Zero Punctuation: Anarchy Reigns

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Anarchy Reigns

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Anarchy Reigns.

Watch Video

Holy crap! Madworld made enough sales to warrant a "sort of" sequel?

Where do developers get these kinds of ideas? It's not a sequel if you change everything except for the main character's name.

Also, it's "Steve Blum (prounounced Bloom) not blum (like glum)

You know, if Steve Blum recorded a GPS voice in character as Grayson Hunt, I'd probably buy it.

I wasn't planing to get this, and now I still don't. Thank you mr Yahtzee.

And don't worry, you Australians are not the only one with piss poor connection to US based servers. We Norwegians get it pretty hard on occasion as well.

DataSnake:
You know, if Steve Blum recorded a GPS voice in character as Grayson Hunt, I'd probably buy it.

Hell I'd buy a CD of Steve Blum's "Sounds of Being Sick". He's like Morgan Freeman or Liam Neeson. And his Orochimaru voice is genuinely terrifying. It scared the Japanese sound director when he tried out for Naruto.

OT: Looked boring, sounds boring. Oh well. Another role added to Blum's Guinness record.

i'm starting to think that Steven needs to go back to his Spike Spiegel archetype

"Dead Kids" topic for next Extra Punctuation? Maybe.

Heh, liked the final text joke, even if it took me a second to get it.

Steve Blum should record a GPS voice as Killer Croc from Batman: Arkham Asylum.

The game is only $30 so if you like spectacle fighters and normal fighters I'd suggest buying it. Jack's story is arse though.

The game is balls fun once you learn the ins and outs, and multiplayer is a riot if you get it going. I didn't expect Yahtzee to think highly of this game when he didn't even have the ability to try split-screen like in Twisted Metal, but the review was funny nonetheless.

For the budget price I say it's a fun title and it's a well-made game but it's not for everyone. It's a shame it went under the radar so badly thanks to Sega's inept marketing and pointless delay, an online community would have made this a game for the ages considering how much thought has gone into the stages, events and modes.

How about Steven Blum as a SINGING ZOMBIE for your GPS? Kinda like this:

So did you ever buy a drink?
From the way Yahtzee discribes him, this Leo character sounds like a real...

*puts on sunglass*

..."snake" eater

I suppose they couldn't have picked a better title for what this is, by Yahtzee's definition.

"WE'RE ALL HITTING EACH OTHER AND WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY AND ITS ALL BLAND BUSINESS AS USUAL."
Huh. So, "Anarchy Reigns," I guess?

A bland console punch-em' up is a whole other world from me, though, seeing how I derive most of my enjoyment from obscure indy PC gaming these days.

Well, I suppose there's always obscure F2P Korean online fighting games, like Dungeon Fighter and Rumble Fighters.

No mention of the OST or Bayonetta? Those 2 aspects were the best parts of the game IMO.

I am grateful for this review, if only as a reminder of how much I enjoyed Mad World to begin with.

Anarchy Reigns: It's like Madworld, just minus all the stuff we cared about in Madworld...

This is as many laughs as I've gotten out of a ZP in a while. Good show.

Not much of a stake in Anarchy, though- a game on a console I don't have in a genre I rarely play that happens to feature two characters from games I also haven't played (got to get around to Mad World one of these days, I think I have it buried somewhere...)

Jeez, Mr.Blum, talk about type cast. Has he ever played a feminine character?
Oh yeah... who the hell thaught that was a good idea?

It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy the multiplayer, because its fun and chaotic and blah, it's where the gameplay can shine with the sludge that is the story mode.
While it doesn't necessarily feel original, there's nothing else like it is there?

I'm surprised you didn't mention the mission where you get to control a Berserker, and any of the other few story missions that were actually fun, and stuck to commenting on the single race mission, which wasn't very good. On hard, the game is challenging and really did force me to learn how to play the game... particularly on one mission where you have to kill 5 of the Gargoyle character by yourself.

Smogger:
No mention of the OST or Bayonetta? Those 2 aspects were the best parts of the game IMO.

I think the last time Yahtzee mentioned the music in a game was the main menu music for Dragons Dogma, and only for how he felt embarassed by it.

And barring shout outs, the game itself contains no reference to Bayonetta.

I have to imagine that Yahtzee et. all are looking forward for the "Dead Zone" of release dates to pass so that there are better games to play. I know I am: it's so dead right now. Here's hoping The Cave will tide me over until Bioshock. =D

So.. Revise Physics for my exam tomorrow, or watch ZP? That was an obvious choice.

Nolan North vs Steve Blum who would win fight???

No mention of black pimp character who says "motherfucker" every 5 seconds and also this game is 30 dollars.

gigastar:

Smogger:

I think the last time Yahtzee mentioned the music in a game was the main menu music for Dragons Dogma, and only for how he felt embarassed by it.

And barring shout outs, the game itself contains no reference to Bayonetta.

Apparently, she does actually appear in it as a DLC character. Which of course means Yahtzee won't have noticed her, and I can't exactly blame him.

I can't believe it's not syphylis!

...that is all.

Cant wait for yahtzee's review of The Cave

That clam joke, damn. Well played sir, well played.

What'd you expect from a 3D version of an obsolete genre? Remember final fight and street of rage? remember how fun it was? Play it now and see how boring it is.

That's what AR is, a game build around game mechanics which was once fun because people were still enjoying the novelty of controlling pixels on screen. I thought beat'em ups already evolved into fun games like batman AA and sleeping dogs, why the fuck does developers still make boring games like anarchy reigns?

Hello! I'm Steve Blum! Welcome to the latest installment of "Steve Blum's VA tutorials" by Steve Blum, inspired by the Steve Blum series.
You might also be interested in: "Steve Blum voices EVERYONE" with the new Morgan Freeman DLC.

Love, Steve Blum. Buy it dicktits!

*poker face*
I have no regrets.

Just would like to point out (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here)

If our options are big tough guys voiced by Steve Blum or skinny cocky guys voiced by Nolan North...

I'm going with Blum every time.

crimson sickle2:
The game is only $30 so if you like spectacle fighters and normal fighters I'd suggest buying it. Jack's story is arse though.

Wasn't expecting much of story. Yahtzee, pretty much nailed why it sucks.

Still, it seems fun for a mad battle royale with friends.

I hadn't laughed this hard at a ZP in weeks. Good one, Yahtzee!

Grahav:

crimson sickle2:

Wasn't expecting much of story. Yahtzee, pretty much nailed why it sucks.

Still, it seems fun for a mad battle royale with friends.

Yahtzee is pretty good at that.

sorry, but what is the Imp doing to Yahtzee's crotch at the end?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here