Name That Toon!

So close 9/10. :(
I missed the one with the 8bit helmet wearin looking boy.

Impluse_101:

Lucked out on that one. I was thinking Commander Keen...but Billy Blaze seemed right.

I still remembered that Commander Keen's name was Billy, although I can't remember ever having heard his last name. I got everybody except this Sora fellow on the first try. While I haven't played a lot of the games with those (especially more recent) characters, it's kind of impossible to be on the internet and not hear about them through trivia, memes etc..

EDIT: Oh, fuck yeah, a Commander Keen badge! So equipping this right away...
Weird, look at the effect this little quiz is having: I immediately feel the urge to dig up Commander Keen 4-6 (and Keen Dreams, yeah) and replay them now.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Name That Toon!.
Take this quiz

Even though I recognized everyone off the bat and didn't even have to hesitate much... because of how I like to make sure and be careful I got the quiz done in two minutes thus am in 500th rank >_> lol. All well, am happy how familiar I am with characters and most of them I liked a lot to begin with while they brought back good memories in me.. ah, I miss them.

Happy that Commander Keen is a badge.

10/10 on this one. I'm on a roll since the film frame quiz. Blind luck on a couple of questions though.

Took me two tries to get the 100%. First try I didn't know Dr. Zed and Three Dog.

Saw 3 Dog and remembered how much I hate him for playing the worst music in the wasteland. So glad I killed him.
As for Commander Keen, damn that brought back memories.

Thumbs up for Commander Keen... oh, I remember playing all those games... and reading the scrawls... still took me a moment to remember his name.

Holy shit. 100% in only 47 seconds.

I don't usually bother with the time thing, I just happened to directly know 8 of them. The other two, I simple used process of elimination. Like Billy Blaze. NO idea what that character was, but two of them made no sense and I think "Johnny Blaze" is the Ghostrider.

Eh damn the only one i missed was the JRPG looking fella

Never call them "toons" again.

Impluse_101:

I only got that one right because I saw someone with a badge that said what his name was.

That's not considered cheating, is it?

Again, it's hardly a quiz to name them purely by their picture if you're including a summary about them, too. However brief it may be.

Easiest one yet, though a bit misleading. It isn't about toons, just showing the characters in a style. Commandar Keen for example was shown in his 8bit form. So hard to see how it related to toons.

10/10 and I have only played Commander Keen, Fallout 3 and Q*Bert...oh and I guess half an hour or so of Borderlands that I'll never get back.

People who call video game characters "toons" are worse than people who say "catsup". Both, however, are likely to enjoy heroin and genocide speedballs.

Who knew that Cloud was interchangable with both John Galt and Andrew Ryan.

Anyhow, I got 8/10 for not being sure on a few of them. I knew Billy Blaze though, loved Commander Keen as a kid.

Take this quiz
And I didn't even know where Doctor Zed and three Dog came from! Ha!

Darth_Payn:

And I didn't even know where Doctor Zed and three Dog came from! Ha!

Clearly, we are both in very different demographics :/

Borderlands and Fallout 3, by the way.

Dear Escapist, your quizzes are horrible

Darks63:

really you don't know who cloud strife or Sora is from their looks? You didn't even have to play the games to know who those famous JRPG characters are.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Darks63:

really you don't know who cloud strife or Sora is from their looks? You didn't even have to play the games to know who those famous JRPG characters are.

I knew cloud but i stopped playing FF after X so he's not familiar to me.

Take this quiz

way to easy...

Man I really struggled remembering Commander Keen's real name. Got it right in the end through process of elimination.

80%
I can conclude that I got "Commander Keen" and "Three Dog" wrong.
And they are NEVER Toons, they're not on the same level as Roger Rabbit.
It always confused me that you always play as Link in the Zelda games.

10/10 in 58 seconds. Places past 1100.
Well, I was surprised to do so well yet so poorly.

Xan Krieger:
Saw 3 Dog and remembered how much I hate him for playing the worst music in the wasteland. So glad I killed him.
As for Commander Keen, damn that brought back memories.

"Watch your mouth son! This 'stuff' is your history! It should remind you grunts what we're fighting to protect!"

nice thread you have posted i have seen that and i really like that its really very nice.
Carol Stream Locksmith

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here