Trailers: DmC: Devil May Cry - PS3 Launch Trailer

DmC: Devil May Cry - PS3 Launch Trailer

From this trailer one could assume that Dante dubsteps his way through demons.

Watch Video

Reviews are in. They're good.

SUCK IT, HATERS. Seriously, the haters shouldn't have judged for no reason.

I...

Fucking...

Hate...

That...

Stupid...

Hat...

Douchiness controls everything.

Other than that, I might pick this up.

It doesn't look awful.

But I still have my opinions on restarts. It's like the studio said "The previous game/book/film was shit. Here have something which isn't shit." It just makes it annoying to keep track of. They could have easily used the 'parallel' world trap card and those the dedicated fanbies can be happy and everyone else can have quiet.

Though there is a sense of obnoxiousness from the trailers. Perhaps its the voice acting lines from Dante that have been chosen for the trailer.

GenGenners:

The people who hate it have reasons beyond the gameplay. In fact almost every reason the people who hate this game has nothing to do with the actual functionality of the game. Please remove your head from whatever hole you've crammed it in to and actually look at why people are bothered instead of just dismissing it as "haters gonna hate."

Sylveria:

GenGenners:

The people who hate it have reasons beyond the gameplay. In fact almost every reason the people who hate this game has nothing to do with the actual functionality of the game. Please remove your head from whatever hole you've crammed it in to and actually look at why people are bothered instead of just dismissing it as "haters gonna hate."

Maybe you haven't seen all the complaints then. For every 1 constructive argument on the web, there have been 3 stereotypical 'hater' types. I was sick of seeing them. Let me bathe in this one moment of glory against trolls.

I still don't even agree with the actual constructive criticisms though, as most of them seem like nit-picking, people TRYING to look for an excuse to rip on it.

The game actually isn't bad (Speaking as someone who doesn't like it). It's playable and the combos are fun and easy to pull off, but I just don't like the games style.
I think the monsters aren't so much grotesque as ugly (there's a difference). The levels, the characters, they're all just really really ugly. I think that it was actually an intentional design choice, for which they should be congratulated, but compared to the aesthetic designs of the previous game, DmC just goes for unappealing. It's not just the characters that got a redesign, it's the whole game.
But I'll admit, it's much better than people would have you believe. It definitely didn't "ruin the franchise", but I think a lot of people are going to be turned off by its new direction; which is to name Dante the stereotypical "Chosen one" and have him kill things. Especially where before Dante wasn't special, he was just a half-demon who wanted to kill demons for revenge. It seems like a different game entirely, kind of like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories was to Silent Hill 1, but a much better game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here