Scraping the Bottom

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Scraping the Bottom

A veritable buffet of ideas for new bad movies.

Read Full Article

"Getting kids to wolf down bowl after bowl of corn and/or grain based food product in order to prop up the subsidized behemoth that is the agriculture industry, thus keeping the Midwest from vanishing off the face of the Earth for another few years."

HAHAHAHA it's funny because you have no idea what you're talking about.

In response to suggestion #3: Hell yes I'd watch a movie about Colonel Sanders

I watched a small bit of a a documentary about him and other fast food chain founders and from what I saw he looked pretty interesting.

I get the feeling that this article isn't actually about what movies Hollywood should make next.
captcha: i know nothing!
Well, I guess that solves it, then.

Come on live action Berserk!

I imagine a gritty crime drama starring Ronald McDonald and Grimace as cops who have to rescue Grimace's girlfriend Birdie from the international crimelord, the Hamburgler who leads a gang of fryguys.

Odoylerules360:
Come on live action Berserk!

They'd only end up making the story that's already been told twice in anime (The Golden Age arc). IMO the Retribution arc could work as a standalone film. But it's not like Hollywood is going to start making movies based on ultra-graphic dark fantasy manga.

As for any ideas... I got none. All I'm hoping for is that HBO turns Preacher into a series.

Someone call J.J. Abrams

Sadly, I can believe this all might happen. I hate Hollywood.

I have one idea
Movie based on a books based on a game based on a movie based on a book
Make your guesses people- what I am talking about?
(tip:there isn't movie announced, but it is only "yet"- it might happen anytime)

Praise be to Moon Knight!

bartholen:

As for any ideas... I got none. All I'm hoping for is that HBO turns Preacher into a series.

Nearly happened once, so I'll keep hoping :)

I wouldn't mind seeing some adaptations of comics like Calvin & Hobbes, for example. Hell, I'm sure there are some web comics with followings worth an adaptation or two.

Or maybe some old forgotten cartoons like The Angry Beavers, Pinky & the Brain or Reboot? Gargoyles seems like a damn good fit, too.

VanQQisH:
I wouldn't mind seeing some adaptations of comics like Calvin & Hobbes, for example. Hell, I'm sure there are some web comics with followings worth an adaptation or two.

Somebody never saw the live action Garfield movies. Consider yourself warned.

Ouch MovieBob! I know you're a Coastie Liberal, but can you at least TRY to hide your disdain for those of us in the Fly-over states? Admittedly I live in a state where more than a few of the necks are red, but also there's plenty people who'd agree with your points if you just didn't dismiss entire regions of the country and their denizens out of hand.

They already made a movie based on an internet meme, Safety Not Guaranteed.

They already made a movie about the making of Psycho, so I don't see why they'd stop there. Movie folks love talking about the making of Apocalypse Now, they might as well make a movie about it. Then eventually we can get to a movie about the making of Hitchcock (about the making of Psycho), and the beast will have at last devoured itself.

You know what? A "Rise of the Guardians" style mashup of cereal mascots would be awesome. I'd see it.

Captcha: NO SPOON. But how will I eat my cereal now?

I could get on board with biopics of fast-food tycoons provided that they are genuinely interesting people with interesting stories, but the day Hollywood starts making feature film blockbusters around cereal mascots is the day I stop watching movies. I want to be both an actor and a writer, but if I see that industry that I want to someday immerse myself in become that devoid of creativity, then I'll stop giving them my money until they start doing better.

Crimson_Dragoon:
You know what? A "Rise of the Guardians" style mashup of cereal mascots would be awesome. I'd see it.

Or a mashup up fast food icons. Colonel Sanders, Dave Thomas, Ronald McDonald, the Taco Bell Chihuahua, Chuck E. Cheese. Have Seth MacFarlane direct and you've got comedy gold.

I must say that I'm really suprised in all this discussion that nobody mentioned the long, long, long rumored Food Fight movie that's been in development hell for the last 10-15 years. Turns out they actually already made it even though next to nobody saw it and a better film could be made of the idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodfight!

Dan Moline:
"Getting kids to wolf down bowl after bowl of corn and/or grain based food product in order to prop up the subsidized behemoth that is the agriculture industry, thus keeping the Midwest from vanishing off the face of the Earth for another few years."

I like to think that this person, with their post count of "1" is a cereal conglomerate type person who hastily created an account to try desperately to avert our attention from the truth. Complete with Awkward laughing.

blackrave:
I have one idea
(tip:there isn't movie announced, but it is only "yet"- it might happen anytime)

... Lord of the Rings...?

I mean, a movie about General Tso would probably be really interesting, but probably wouldn't be too food related because Zuo Zongtang had nothing to do with the damn chicken. It's pretty standard greased-up American Chinese food named after a historical figure just to give it a hint of respectability.

As far as the boardgame-to-movie thing goes, Battleship wasn't the first. Clue was in 1985. And it's a pretty damn good movie.

Draconalis:

blackrave:
I have one idea

... Lord of the Rings...?

Nope, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
First there was the book by Strugatsky brothers "Roadside Picnic"
Then there was really good 1979 movie "Stalker" based on it
Then there was a game "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." that took things from both
Now there are books based on that game (non-sense I know)
And there soon might appear movie based on them.

Metro 2033 movie based on the book would be pretty cool to watch.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

VanQQisH:

Around the time the Garfield movies were in theaters, Dilbert's Scott Adams asked his fans to brainstorm the cast of a live action Dilbert movie. They unanimously elected Drew Carey as the title character!

captcha: MOST INTERESTING MAN
"I don't always comment on the Web, but when I do, it's on the Escapist."

There should totally be a movie trailer for a movie about Clippy. No movie, just the trailer. Like they did for Minesweeper, and should have done for Battleship.

"They hated him...they mocked him...they avoided him. Coming this summer: Experience a slice of madness in THE NOID"

Draconalis:

Dan Moline:

I like to think that this person, with their post count of "1" is a cereal conglomerate type person who hastily created an account to try desperately to avert our attention from the truth. Complete with Awkward laughing.

SNIPPED REST

Not to destroy your fantasy, but it's probably "just" his stalker-troll. Yes, he has a personal stalker-troll. Although, the guy's now added Jim Sterling to his trolling list... Sigh, trolls these days; no commitment, no craftsmanship.

VanQQisH:
Hell, I'm sure there are some web comics with followings worth an adaptation or two.

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php. They've beat you to that already.

But really, most of these ideas do sound like cringeworthy trash - and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if one or multiple actually got made.

"No, no, boss, you're not hearing me on this. It's not about whether or not he can has cheeseburger; it's about what's gained on the journey to cheeseburger!"

Hey I really liked Harold and Kumar go to white Castle

I really hope they never make movies out of memes. If they start making them at the height of their popularity than by the time the movie comes out the meme will be so old that people will cringe when it's brought up.

kajinking:
In response to suggestion #3: Hell yes I'd watch a movie about Colonel Sanders

I watched a small bit of a a documentary about him and other fast food chain founders and from what I saw he looked pretty interesting.

I know, have him grow his own food.

whoops, misquote

Robert Hilliker:
Ouch MovieBob! I know you're a Coastie Liberal, but can you at least TRY to hide your disdain for those of us in the Fly-over states? Admittedly I live in a state where more than a few of the necks are red, but also there's plenty people who'd agree with your points if you just didn't dismiss entire regions of the country and their denizens out of hand.

I know, that was a little uncalled for considering the midwest is a little more important than just a cereal creation factory.

A entire movie about Clippy? I thought a cartoon was bad enough... keep your tissues handy.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

VanQQisH:

the difference is the scource material

Garfeild is a barley funny strip that you could literally just make with photoshop and never have to even draw it...it lacks any kind of substance visually or written

Calvin and Hobbs has heart and humour...of coarse somone could fuck it up in the wrong hands (think the Lorax) but in the right hands theres alot to work with

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here