Trailers: Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer

The police are ill equipped in the future apparently.

Watch Video

Absolutely awesome teaser

Can't wait for the game, CD Project Red always makes good stuff.

And the "Ready: When it's done" line made me giggle, thank god that they take that approach, it is almost always the way to do it, unless your game is called "Duke Nukem Forever".

Also, just as an aside, the teaser has been out for mere hours, and the Social Justice privilege police is already whining about how awful and "sexist" it is.

Here's a pastebin, I refuse to post an actual link to this nerd-baiting garbage:

http://pastebin.com/JGSXp7be

looks interesting, but they could have come up with a better title

"Coming: When it's ready"

THANK you. For the love of god, our industry needs more of this mentality when it comes to the release of new games. I'm not saying a game should be stuck in development hell for all eternity, but those are rare cases. It's so much more common to see a game fall flat simply because it was rushed out the door too fast.

Link XL1:

It's an adaptation of a nearly 30 year old Pen and Paper RPG CALLED "Cyberpunk" you silly willy

One that helped cement what the word "Cyberpunk" even means.

This old school CP2020 player has an old school bulge in his CP2020 pants. The MILITECH logo on the gun in particular were very hard on them.

bringer of illumination:

Link XL1:

It's an adaptation of a nearly 30 year old Pen and Paper RPG CALLED "Cyberpunk" you silly willy

One that helped cement what the word "Cyberpunk" even means.

ok then... did not know that

Yes, yes, YES! Fantastic trailer, fantastic mentality that should definitely be applauded, all from a great dev. I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for this.

It was cool but I don't have a clue whats going on. I really hope the lady with blades isn't going to be the protagonist (thats the extent to which I don't know what this trailer means =D)

bringer of illumination:

And the "Ready: When it's done" line made me giggle, thank god that they take that approach, it is almost always the way to do it, unless your game is called "Duke Nukem Forever".

Also, just as an aside, the teaser has been out for mere hours, and the Social Justice privilege police is already whining about how awful and "sexist" it is.

Here's a pastebin, I refuse to post an actual link to this nerd-baiting garbage:

Well apparently CD Projekt Red is some kind of Lars von Trier of gaming industry now. It's funny how in their mind portraing women as "prizes or vampire-style enemies that are to be as feared as desired" is wrong, but portraing men as dung shoveling rapists and child molesters in the same game is absolutely fine (apparently) and not even worth a mention.

Link XL1:

Well, look at this this way, in case of FF VIII they could have come up with a better game.

Holy shit time for some hype!

bringer of illumination:

Oh, my god, you have to be kidding me.
A pretty woman is in it, it just HAS to be sexist!

As long as the combat is better than Witcher 2 ill be looking forward to this one.

Amaror:

bringer of illumination:

It's a trailer about a gang of cops penetrating a scantily dressed woman (with bullets). What do you expect? :)

Yay cyberpunk news, awesome trailer, and some oddly alluring text around the end, hmm...

Don Reba:

Amaror:

bringer of illumination:

It's a trailer about a gang of cops penetrating a scantily dressed woman (with bullets). What do you expect? :)

If you're taking that line of reasoning, it's worth noting that their advances were fruitless, as there was absolutely no penetration of any kind.

:]

OT: That was awesome, I freaking love cyberpunk. And this game looks to have a taken a bit of inspiration from those cyberpunk animes that came out back in the 90's. Cybercity oedo, maybe a bit of genocyber, angel cop, A.D. police.

They're practically what introduced me to the genre.

SOLVE:media: Marry me.

:D

Don Reba:

Haha, ok if you formulate it this way :-)
I just noticed now that the woman was wearing no pants and the her dress is too short to cover up the area. That is a little bit sexist.

Great trailer, but please, please:

Don't use the term "When it's done".
It reminds me of Duke Nukem and the time i was waiting for a new game and the game i got eventually ...this makes me always really depressed.

bringer of illumination:

I agree that it really shouldn't bee seen as Sexist first of all she is obviously not human, second she had freaking blades coming out of her arms, she's covered in blood and is surrounded by bodies of civilians. from that I got the impression she murdered them and this was the police response the whole "big burly men trying to penetrate scantily clad girl on her knees" is bullshit and if that's what you see you're missing the forest for the trees and you're thinking the tree is a penis and not a tree because it's long and hard, and anything long and hard it a phallic symbol don't you know...

also PLEEEEEESE DON"T BE PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!! the last 3 original IPs I wanted to play are all exclusives wtf man

Amaror:

Don Reba:

I just noticed now that the woman was wearing no pants and the her dress is too short to cover up the area. That is a little bit sexist.

Please be kidding
It's just as bad to coddle women by refusing to cast them in a sexual light ever at all even a little bit as it is to portray them as sexual objects in a serious non-criticizing manner.

As to the trailer,
I love cyberpunk, but what is this game going to be about? The trailer sure doesn't tell me, I'd love to play a good cyberpunk game but I'll hold off on making judgements until I know how it plays,.... or what it looks like... or what it's about.

Ulixes Dimon:
As to the trailer,
I love cyberpunk, but what is this game going to be about? The trailer sure doesn't tell me, I'd love to play a good cyberpunk game but I'll hold off on making judgements until I know how it plays,.... or what it looks like... or what it's about.

If you pause the trailer at the right moment, you will see CD Projekt's acknowledgement that this is only a teaser and a proper trailer is yet to come. Also, Witcher 3.
http://i.imgur.com/uBiyq.png

Does anyone know much about the PnP game upon which 2077 is based? I'd love to know a little about classes, abilities and that kinda stuff.

Don Reba:

Ulixes Dimon:
As to the trailer,

If you pause the trailer at the right moment, you will see CD Projekt's acknowledgement that this is only a teaser and a proper trailer is yet to come. Also, Witcher 3.
http://i.imgur.com/uBiyq.png

It does work fine as a teaser, I want to know what it's about now, still, it could have been awesome with a little narration.

If anyone is looking for the song, it was removed from youtube because of the violent video (also reeealy anti-american). You can find it here but beware: http://namkiagnaurunzi.blog4ever.com/blog/lire-article-458074-2045815-personal_responsibility.html
Edit: Not anti-american but anti-war in general.
As for the trailer, I love CD-Project and I hope this is as good as the Witcher series or better

Lord Draenor:
If anyone is looking for the song, it was removed from youtube because of the violent video (also reeealy anti-american). You can find it here but beware: http://namkiagnaurunzi.blog4ever.com/blog/lire-article-458074-2045815-personal_responsibility.html
Edit: Not anti-american but anti-war in general.
As for the trailer, I love CD-Project and I hope this is as good as the Witcher series or better

The song is on the band's YouTube channel. The official video is a bit weird, but hardly anti-american.

It's the cyberpunk future again.
Anyone else getting a pretty strong Deus Ex vibe? Yes? Good.
Also: coming when it's ready. Classy.

TheDrunkNinja:

THANK you. For the love of god, our industry needs more of this mentality when it comes to the release of new games.

They will have my money, when it's ready.

Meatspinner:
This old school CP2020 player has an old school bulge in his CP2020 pants. The MILITECH logo on the gun in particular were very hard on them.

Same here. I was wondering how closely it was going to be "based" on the game, then I saw the Night City PD MAX-TAC insignia on the guy's uniform. Awesome!

ThatDarnCoyote:

TheDrunkNinja:

THANK you. For the love of god, our industry needs more of this mentality when it comes to the release of new games.

They will have my money, when it's ready.

Meatspinner:

Same here. I was wondering how closely it was going to be "based" on the game, then I saw the Night City PD MAX-TAC insignia on the guy's uniform. Awesome!

A game that (Seems to) stick its parent product is unique indeed!

(Glares at Syndicate)

Ulixes Dimon:

Amaror:

Don Reba:

Please be kidding
It's just as bad to coddle women by refusing to cast them in a sexual light ever at all even a little bit as it is to portray them as sexual objects in a serious non-criticizing manner.

About what?
I did just realizd that she was wearing so less clothing, because the trailer doesn't focuss on the clothing, but, when she is in the picture, on her face and mostly on her eyes.
Because of that i kind of understood what the sexist-shouting crowd is up about but it is still not so bad as they make it out to be.
The only thing that's really sexist about this trailer is her clothing. And you can see in the trailer that her clothing is pretty much explained by the setting. It still is a bit sexist, but it's not that bad.

Amaror:
About what?
I did just realizd that she was wearing so less clothing, because the trailer doesn't focuss on the clothing, but, when she is in the picture, on her face and mostly on her eyes.
Because of that i kind of understood what the sexist-shouting crowd is up about but it is still not so bad as they make it out to be.
The only thing that's really sexist about this trailer is her clothing. And you can see in the trailer that her clothing is pretty much explained by the setting. It still is a bit sexist, but it's not that bad.

Define "sexist", and explain why a female looking sexy is sexist. Is the same true for men?

Because from what I can see, given that the setting is one where people get to indulge their vanity to a much higher degree (literally change their bodies, for one), a character that's obsessed with being hot is anything but sexist. Unless you're implying that women don't feel the need to look good.

Hammeroj:

Amaror:
About what?

Define "sexist", and explain why a female looking sexy is sexist. Is the same true for men?

Because from what I can see, given that the setting is one where people get to indulge their vanity to a much higher degree (literally change their bodies, for one), a character that's obsessed with being hot is anything but sexist. Unless you're implying that women don't feel the need to look good.

It's not really sexist, but i meant that i understand how people can thing, that it's sexist, not because the woman is hot and pretty, but because she is hardly wearing clothes. (No Pants for example).
In the end, all the "sexism" from CD Projekt Red was always coming from the setting they worked with, not from the dev team.

Amaror:
It's not really sexist, but i meant that i understand how people can thing, that it's sexist, not because the woman is hot and pretty, but because she is hardly wearing clothes. (No Pants for example).
In the end, all the "sexism" from CD Projekt Red was always coming from the setting they worked with, not from the dev team.

I understand why, too. It's because those people are Don Quichotes.

The thing about these cries of sexism is that they're generally devoid of context and focus on only one side. If the setting of this game is one of hyper-realism, where it's basically only populated with good looking people, and has a focus on vanity and people modifying themselves towards perfection, there is seriously nothing even remotely sexist about a female character dressing in a way that shows off her assets. Not to mention, she's a psycho who just snapped and killed a dozen people out of nowhere, who knows what she was doing beforehand. Point is, I don't think the people crying sexism really have a leg to stand on in terms of a case of the character's skimpy clothes being out of place.

Ok, the sexism argument is completely missing the point.

Of course it's sexist. it's CYBERPUNK! It's SUPPOSED to be sexist! Sex and sexism are a large part of the cyberpunk genre.

Just found some more information, posted on the Nexus sites, a transcript from Reddit which gives some more information on this title, as well as possibly hinting about The Witcher III, as follows:

CD Project Red:
Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo jumbo, so let's begin!

First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (Yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release. It's currently scheduled a way off in 20(14,15,16?) but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever-- OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh--And you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our Dev team, so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools) on a single ambitious project, send us your application right now! careers@cdprojectred.com

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe (misspelled in trailer, heh) that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm.. we'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about - on the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!
We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it? :)
CD Project Red Team

Poor CD Projekt Red you make 1 game where you collect cards by sleeping with women and everyone thinks you're the creators of leisure suit Larry. I'm honestly not sure if this is going to move the medium forward. Everyone being hypersensitive about how women are portrayed.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here