Trailers: Dead or Alive 5 - Zack Island DLC Trailer

Dead or Alive 5 - Zack Island DLC Trailer

Now you have one more beautiful landscape to ignore while staring at the pretty ladies.

Watch Video

Interesting, haven't picked up DoA5 yet despite being a bit of a fan of the series. Truthfully I was a bit more excited when I saw this than I probably should have been.

For those who are ignorant of the series mythology (as far as it goes) Zack Island is the setting of the "Volleyball" games, under the loose justification that Zack winds up owning a private island, invites the ladies he knows from the tournament there, and hilarity ensues. Typically it gets destroyed in what passes for the finale of the game.

The Extreme Volleyball games were lacking to say the least, but I've always felt that it might work better if instead of making an entire game out of this, they took that set of mini-games and tacked them onto one of the fighting games to create a more padded out package, much like how many other fighting games used to have side modes like Tekken Bowling, Chronicles Of The Sword, Mortal Kombat Kart Racing, Tekken Force, and other things there aside from the core Arcade and Multiplayer experience. I was thinking for a minute they might have followed through on the idea, albiet as a cash grab.

One thing some people might laugh at is that having actually played the DoA Volleyball series, as opposed to just sitting back and insulting it as part of some politically correct statement, is that it's actually not bad as far as a mini-game collection goes. Of course mini-games are by definition kind of lacking. You take the whole package from "Paradise" which includes the Volleyball, and much-shown "butt battles" on the pool, but also a Jet Ski racing simulator and what I can only describe as a PG-13 rated lesbian dating sim at the core where the point of playing the games is to achieve affection from one of the girls (while playing another one of the girls) and getting her to accept and wear your outfits so they appear in her wardrobe.... which is ummm, well, is what it is... yeah... but the point here is that what is kind of sad as a stand alone product might be better as a sideline to a bigger and better game. Also when I rate the mini-games as being not bad, I'll point out that what many people rarely mention is that the differant girls actually have stats and play differantly in the various mini-games, none of which are especially hard to simply win, but when your cruising for tons of affection points (a goal is a goal) you'll find that playing as a character that fits your play style actually helps dish out the epic pwnage you need, speed, power, balance, etc... are all represented in the game and if you pay attention you can actually see how they function in some of the events.

I noticed in the trailer the only characters shown to win were the female characters. Think it might be an excuse to show victory photography of femflesh?

scw55:
I noticed in the trailer the only characters shown to win were the female characters. Think it might be an excuse to show victory photography of femflesh?

Isn't femflesh the whole raison d'etre of this series anyway?

NinjaSniperAssassin:

scw55:

Isn't femflesh the whole raison d'etre of this series anyway?

Oh Dead and Alive series. You're so cute with your itemisation of women. Giggle.

The breasts in this game are completely ludicrous. Umm, that's really all I had to say about this. Not sure why anyone buys this series anymore.

wonder when they're just gonna sack up and have realistic water on outfit effects and dump all the female characters in white cotton shirts, cause they might as well at this point

You know... normally I feel sorry for the women with their horrendously impractical outfits for combat.

But that guy with the flippers really takes the throne. Have you ever tried to walk with those things on? Let alone kick something? Especially whilst standing in shallow water? God... that poor guy...

Hagi:
You know... normally I feel sorry for the women with their horrendously impractical outfits for combat.

But that guy with the flippers really takes the throne. Have you ever tried to walk with those things on? Let alone kick something? Especially whilst standing in shallow water? God... that poor guy...

you don't know the power of Bayman's mighty foot

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here