Ancient Weapons Quiz

My first ever 100%.
That figures.

I think this is the first time I've scored 100% at the first try.

I'm not sure if I should be that proud though...

Regardless, I'd love to have more pre-modern era weapon quizzes (maybe something more advanced next time)!

Ohh, I really liked this quiz.

I did second guess myself a bit though due to the angles on some of the pictures.

And then I realised I was nitpicking ancient weapons which was probably not normal and just went with the one it was out of the answers rather than try and name it without the multiple choice :D

Overall though: Great job and I'd like to say thank you for these, I do the quiz every week regardless of whether I think I know the answer (seen from my abysmal astrophysics score XD)

My first ever first-try 100%! Which probably means I've played far, far too many rpgs and watched too much of the History Channel.

Not really a hard quiz - most of the wrong answers were obviously wrong.

Glad to see the khopesh show up, though.

Happy to see a bunch of Ancient Roman weapons on here (the most of the bunch), although I agree with Scorched that it should really be a Spatha. Took me a bit to get a 100% as my Norse mythology is a bit bad, although I swear I tried every option and I still got 90%.

I scored 100%, with 10 o 10 correct on The Escapist's Name That Ancient Weapon.
Take this quiz

I kept failing to get 100% three times because of this-

You guys tricked me, I would of never suspected it to be something else due to how the sword looks from it's angle.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Name That Ancient Weapon.
Take this quiz

Oh hell yeah! 100% on my 1st go around! Some of these were weapons I haven't seen before.

I believe it's actually Feudal Japan ;).

Got 7/10, not bad considering the last time I saw these weapons was the middle of last year.

Wow after the string of 40% in quizzes lately its good to get a 100% and i only had to guess one of em.

Yeah, the claymore image is outright not a claymore but some sort of dagger, or by really stretching the definition or perspective, a short sword. I can't remember Braveheart, so I looked at the image, realised none of the given answers matched and just took a stab at the plausible answers. Same goes for the katana; the image shows a wakazashi, but the other answers are all obvious tripe anyway, being two non Japanese names and JAXA's shuttle launch centre. The atlatl was a new one to me, as in Australia, its referred to by the Aboriginal name woomera (also an infamous detention centre), but the other answers were again, obvious tripe.

Ooh, two badges?

I do wonder how those people at the top managed to do it in 36 seconds. Do you people just absorb words instead of reading them?

snave:
Yeah, the claymore image is outright not a claymore but some sort of dagger, or by really stretching the definition or perspective, a short sword. I can't remember Braveheart, so I looked at the image, realised none of the given answers matched and just took a stab at the plausible answers. Same goes for the katana; the image shows a wakazashi, but the other answers are all obvious tripe anyway, being two non Japanese names and JAXA's shuttle launch centre. The atlatl was a new one to me, as in Australia, its referred to by the Aboriginal name woomera (also an infamous detention centre), but the other answers were again, obvious tripe.

I suspect the claymore is just perspective. Look at how ridiculously huge the hilt is compared to the blade, its obviously been tilted so the blade is pointed away from us
Atlatl is the name used for it in Aztec, and possibly other Mesoamerican, warfare. Just fyi

Someone had fun making up the wrong answers, speculum anyone? harhar.

Could have been made a lot harder though, ill bet if you put 'bastard sword' in there nobody would have gotten it right from guessing. Or the rediculous number of polearm names there are, could make a quiz alone on those.

Thought I'd throw in that katanas were not the main weapon of samurai in Feudal Japan. They were merely a secondary weapon. The primary weapon for samurai was, as with most warriors, the spear.

The picture of the claymore does not do it credit at all, it was only the description that allowed me to get it right.

This one was pretty trivially easy. 100%.

not to be a know it all, but that wasnt a Katana. katanas had a curve in the blade, that was straight so it was either a Chokutō, or a ninjato, the latter of which never actually existed until pop culture took the wheel.

Ultra-Chronic Monstah:
Thought I'd throw in that katanas were not the main weapon of samurai in Feudal Japan. They were merely a secondary weapon. The primary weapon for samurai was, as with most warriors, the spear.

they were also shit weapons to. True fact, the steel the japanese used, was not that great. and no, folding it a thousand times doesnt do shit.
what they mostly used, out side of archery, was a naginata. basically a long pole with a wide curved blade on it.
the Katana was mostly used as last resort, or when they were just fucking around the towns and wanted a side arm.
because of how katanas are designed, if you connected with other weapons or armor, there was a high chances of bending it right on the curve.

10/10! That was fun.

This was one of the easiest quizzes I ever took on The Escapist. Caltrops I knew from Tenchu, Khopesh from Age of Mythology. The rest were pretty easy. And yet 'atlal' robbed me from 100% on my first try.

Only got 6/10 on my first try, but it still was an interesting quiz. I had absolutely no idea what the atlatl was when I first saw it and same with the caltrops, honestly had no idea what I was looking at.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here