LoadingReadyRun: Junk in the Trunk

Pages PREV 1 2

Was the inside of the car part green screened? Great stinger though.
Anyways, if I were the goons, I would've also put tape over his mouth in case he screamed or something.

That was awesome, but I'm also surprised that Paul didn't get duct tape over his mouth at the first or second stop.

Also great work on the editing, I really thought you were going to kill that old Merc. I assume as it was a long shot, it wasn't as close to the water as it looked, and that you had someone inside to hit the brakes?

Apparently it's the Russian mafia since there's Russian music playing at around 3:20 :P

JSW:

necromanzer52:
I'm guessing Paul was actually in the back seat. That's why they had it covered up. And at the end they just had someone hiding in the car drive it close to the water.

Great video as always guys.

I'm guessing that they just recorded Paul's dialogue separately after they got the footage of the drivers. There's no need for him to be there at all (except in the stinger, of course.)

I also think this is why there's no ambiance as far as driving sounds go - no sound of cars, or the engine, etc etc.

Can't the car roll into the water a leeetle? Isn't that one of those boat docking places, where it's a little shallow so you can drive your boat trailer down and stuff?

Instant classic. Great job, guys.

Using that new lens are we?
Glad we have loading time these day because this is one of those times you just want to see behind the scenes.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Loading Time for this video.

praetor_alpha:

There is TONS of ambient driving noise.

DVS BSTrD:
How's THAT for a moisturizer Paul?

I don't know. The last time I was locked in the trunk of a car and pushed into the bay, I was all chafed for weeks.

Wow... that's just a perfect ending, how is that character still alive...

leviadragon99:
Wow... that's just a perfect ending, how is that character still alive...

Probably because they let the car down a ramp for boats. Might only be a meter or so of water at the end depending in the tide. As he said, those guys weren't very good goons.

Dooly95:
I also think this is why there's no ambiance as far as driving sounds go - no sound of cars, or the engine, etc etc.

Listen again, there's actually constant sound... it was all recorded live in the car.
It's a diesel, if that helps you at all.

Zachary Amaranth:

DVS BSTrD:
How's THAT for a moisturizer Paul?

I don't know. The last time I was locked in the trunk of a car and pushed into the bay, I was all chafed for weeks.

It was a Smart Car, wasn't it?

ON TOPIC:
Now, those grunts from Paul when Cam and Beej were punching him... Those grunts should not have been muffled like everything else Paul said...

(*trunk opens; gets punched repeatedly*)

....Ow....

Graham_LRR:

Dooly95:

Listen again, there's actually constant sound... it was all recorded live in the car.
It's a diesel, if that helps you at all.

All done live in the car? Did Paul add his voiceover later, or was he in the trunk the whole time? If so, props for method acting!

IS it weird I can tell exactly what mounts you used for the GoPro on the windscreen? Awesome video, by the way. Really funny.

Paul's dialogue was dubbed over, but he was also talking in the car so Cam and Beej could react.

Mydnyght:
ON TOPIC:
Now, those grunts from Paul when Cam and Beej were punching him... Those grunts should not have been muffled like everything else Paul said...

(*trunk opens; gets punched repeatedly*)

....Ow....

They were actually a little less muffled. The trunk may have been open, but the "viewer" was still inside the car with the doors closed.

DasDestroyer:
Apparently it's the Russian mafia since there's Russian music playing at around 3:20 :P

I assumed it was the Canadian mafia since they put on their seatbelts. So law-abiding!

James Bowe:
I'm looking forward to the Loading Time for this episode. So many new technical tricks!

I was just about to ask about that, actually!
I hope we get to see how you guys did the nice slow car roll, at the very least :P

And fair play to Cameron and Beej for remaining suitably po-faced during the long continuous shot- Tarantino would be proud!

I hope Paul's character and the goons become recurring characters.

hpriamson:

DasDestroyer:

I assumed it was the Canadian mafia since they put on their seatbelts. So law-abiding!

Well then there's only one explanation: Canadian mafia full of Russian immigrants!

Lady Kathleen:

praetor_alpha:

There is TONS of ambient driving noise.

It wasn't bad. I kind of expect it to be there in an in-motion car. My almost deaf friend even enjoyed it.

Damn it, I thought it was named Jonny in the trunk.

Once again, Cam's eyebrows steal the show.

Beej is a fine enough muscle, but it's Cam's debonair flair that really sells this entire routine. Together, they're great face actors/reactors to Paul's dialogue.

Also, the extended silence before the character speaks up again after the first stop? Brilliant.

hpriamson:

DasDestroyer:

Hasn't GTA taught you that there are times when you don't want any undue attention to what's in the trunk? =)

somonels:
Damn it, I thought it was named Jonny in the trunk.

Now, that would have been funny.

Darth_Payn:
Paul is the most polite captive ever! You just don't see that kind of courtesy in mob movies. Or real life, anymore.

And his mobsters were rather receptive to him. Nice to see a good connection between people nowadays.

So... uhh... how did the LRR crew stop the car from actually going in the water?

Its a bathing trunk!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or