one. As everyone has basically already said this was a ridiculously fun song. I loved it. It felt less like a song and more like a legit Big top presentation :)

The video really helped to bring the song to life. How long did it take to make? I'd imagine awhile if you were getting all the shots from live games.

MiracleOfSound:

You said that about You died too. Is it just that some games beat you over the head with ideas for them, or do you just get anti writers block at times?

Also have you ever thought about putting your songs on Pandora?

soren7550:
Right now, my feelings are mixed about this one. It's good yes I suppose, but I find your other fun songs (although you could argue that all your songs are fun) to be better.

Again, that's just how I feel at the moment. Another few listens I might like it more, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

If it helps just picture Gav in a Carnie outfit showing a crowd of people the COD players XD

Sonicron:

This part hits a little too close to home for me... That's probably why I was Laughing so hard XD

Come on Treyarch, make this an Easter Egg song...

You know you want to!

PsychicTaco115:
Come on Treyarch, make this an Easter Egg song...

You know you want to!

Maybe you can even make another thread about it being awesome!

and absolutely no one responds. You know, like last time XD

Seriously though, I'd sign a petition to Treyarch to make it happen :)

Is this up on bandcamp yet? I just noticed im about 5 songs missing now from my collection, so payday friday time to correct this error.

I almost forgot the praise aswell sorry, song very good, and very funny.

Loved it. I'm now waiting with expectant hilarity for the masses of pissed of 12 year olds on youtube to shout about how trickshots are part of teh L337 skillz yo.

The shooter guys who suck at call of duty go to the circus... I liked it.

The reasons I don't play Call of Duty, distilled into 3 minutes, 8 seconds of goodness. Hats off to you, Gav.

(Side note/question: We're on Call of Duty 8 or 9, right? How difficult can it be to program it to where knifing someone in the foot is less deadly than 5-10 bullets?)

Funniest song ever!

The high pitched sniper bits had me dying of laughter.

I haven't even played Call Of Duty, and I'm still finding this a really funny song.

Fun to sing along with, too.

The best lines are "Then farewell to your controller, out the window it will go." and "He's got more revs per minute than the disc in his console."

Despite those great lines, I think my favourite part is the stealthy clown. It's strangely serious, yet also absurd.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here