New Era Twins

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Make new game, slap old name on it. Gee, you sunk my Battleship.

Now I get that this person is sick of reboots , comic book movies ( and games ) , prequels , and last but not least Sequels. I myself have a bad case of sequelitis from the lack of original content from the movie , music , and video game industries. But simply putting all the originals together with their reboot counterparts then saying.

Isn't funny. I agree with the point being made it just isn't a funny or a joke for that matter.

( I'm not going to reply to " Quotes " ).

This comic is missing puppet ALF and CGI ALF sticking their heads out the door and asking "Hey, I see you're busy, we'll come back later".

So where is Erin's fancy rat in all this chaos? Still off being a parent, or did you two simply forget to put him in this time? :P

erttheking:
And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?

Honestly, I vastly prefer new-Laura to old-Laura in terms of visual design. Much more practical, less fanservicey, and a chest that's actually possible in real life without copius amounts of scilicone.

Edit: Saw a few typos. Got them sorted now.

Xcell935:
Best part about this punch-lineless strip is I get to put words into these characters for wacky sitcom shenanigans:

Donte: "@#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU!!!"
Dante: "Calm down kid, so what if people like me more then you, at least you sold some copies of your game... oh wait mine sold more... Burn."
Donte: ".......@#$% you..."
Raiden: "Poor Donte, if it makes you feel any better my game is 60fps... and white hair."
Lara: "Not to mention my character didn't get bad backlash from just the first trailer." "Heres hoping we don't get another Other M... oops too soon, sorry Donte."
Donte: "@#$% You."

Heh thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Also yeah not getting the new dante mainly because I saw the early pictures of donte comparing him with Tameem Antoniades and thought yeah swine wants to do self insert (he thinks that hairstyles cool!?!), ninja theory being completely wrong over what's cool (swearing every other word isn't cool, it's immature) and being assholes to the existing fans.

Raiden I would say definitely got more likeable in MGS4, I still remember the dissapointment with MGS2 when I realised that I didn't get to keep playing Snake.

NinjaDeathSlap:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.

If I had money, I would shower it on you on the pretense that you make that sitcom.

Frostbyte666:

Raiden I would say definitely got more likeable in MGS4, I still remember the dissapointment with MGS2 when I realised that I didn't get to keep playing Snake.

New Raiden won't be canon, afaIk. Also he sounds a LOT like a drug addict at least in the trailers (didn't play it). They are making all these new-old characters more "edgy", as much as I hate that word, because that is what sells, apparently (although DmC didn't sell so well).

Raiden wasn't rebooted. Ever.

If Raiden was rebooted, then Solid Snake becoming Old Snake is a reboot too.

A reboot is a reimagining FROM SCRATCH. So I guess Lara doesn't fully apply to that either, since it's still Lara, only younger?

So we have two characters each with their young version, and one character vs a completely different character that was made from the same concept.

rhodo:
Raiden wasn't rebooted. Ever.

If Raiden was rebooted, then Solid Snake becoming Old Snake is a reboot too.

A reboot is a reimagining FROM SCRATCH. So I guess Lara doesn't fully apply to that either, since it's still Lara, only younger?

So we have two characters each with their young version, and one character vs a completely different character that was made from the same concept.

Raiden isn't a reboot.
Laura is, Donte is.
Though I think it's funny that even the newer versions of characters can rag on Donte.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here