Miracle of Sound: His Father's Son (Assassin's Creed III)

Pages PREV 1 2

Awesome mix of a sea shanty and native american chanting.

Superb!

You managed to salvage the one great part of this messy game and turn it into a thing of beauty (thant will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day!)

i really like the way the marching drums and the tribal drums go together, it sound really bad ass.

Wow Gavin, I think this might be your greatest song yet. The amount of detail that's gone into the arrangement of this is outstanding, and you've managed to put a load of different styles into a mixing pot and not come out with a mess, but an enjoyable and musical hybrid. Yeah, I really liked this one.

"Musket guns and silver slivers..." MoS: Like a Marksman with a Microphone.
Loved Blood of the Creed, very apt for the game.
Loved this, too; completely different to Blood of the Creed, but equally appropriate for ACIII.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy this song.

This sounded both NAtive American and Civil War Drum music like. A wonderful mix my good sir.

If you think this song is awesome on the website then you should hear it in FLAC format from bandcamp (You have to pay $1 or more to download from http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/track/his-fathers-son ). If you can't play it then download and install VLC media player.

The reason the file is so big is that because unlike the video version, this audio format uses what is known as lossless compression which only removes sound beyond what the best of ears can hear (the compression used in the video removes most of the lower and higher frequencies that we can hear).EVERYTHING that can possibly be heard that was recorded is there! (You need a decent set of speakers (2.1 or better) or headphones to hear it properly but that's a whole other can of worms)

5-0:
Wow Gavin, I think this might be your greatest song yet. The amount of detail that's gone into the arrangement of this is outstanding, and you've managed to put a load of different styles into a mixing pot and not come out with a mess, but an enjoyable and musical hybrid. Yeah, I really liked this one.

Thank you :) I'm very happy with the response to this one!

doggie015:
If you think this song is awesome on the website then you should hear it in FLAC format from bandcamp (You have to pay $1 or more to download from http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/track/his-fathers-son ). If you can't play it then download and install VLC media player.

The reason the file is so big is that because unlike the video version, this audio format uses what is known as lossless compression which only removes sound beyond what the best of ears can hear (the compression used in the video removes most of the lower and higher frequencies that we can hear).EVERYTHING that can possibly be heard that was recorded is there! (You need a decent set of speakers (2.1 or better) or headphones to hear it properly but that's a whole other can of worms)

One of the reasons I love Bandcamp, they offer music in much better quality than most places online. I'm quite neurotic about this kind of stuff, just ask Susan haha :D

Jungy 365:
Have to say Gav, you've really created something special here. I am so glad that of all the things you could make a song about this game, you made it about my favourite part: the relationship between Connor and Haytham. Not only that, but the song captured the feel of Connor's background perfectly, from the Indian chanting, the revolutionary war marching drums/ pipes, the British sailor feel with the rhythm and bagpipes, it all just melded together beautifully.

The reprisal of the Blood of the Creed section was great too, as it showed that, despite the conflict Connor feels earlier on in the song between his father's culture, his mother's culture, and the Revolutionary American Army, that his ultimate allegiances lie with the assassins, and that is what prevails at the end of the song.

Well done Gav, this was a hell of a great song.

I cannot tell you how glad it makes me when people have such a great grasp on the songs and how much work goes into the structures & why everything is where it is :)

MiracleOfSound:
...One of the reasons I love Bandcamp, they offer music in much better quality than most places online. I'm quite neurotic about this kind of stuff, just ask Susan haha :D

I myself quite enjoy that they also provide the music in ALAC format so I can enjoy songs with lossless compression on my iPod. With a decent sound system you can easily notice the difference between MP3 and FLAC/ALAC

Love it. Heh, might be my new favorite. Which surprises me since this game is a bit "eh" for me. I do like it, buuuut it just has so many small problems that keep adding up and pissing me off. Insta-fail missions being the primary thing, quite a few bugs being the other...

But still, this song is fantastic and easily one of my favorites now, well done. Glad you're making music again :)

Irridium:
Love it. Heh, might be my new favorite. Which surprises me since this game is a bit "eh" for me. I do like it, buuuut it just has so many small problems that keep adding up and pissing me off. Insta-fail missions being the primary thing, quite a few bugs being the other...

But still, this song is fantastic and easily one of my favorites now, well done. Glad you're making music again :)

Cheers Riddy! I also was not a fan of the instant fail missions. I never am. I am glad the story was enough to get a good song out of though :) (Even if Ubisoft are once again snubbing me for whatever reason)

Somewhat off topic, but I just don't know where to post it.

I love your City of Night song! In fact I started loving it after first 10 seconds. hope that CDPR will love it too. I'm crossing my fingers for you, Gav. For those who has not yet heard it here's a link:

https://soundcloud.com/miracleofsound/city-of-night-mix-24-master

purifico:

I love your City of Night song! In fact I started loving it after first 10 seconds. hope that CDPR will love it too. I'm crossing my fingers for you, Gav. For those who has not yet heard it here's a link:

Thank you! I've been Tweeting it at them so fingers crossed :)

MiracleOfSound:

purifico:

Off-topic: By the FSM Gavin, you're a genius. You're officially on my top 10 list of favourite artists ever (I just had to say that...).

Also off topic but have you heard of Adam WarRock. I know Hip-Hop/Rap music isn't exactly your thing, but I'm curious if you know each other at all, both being stupendous artists who make music about Nerd Stuff on the Internetz. [Also a MiracleOfSound/Adam WarRock crossover mashup would be amazingly awesome that the universe would implode (not saying that you should do this), just curious.]

OT: So where can I acquire this song? City of Night that is. It's amazing.

vortalism:

MiracleOfSound:

purifico:

Off-topic: By the FSM Gavin, you're a genius. You're officially on my top 10 list of favourite artists ever (I just had to say that...).

Also off topic but have you heard of Adam WarRock. I know Hip-Hop/Rap music isn't exactly your thing, but I'm curious if you know each other at all, both being stupendous artists who make music about Nerd Stuff on the Internetz. [Also a MiracleOfSound/Adam WarRock crossover mashup would be amazingly awesome that the universe would implode (not saying that you should do this), just curious.]

OT: So where can I acquire this song? City of Night that is. It's amazing.

I'm waiting on some artwork, it should be released within 12 days :)

Love this song, despite not getting very far with AC3 so I'll assume it goes very well with the game! I haven't played an AC game since 1 (which I didn't like) and really want to get into it but I've been bored playing the first couple of hours. Does it get better if I stick with it?

I finally figured out why most of these video/songs are kinda "meh" to me. You sing in the same monotone through the entire thing. Not a single low or high note in the whole song. So, while technically good, I'm left emotionally indifferent.

Telperion:
I finally figured out why most of these video/songs are kinda "meh" to me. You sing in the same monotone through the entire thing. Not a single low or high note in the whole song. So, while technically good, I'm left emotionally indifferent.

Huh? Dude there's like pitch variation in first 3 seconds with the indian chanting.

Do you expect him to turn into a soprano half way through?

Beautiful mixture of musical styles in ways I thought impossible

Great work as always

Sweet!

I especially liked the Native American chant stuff. Then following it up with a pirate shanty tune? Crazy awesome.

Akalabeth:

Huh? Dude there's like pitch variation in first 3 seconds with the indian chanting.

Ha, ha, ha...very funny. Listening to the song again there are two notes he sings. The one high and the one low. So, not a lot of variation. The indian-esque chanting is a gimmick, and not particularly well done. Listen, this is just my personal opinion: I just don't think this guy doing Miracle of Sound is very good. He is way too mechanical to make me want to listen to him more than occasionally. To me he sounds boring. There's no emotion, there are no high or low points. There's just...a little variation between a high and low note, which does not excite me enough to elicit an honest-to-God emotion. And without that his music is meaningless to me.

Telperion:

Akalabeth:

Ha, ha, ha...very funny. Listening to the song again there are two notes he sings. The one high and the one low. So, not a lot of variation. The indian-esque chanting is a gimmick, and not particularly well done. Listen, this is just my personal opinion: I just don't think this guy doing Miracle of Sound is very good. He is way too mechanical to make me want to listen to him more than occasionally. To me he sounds boring. There's no emotion, there are no high or low points. There's just...a little variation between a high and low note, which does not excite me enough to elicit an honest-to-God emotion. And without that his music is meaningless to me.

Hmmn, can't please everyone.
I never get "honest-to-god" emotion listening to songs, not on account of themselves anyway, songs lift my spirits but don't stir me. They only give me emotion when they're associated with something else, like a movie for example, and then it's not the song itself that's creating the emotion it's simply the song bringing past emotions back to the forefront.

I don't love all his songs, but there's a few of them I'll listen to which is more than I can say for most artists.

Akalabeth:

I never get "honest-to-god" emotion listening to songs, not on account of themselves anyway, songs lift my spirits but don't stir me. They only give me emotion when they're associated with something else, like a movie for example, and then it's not the song itself that's creating the emotion it's simply the song bringing past emotions back to the forefront.

And that's where we are different. For example, when I'm frustrated and don't want to go out for a jog, I listen to Eminem. His rap makes me angry, and allows me to experience a full range of aggressive emotions without actually doing anything physical. I have noticed that washing dishes and listening to Eminem is a great combination. I attack those annoying dirty dishes with a vengeance, and the whole thing gets done quicker than I would have otherwise imagined.

And no, you can't please everyone, but these forums are here so people can express their opinions - which I did. And not by ranting or trolling. I merely expressed an opinion.

Telperion:

And no, you can't please everyone, but these forums are here so people can express their opinions - which I did. And not by ranting or trolling. I merely expressed an opinion.

Yup, as is your right. If my initial reply was a little harsh I apologize, I certainly understand you not caring for the songs but your reason for doing so did not seem legitimate from my understanding of the music. That's all.

Telperion:

Well this is an interesting one.

Regarding the Native American (they're not actually called 'indians') chanting - a lot of research went into making sure it was authentic and not a gimmick. It's a Mohawk chant named 'Rabbit Dance' and is, in my opinion, fitting in a song about a Mohawk warrior with strong ideals about his culture and people.

Regarding the 'two notes'... the lowest note in this song is a low E and the highest is G an octave above. So technically the melody spans across 17 notes.

Regarding you not liking it... that's perfectly fine :)

I know a bunch of people have said this before already, but the chanting part was awesome. Love it!

MiracleOfSound:

Jungy 365:
Have to say Gav, you've really created something special here. I am so glad that of all the things you could make a song about this game, you made it about my favourite part: the relationship between Connor and Haytham. Not only that, but the song captured the feel of Connor's background perfectly, from the Indian chanting, the revolutionary war marching drums/ pipes, the British sailor feel with the rhythm and bagpipes, it all just melded together beautifully.

The reprisal of the Blood of the Creed section was great too, as it showed that, despite the conflict Connor feels earlier on in the song between his father's culture, his mother's culture, and the Revolutionary American Army, that his ultimate allegiances lie with the assassins, and that is what prevails at the end of the song.

Well done Gav, this was a hell of a great song.

I cannot tell you how glad it makes me when people have such a great grasp on the songs and how much work goes into the structures & why everything is where it is :)

Yeah Gav, this song was great! The Native American chanting, the sea shanty rhythm, and the military-style drumming all mixed perfectly to capture the sounds of those days, and that call-back to Brothers of the Creed was spot on! Furthermore, I noticed the bond between Haytham and Connor Kenway echoes down to William and Desmond Miles. I'm a little surprised you didn't include clips of them in the present. But otherwise, great job!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here