Trailers: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Versus Trailer

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Versus Trailer

Most of the combatants were friends at one point but apparently something has changed everything.

Watch Video

What a terrible voice for the joker.

Also, good thing the DC heroes are finally kinda used right in a game.
Bad thing that it's a fighting game. It doesn't really mesh well with a hefty name like Injustice: Gods Among Us. That implies something way bigger than a free for all. Should have been an action rpg. But not by the mortal kombat folks ofcourse. Still, I'm not against a fighting game.

Now, how about that game for The Avengers?

Superman is Evil in this game!

I'm actually really looking forward to this, its only NRS's second game after the Stellar MK9, High hopes.

I'm still mixed about this game. I think it has alot going for it but, the fighting game part of it is just going to bring it to a bland game at best.

Akratus:

Bad thing that it's a fighting game. It doesn't really mesh well with a hefty name like Injustice: Gods Among Us. That implies something way bigger than a free for all. Should have been an action rpg. But not by the mortal kombat folks ofcourse. Still, I'm not against a fighting game.

Yeah the name makes one to believe that its much bigger game. Instead will get some rushed "choose a character then watch him fight rest through the games levels" (story will be used as little as possible) then credits.

Didnt these people relise how bad DC vs MK was? Superhero games can be bigger that just a verses match.

The Knightly Gamer:
I'm still mixed about this game. I think it has alot going for it but, the fighting game part of it is just going to bring it to a bland game at best.

Akratus:

Yeah the name makes one to believe that its much bigger game. Instead will get some rushed "choose a character then watch him fight rest through the games levels" (story will be used as little as possible) then credits.

Didnt these people relise how bad DC vs MK was? Superhero games can be bigger that just a verses match.

There's a difference between it being a bland game, and a game of a genre that you don't like.

Also, you're criticizing the game for the title? Sorry but I have to call that a new low. I may as well go and Half Life the worst game ever, because I only thought I'd put half the time into it than what I actually did.

And you top it by criticizing the game by comparing it to a different game which was developed by a different company. It's not even like NetherRealm Studios haven't made a decent fighting game already.

I don't mind people saying they're skeptical about a game, or if they don't like a game, but I believe that people should at least give reasoning that amounts to more than just "I think it looks bad"

A Smooth Criminal:

The Knightly Gamer:

Akratus:

There's a difference between it being a bland game, and a game of a genre that you don't like.

Also, you're criticizing the game for the title? Sorry but I have to call that a new low. I may as well go and Half Life the worst game ever, because I only thought I'd put half the time into it than what I actually did.

And you top it by criticizing the game by comparing it to a different game which was developed by a different company. It's not even like NetherRealm Studios haven't made a decent fighting game already.

I don't mind people saying they're skeptical about a game, or if they don't like a game, but I believe that people should at least give reasoning that amounts to more than just "I think it looks bad"

I might have been quick with my response. Im fine with Fighing games. My comment on the title was more along the of the title doesnt make me think of a fighting game. The title makes it sound like a whole different type of game to me at least.

As for the the DC vs MK statement Ill stand by it. I was saying we have already have "this" game with DC vs MK and it wasnt all that great (i played it). So I dont think there was a real "demand" for this game but hey if they can make it work and have it be good ill be in line first thing to pick it up.

Also I never said the game "looked" bad. I was more on the lines of they could have done something more. The art of the game looks great to me (I like what they did with Flash and Wonder Woman). I think the look of the characters is well done but, thats only part of what makes up a game. I just think this game will not live up to its characters but, hey I do hope I am wrong.

double post sorry

I am really looking forward to this game. I honestly cannot wait to play this. It's a combination of my love of comics and my love of fighting games. Also, I agree with the earlier comments, Mark Hamill's iconic joker voice will never be replaced, nothing even approaches it.

Soxafloppin:

I'm actually really looking forward to this, its only NRS's second game after the Stellar MK9, High hopes.

If it's Red Son Superman, he's not really evil. Just... overstepping his boundaries, I guess would be the term.

Vausch:

Soxafloppin:

If it's Red Son Superman, he's not really evil. Just... overstepping his boundaries, I guess would be the term.

Its an original story, very little is known about it but the pre launch comics show a story about Lois Lane being killed and this pushing Superman over the edge, he begins taking the lives of criminals and appoints him self in some position of power, putting him at odds with most of the heros.

So yea, your right not exactly Evil, Tyrannical maybe?

Soxafloppin:

Vausch:

Soxafloppin:

Its an original story, very little is known about it but the pre launch comics show a story about Lois Lane being killed and this pushing Superman over the edge, he begins taking the lives of criminals and appoints him self in some position of power, putting him at odds with most of the heros.

So, not really 'original'.

It's like a smashup of 'Kingdom Come' and 'The Justice Lords'.
:P

Tanis:

Soxafloppin:

Vausch:

we only know the premise (this takes place before the game starts) we don't know what way the Story will go, expect heavy influence from multiple Story Arcs though..

Other wise known as 'we're sorry about MK v DC'

Akratus:

Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? The voice actor is the guy who does Bender in Futurama. At first you hate it, but give it 10 minutes and you won't. I imagine it'll be the same for this.

MrGalactus:

Akratus:

Have you seen Batman: Under the Red Hood? The voice actor is the guy who does Bender in Futurama. At first you hate it, but give it 10 minutes and you won't. I imagine it'll be the same for this.

Joe DiMaggio is his name. Richard Epcar is voicing him in this game, the same guy that did the joker in "MK vs DC". He's pretty good if you don't judge him with the Hamill tinted glasses

Tanis:

To be fair to the guys behind the game, Alex Ross and the guys behind Justice League weren't being very original either. The "Superman breaks his rule and turns evil!!1! plot is really quite old, and there's only so many ways you can play it.

This is a good clip of the Joker's voice actor. I personally don't care for him, but hey...Mark Hamill couldn't do it forever.

I'm not convinced.

This game features a system that looks fatality based. When I want to pit Batman vs. Superman I'm not looking to kill Superman with Batman or vice versa. When Mortal Kombat works it's when it borrows the best from old 60s and 70s action martial arts movies, and hong kong films. Fatalities fit in that flavor.

The ridiculous finishers in here don't take into account the characters, and feel strapped on to make the game more noticeable.

"Oh, yeah, the game will have Superman punch Batman into space, fly up faster than the momentum of his punch, so he can then punch Batman through a street, through a sewer, and somewhere into the earth's crust. Pretty cool huh?"

I'm just like, no, that isn't pretty cool. These are the super heroes I grew up with, and even with a "unique" and "original" superhero somehow excusing them to do all this, I feel like this is just another game that won't get the flavor right, that is just borrowing from a modern mythos where Wolverine is no longer in touch with nature, and is always the first to suggest stepping over the line and "killing bitches". Rob Leifeld invented(and not without help mind you) a new comic book reality that is stripped of any depth. It's just "Look how ridiculously graphic we can get now!"

Tired of it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here