Movie Trailers: Wrong - Trailer

Wrong - Trailer

Don't worry if you misread the title but this is actually the correct trailer for the movie Wrong.

Watch Video

I...

I...

What the hell was that?

This is why you don't do acid kids...

I'm not sure if I'd call the guy who did "Rubber" a visionary director.

For those of you who are not familiar with "Rubber" it is by definition a movie without a point or plot. You have a tire (yes a tire) with psychic powers pretty much randomly rolling around killing stuff, while an audience of people out in the desert there for the show wait for something and pretty much self destruct.

I really do "get" Rubber (if you've seen it), but that doesn't make it good or visionary. While this movie he's doing could very well be funny or entertaining, if he's selling it based on his previous work, I really suggest avoiding it. "Rubber" seemed like it could be cool/funny too... it really, really, wasn't. The term "trying too hard" comes to mind, which seems like it happens a lot with attempts to make deliberatly edgy, low-budget,"art films". Minimalist surrealism is took often used as an excuse for not even trying.

Take insanity. Take it seriously. Now superimpose it on the world.

That is what this film looks like. I'll pass, thanks.

I.....I like it. Looks oddly good.

I like a good headfuck movie. I'll see this, and judge it after.

I saw the trailer for this movie a while back. It is directed by Quentin Dupieux, the experimental (translation: he's French) director who made "Rubber," an absurdist movie about a sentient car tire that achieves physic powers and uses them to blow people up which Quentin Dupieux somehow managed to make boring, so even then, I had pretty low hopes for this movie. I'm giving it a pass.

I will give credit where credit is due, however - this movie has a pretty kick-ass poster:

The Gentleman:
This is why you don't do acid kids...

Why not? If it could make me enjoy a movie like that, it could do practically anything.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here