No Right Answer: Videogame Franchise that Needs to Die the Most

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Around the point Kyle said "Call of Duty may breed an army of douches who want to do nothing but kill you and then teabag your face..." I really thought Dan's score should have gone up a point.

Did anyone play Sonic Chronicles? As a first attempt it was a little more than decent, i wish there could be a sequel but until the legal issues...

And seriously what's with all the Sonic is needs a mercy killing and stuff Sonic All Star racing was great, Sonic's appearance in SSBB was gloriously broken Generations and Colours had it's best reviews in years. Some of you may not have liked Secret Rings but it was still a good game and for an on rails platformer was well realised.
Sonic has had more hits than misses this gen.

I don't hate CoD but fundamentally they're all the same at least Sonic has some variety. If anything the problem isn't Sonic it's Sega.

Toasty Virus:
I knew Sonic was gonna be one of the options and that it would win before even loading the video.

Happy but also a bit sad to be right...

Please just die old friend :[

I dunno, I thought that Colours and Generations were lots of fun.

However, at this point it's kind of just a faster, inferior Mario. Where Mario has constantly had different themes while maintaining the simple jumping mechanic. Sonic sometimes outright replaces his speed for other things like a Sword or a werewolf form. He also doesn't have much room for other features like Mario does. It's easy to put things into a game that compliment a jumping italian, however it's hard to put things into a game to compliment super fast platforming.

Firefilm:
Videogame Franchise that Needs to Die the Most

Sometimes the only thing keeping a franchise alive is nostalgia.

Watch Video

What....are you serious? Play Sonic Generations,Dan!That is a good Sonic game. Also, I LIKED Sonic Adventure 2 Battle!

Sonic AND Mario. Sonic because the games are inept & Mario because I'm so f**king sick of it & want to drink the misery of its fanboys.

This is the worst episode I've seen thus far. Pretty much every "argument" they make has me yelling at my monitor, "Oh come on! Don't award him a point for such an uninformed opinionated comment!"

If Sonic Colors and Generations have proved anything, it's that people who think Sonic's beyond redemption are absoloute lunatics.

At least he's doing better than goddamn Mario. The last time Mario did anything new and interesting was Mario Sunshine. That's 11 years and no innovation. Say what you will about Unleashed, at least it was putting some effort in.

From the annals of recurrent videogame journalist slow-news-day stock headlines that need to die, comes videogame franchises that need to die.

I;d say COD because it's far more poisonous to the industry.

Neither needs to die the most. Sonic Generations was actually good, so there's hope that he can finally stop sucking if SEGA keeps it up. I know one good game after that massive sea of shit isn't a lot to inspire hope, but still, don't kill him now when he has potential again.

And CoD? Just because other developers are completely devoid of creativity and copy it to try and make money doesn't mean it should die. Tons of people still enjoy it.

So the correct answer is that neither franchise needs to die, and you guys should probably get together with Yahtzee to start collabing with all your stupid "I don't like something so it should die regardless of how many others still enjoy it" works.

Zombie_Moogle:
The sad thing is, there's no reason Sonic had to become the joke he is now

Sonic Colors proves that the Blue Blur can be just as fantastic as ever, but Sonic Generations proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sonic Team doesn't have a clue what makes a good Sonic game anymore.
Every once in a while they put out a game that's fun & full of potential, then they go right back to curb-stomping that renewed faith & hope it gave us for the franchise

(P.S.: I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1, & SA2 had an awesome final boss at least)

You got that backwards. Sonic Colors proves that they have no idea what they were doing, and Sonic Generations proved that he can still be good.

Seriously, I don't know what everyone's deal is with continuing this fake love affair with Colors. It sucked. Generations came out and was actually good, so you can stop pretending that Colors was good now.

SilverBullets000:
I could just be bitter that you said Adventure 2 sucks when it's the only game that made me give a shit about the plot of a Sonic game...

Adventure 2 does suck though. Especially the plot. How could anyone care about that plot? It has more holes that swiss cheese and what is there isn't even remotely interesting.

Rossmallo:
If Sonic Colors and Generations have proved anything, it's that people who think Sonic's beyond redemption are absoloute lunatics.

At least he's doing better than goddamn Mario. The last time Mario did anything new and interesting was Mario Sunshine. That's 11 years and no innovation. Say what you will about Unleashed, at least it was putting some effort in.

Wait, when did Galaxy and the first New Super Mario Bros (back when it actually was new) stop existing?

DragonWright:
Sonic's just not cool anymore. The franchise doesn't have to die, but Sega needs to ring up Ninja Theory. They fix everything.

Agree with this video. I'd RATHER play a Sonic game, but that's a dead horse getting beat over and over again. COD is still making money, whereas Sonic will only survive for so long on nostalgia alone.

I genuinely liked Sonic Adventure 2 as well. I even beat it to 100% completion twice (once on Dreamcast and once on Gamecube). Why? I have no idea but it's strangely addictive to me.

Sonic Generations is the best Sonic Game ever made, go play that. It they make another I'll be there the day it comes out.

P.S. Every Call of Duty game is exactly the same.

Darth Pope:

DragonWright:
Sonic's just not cool anymore. The franchise doesn't have to die, but Sega needs to ring up Ninja Theory. They fix everything.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Firefilm:
Videogame Franchise that Needs to Die the Most

Sometimes the only thing keeping a franchise alive is nostalgia.

Watch Video

You two made a lot of good points... really good points.
Except...
There is actually a right answer for this subject.

It's called both... both series should be slam dunked into a trash can. XD

As much as I don't like the whole Call of Duty stuff (never touched it, never will), you can't deny it makes a lot of money. And what makes a lot of money, won't die easily. Sonic, though a legend in gaming history, isn't making any hard cash and is therefor dying. I enjoyed the Sonic Adventures games, but the epicness of the original classics is long gone. I don't want Sonic to die, but it sadly in this world makes sense that he should...

I liked sonic adventure 2 but it was the last good sonic game

also because they mentioned the truck clearly they played level 1 and in that level sonic is running from a fictional army who then send that giant fucking truck ...

on a side note I actually played sonic generations (so I could laugh at its awfulness) and in that they redid that level and made the truck fly and have buzz-saws so if they are remaking it a third time I hope it has the normal truck and not the flying buzz-saw transformer wanna be that was just utterly stupid

maybe the CoD guys and team sonic should team up and make a game together
because then the magnitude of sucking would become so strong it would collapse on itsself and by the rules of funny be a good game..

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here