Trailers: DmC: Devil May Cry - Trailer

DmC: Devil May Cry - Trailer

Dante is taking this while situation quite well.

Watch Video

I'm so glad I'm not getting this game. After seeing that, I'm going to love listening to Yahtzee rip this particular version of Dante several new ones.

Looks alright. I'll wait for any review of it to be out before I decide to get it, but it does look fun.
Also all I could think about at the beginning of the trailer was why was Alex Mercer, in DMC? Wrong game bro.

Why bother cramming all these real-world commentaries into a goddamned DEVIL MAY CRY game?

The more I see, the more confused I get. I know NT contradicts themselves repeatedly as to whether or not this will be canon or a rebooted story/universe, and this trailer obviously does nothing to answer that question (I wonder if they even give a shit about that anymore.)

Still unsure whether or not I'm getting this game.

Oh JUST GREAT. Just when I was starting to forget about this whole reboot thingy, you just had to bring it up. Tell me how much is Capcom paying you?

Drama aside, wish I could forget about this

Edit: To be fair, I think trailer was well done and there is a certain crude style to it. but whenever that guy opens his mouth, I realize that I am looking at a lazily designed version of a cool character I used to know. I believe the word I am looking for is "poser"

...watching this trailer made me realize something. We only actually have Dante's version of events that demons are running the world, but now that I think about it, I wonder if this is going to turn up that none of this is real and that Dante is actually insane.

Anyways, I don't really know anymore. I mean, the demo was good and it made me realize that combat has a real potential, but the promotional material isn't really bringing me in. I'm not a real fan of the whole "Corporations are evil, only anarchy/anonymous should be allowed" concept, both because it feels cliche, but also it doesn't seem to really mesh real with the genre of modern demon slaying. If this was sci-fi, cyberpunk, or even steampunk then I could see that working, but here I'm not so sure.

I'll wait for the reviews to come out, a day-one buy doesn't seem like a smart move just yet.

Tohuvabohu:
Why bother cramming all these real-world commentaries into a goddamned DEVIL MAY CRY game?

The more I see, the more confused I get. I know NT contradicts themselves repeatedly as to whether or not this will be canon or a rebooted story/universe, and this trailer obviously does nothing to answer that question (I wonder if they even give a shit about that anymore.)

Still unsure whether or not I'm getting this game.

Because NT are a bunch of assholes who are full of self-loathing for being game developers and not in the movie industry. God this game is going to bomb.

I mean, this doesn't actually do anything for me. I am interested in the game because I like DMC games. The combat and gameplay is good, IMO. But this whole pre-rendered confusing mess just kind of annoys me.

Uh-oh. Hope the gameplay is good. This does not fill me with confidence. My DMC2 sense just started tingling.

Has his voice got even higher?

And wow, he actually wore the hilariously oversized hood. I was wondering whether that was going to happen or be just another part of the costume because hoods are fashionable or something.

Yeah, I'll grant the trailer had a certain flair to it, but knocking the kids can away was a bit much. Anyone did that to me, I'd just get another two just to spite him.

I feel kinda bad for saying this, but if this was anything other than a Devil May Cry game I think I would be pretty pumped for it. But since it is a DMC game all I can see really is all the potential it could have had squandered and wasted on this "reboot"

I miss when trailers for video games had actual gameplay footage in them.
Ah well, either way, I don't really care that the entire setting has been rebooted (especially since the original four games were never consistant in their setting anyway), but I've played the demo, and I enjoyed the gameplay well enough. Music seemed pretty cool too, as did the visuals.

I still don't really understand people's whinging that the setting and Dante himself are so different now. Go back and play DMC 1 to 3. Other than how Dante looks, you'd have difficulty realising he's supposed to be the same character from game to game. As I said, the previous games were never consistant to begin with, with the characters acting different each time and some characters just dropping in and out of the series as they pleased.
Maybe this time they'll actually stick with one set of characters.

And I say this as a person who played the original four games to death. Because I loved those games. But a solid fictional universe, they were not.

would have been nice to see some more in game footage, but there is quite abit of that knocking around at the momnet so i can forgive it,

and i gotta say beyond looks he seems very classic dante-ish in this, i dont like the vainy demon face stuff, looks weird, but i suppose it wont be that noticeable ingame.

what does bug me is that i will probably have to get it on xbox due to the arbitrary 10 delay, and some rumours of it being a lazy port.

also limbo world just looks fantastic, it really does, i hope its like that in game

I hope MGR will have a scene in the credits where Raiden spits on DmC. Then he smiles.

....Why is his voice different?

Aside from the fact it looks more like a trailer for [Prototype] than it does DmC,I'm looking forward to this. The old DMC games ran out of steam, and while DMC4 wasn't bad, it certainly wasn't up to the standard of the other games.

I am absolutely in love with this game's visual style. I've watched every trailer over and over. That said, this is not my favorite trailer, and it is the only pre-rendered one. Still, the game itself looks pretty nice.
I do not see how this reboot can stop capcom going back to milk the old continuity again, however. It is getting far more hate than it deserves.

they've changed his voice again, more likely to not pay the game voice actor for this trailer.

Nice song.

Syrup! Syrup! SYRUP! Syrup! Syrup!

Chanted by a choir, no less. That syrup be sacred, brotha.

poiumty:
Nice song.

Damn you poiumty! Now I can't unhear it.

Syrup be praised! CAN I HAVE A AMEN BROTHA AND SISTAS!?

OT: It really does look like Alex Mercer, Damn. I was really surprised to see the hood getting used, At all.

Also I tried the demo and found it quite "Meh". Just doesn't feel like a DMC game to me. Also why did you Ninja Theory remove the lock on? I can't come up with any reason for that. None.

CrazyCapnMorgan:
I'm so glad I'm not getting this game. After seeing that, I'm going to love listening to Yahtzee rip this particular version of Dante several new ones.

Two things:
1) I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion.
2) I love your avatar. Grandia FTW.

Am i the only one who thinks Dante is stealing pages from Alex Mercer's handbook?

just when i thought i couldn't care less about this game, we get this trailer that actually makes the game look less appealing ....

I'm sorry Reuben. I promised Reuben Langdon (Dante's VA in 3 and 4) that I would give this game a shot when I talked with him at Sakura-Con. But this trailer was the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know what game this is supposed to be, but it isn't Devil May Cry.

I really enjoyed this trailer. Fun to watch and well animated I thought. Damn cool music too!

poiumty:
Nice song.

BAHAHAHAHA! Awesome! Didn't catch that before! Now that's all I'm gonna hear!

I was outraged at first, and then it's been a weird tug of war between hate and winning me over since the second gameplay trailer, but this looks like one of those strange abstract commercial either an energy drink, headphones, or one of those nontraditional technical colleges (at least until he starts shooting stuff.)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here