Escape to the Movies: Warm Bodies

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Warm Bodies

Will MovieBob give Warm Bodies a warm reception?

Watch Video

Okay, can someone please explain Entourage? Like 50 Shades of Gray, it's an evidently bad thing that I never really explored and got an opinion for/against it.

Love makes us human

DAWWWWWWW, that's so cute!

Edit: Damn it Bob, and you were doing so well here, until your last stinger. Ah well, bad habits die hard, right?

Avengers count: 2

I've never seen any of Entourage and I'm only vaguely aware of it...I take it that's a good thing?

What the actual hell? I seriously have no idea whether I want to watch this or not. Not sure whether I could make through the sitting if it's parodying Twilight, even if it's just a parody.

Nice Justice League line up. Guy who's movie bombed (though I found it tolerable), girl who's TV show was canceled before the first episode aired, Superman, guy who's movies ended with him basically retiring cause he was presumed dead, and a character no one has cared about since the cartoon got cancelled.

It's gonna be really funny if the first thing the JL movie does is undo what happened in TDKR

Wait...Entourage is getting a movie? The only movie I'll accept from Entourage is a spin-off wherein Adrian Grenier plays the lead role for Aquaman...directed by James Cameron...with James Woods as Black Manta.

Because I'm pretty sure reality would collapse on itself.

I'm glad, I really liked the idea of this film.

Just gotta find someone to drag along with me when it comes out next week :D

Well the brain thing finally makes sense, though how memories can survive digestion is beyond me :P
And I'm sure Man of Steel will at least provide quite a contrast to the Marvel Universe.

Grenge Di Origin:
Okay, can someone please explain Entourage? Like 50 Shades of Gray, it's an evidently bad thing that I never really explored and got an opinion for/against it.

It's like Jersey Shore for Hollywood.

I absolutely refuse to see this movie, no matter how good it is. I'm absolutely sick to death of the supernatural romance bullshit fad. Justice League looks good though. Good to keep the roster small at first. Hope they keep Ryan Reynolds as far from this project as possible.

Toasty Virus:
I'm glad, I really liked the idea of this film.

Just gotta find someone to drag along with me when it comes out next week :D

I'll be doing the exact same!
But in a few months when it finally comes to Australia like most movies. D:

Something makes me think the guys who made this movie played a bit of Dark Souls before working on the lore for thwir world.

Ahhh a shame the movie slightly misses the point of the book. It's not just about love, the book is mostly about what it means to be human. The entire thing is indeed played out as a metaphor but way more extensively than in the movie. The Bonies play an entirely different role than simple animalistic hunters as well.

Apparently the movie focuses on the whole rom-com shtick and I think that's a shame. Next to World War Z, Warm Bodies is the most intelligent zombie novel I've ever read and by the looks of it the movie doesn't do that justice all that well. Though it could've been worse.

Captcha:
om nom nom

Fitting.

I'm quite surprised by this, I thought it was gonna be horrible and be the next Twilight.
Girlfriend wants to see it, so I'm not too fussed that I'm getting dragged to the cinema to see it, I might enjoy it with an open mind.

And dat intro.

Entourage is was a parody show about Hollywood and was apparently quite good. The problem with making a movie is that, well, there isn't much there as I understand it.

Grenge Di Origin:

Entourage is an HBO show about a pre-established Hollywood actor and his entourage (hence the title) essentially living it up and trying to build up the main character's profile.

It was pretty hype as fuck, and it was announced ages ago that there would be a film leading on directly from the last episode. Don't know why Bob is angered or even cares. I honestly think it's a pretty great show, and it got fantastic reviews. It's always cool seeing the cameos that pop up too (I don't think they'll ever beat Scorsese's cameo, unless he's directing the film within the film in the film's plot or something.)

5 out of 6 is not bad for the JL movie but I would love it if they were to add the Manhunter in their. At least their is no Aquaman.

DVS BSTrD:
Well the brain thing finally makes sense, though how memories can survive digestion is beyond me :P
And I'm sure Man of Steel will at least provide quite a contrast to the Marvel Universe.

Grenge Di Origin:

It's like Jersey Shore for Hollywood.

*blinks numbly for a few seconds...."

And Now I get it... And..... WHY?!?

Grenge Di Origin:

Entourage was an HBO show, now in general syndication, about a movie star and his bros (read: hangers-on, and one actual (half) brother), simultaneously living large on his early success and scrambling to find a way to keep him relevant in Hollywood so that the money doesn't dry up. It's supposed to be a pseudo-biographical account of Mark Wahlberg and his bros at the time when his movie career was taking off.

The show's format generally consisted of one or more of them doing some crazy thing, another one saying, dude, what just happened back there?, another one saying, dude, what were you thinking, and then the first guy saying, dude, I'm sorry, dude, and then a celebrity or five make a cameo appearance as themselves, lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm sure some Entourage homer is going to rip me for either being too loose in defining the show, or not "getting it" properly, but whatever. That's what the show was: Seinfeld with Hollywood bros.

Back to this movie, I'm thinking it is a curiously self-aware microcosm of itself. Because my interest in the zombie genre was dead, a hollow shell of its former self, such that the ads engendered no interest in me, until Bob's cautiously positive review stirred a small sliver of caring within me, and slowly began to revive that shriveled part of me, deep inside, that had once desired to see movies like this.

Sparrow:

Grenge Di Origin:

Entourage is an HBO show about a pre-established Hollywood actor and his entourage (hence the title) essentially living it up and trying to build up the main character's profile.

It was pretty hype as fuck, and it was announced ages ago that there would be a film leading on directly from the last episode. Don't know why Bob is angered or even cares. I honestly think it's a pretty great show, and it got fantastic reviews. It's always cool seeing the cameos that pop up too (I don't think they'll ever beat Scorsese's cameo, unless he's directing the film within the film in the film's plot or something.)

I'm with Sparrow, for the most part. I didn't think it was excellent, but it was good enough. And as for "why", Bob, it's because it good good reviews and made a boatload of cash, which is what you want in a movie-making property.

I'm thinking that JL will get more viewers if they use John Stewart (because of the animated show) instead of Hal Jordan. You know, get some diversity in there.

I have no idea what Entourage is, but I laugh at your pain.

So Bob are you just giving a short intro for the Avengers or would their be more of a reason to travel an hour to get down to Cambridge.

As for Warm Bodies it really does seem to be a rom com that can appeal to both genders rather then being a drag your boy friend into the theaters kind of movie.

Mcoffey:
I absolutely refuse to see this movie, no matter how good it is. I'm absolutely sick to death of the supernatural romance bullshit fad. Justice League looks good though. Good to keep the roster small at first. Hope they keep Ryan Reynolds as far from this project as possible.

Wait, what else has done this besides Twilight.

Oh, and here I was expecting a review of the cinematic war crime that is Movie 43. I was kind of hoping to see some genuine "Bob Rage." Oh well.

OT: I was planning on seeing this, it looked kind of cool, and I'm probably going tonight. As for the "Entourage" movie... meh. i enjoyed the show, and I'll probably see the movie when it comes out. Simple as.

erttheking:

Mcoffey:

On movies, not much so far. On TV and cable, there are quite a lot of series dedicated to the genre...

Call me crazy but I don't think MovieBob likes 'Entourage' very much.

drisky:
So Bob are you just giving a short intro for the Avengers or would their be more of a reason to travel an hour to get down to Cambridge.

As for Warm Bodies it really does seem to be a rom com that can appeal to both genders rather then being a drag your boy friend into the theaters kind of movie.

It's good enough to go without a girlfriend as well. I went with a large grouping of mostly single friends because it looked amusing and why the hell not?

hermes200:

erttheking:

Mcoffey:

On movies, not much so far. On TV and cable, there are quite a lot of series dedicated to the genre...

Eh. I just don't get behind the "oh it's been done a lot therefore you need to stop making products like this, I don't care if they're good" mindset. I mean if zombies weren't allowed to be used anymore, we never would've gotten the Tell Tale Walking Dead would we?

erttheking:

hermes200:

erttheking:

Eh. I just don't get behind the "oh it's been done a lot therefore you need to stop making products like this, I don't care if they're good" mindset. I mean if zombies weren't allowed to be used anymore, we never would've gotten the Tell Tale Walking Dead would we?

I am not saying I agree with Mcoffey's mindset, I am just pointing out that the genre has certainly been used a lot since Twilight...

I want THAT Justice League :D Though I must confess Warner Bros is going to have a tough time with Green Lantern, I mean, if they DON'T make a solo movie to erase that first one, non-comic book fans will have only that bad memory to go with the character. Imagine The Avengers if Marvel hadn't "fixed" The Hulk with a new movie to replace that stuff that had been previously released... I'm not sure if simply saying "forget about that movie"will work, know what I mean?

By now, the zombie apocalypse is one of the default setting/genre types of speculative fiction, just like high fantasy, or cyberpunk, or space opera.

The sooner you stop whining about it being a "fad", the sooner we can look at the actual merits of individual films' originality, or lack of it, instead of lamely generalizing that they fit into an existing genre therefore they are unorigial.

I was ready to toss this one aside, but I may just have to see it. After all I'm the type of guy who totally the Tenth Doctor beating the Master by getting everyone in the world to chant "I do believe in faeries, I do, I do".

Though I must point out 2 things:

1) They really should have picked a different poster. I didn't see any trailers, so all I saw in the poster was another Twilight movie.

2) So the bad guys are Feral Ghouls. Seriously. Withered down versions of zombies that move quickly and act on animal instinct. They even looked exactly like them.

Also,

Looking forward to seeing this, but have to convince friends that it's actually kind of tongue in cheek rather than a product of someone who thought swapping out vampires with zombies was a great way to cash in on Twilight.

Sylveria:
Nice Justice League line up. Guy who's movie bombed (though I found it tolerable), girl who's TV show was canceled before the first episode aired, Superman, guy who's movies ended with him basically retiring cause he was presumed dead, and a character no one has cared about since the cartoon got cancelled.

It's gonna be really funny if the first thing the JL movie does is undo what happened in TDKR

Supposedly the Nolan Justice League movies just aren't going to be a part of the Justice League movies so any Batman we get will be a completely new one. Part of me is glad so it'll prevent people from asking later on why Superman didn't just save Gotham from Bane (or even the Joker) since they were crises that drew national attention.

Milanezi:
I want THAT Justice League :D Though I must confess Warner Bros is going to have a tough time with Green Lantern, I mean, if they DON'T make a solo movie to erase that first one, non-comic book fans will have only that bad memory to go with the character. Imagine The Avengers if Marvel hadn't "fixed" The Hulk with a new movie to replace that stuff that had been previously released... I'm not sure if simply saying "forget about that movie"will work, know what I mean?

It's not like the Avengers Hulk and The Incredible Hulk Hulk really had anything to do with one another - nothing really carried over other than the basic premise and a small continuity nod.

I'm thinking they can just do what the Justice League animated series did - you have Superman, and you have Batman, then you introduce the other guys right there at the start of the Justice League. [

When I first saw ads for Warm Bodies, it reminded me of Fido, with an obviously current setting in place if the Stepford-esque one of Fido. Are there further parallels or is this just imagined on my part?

Im not seeing the big deal on entourage getting a movie. ive seen a few episodes, feel indifferent towards it.

I wonder if Green Lantern is going to be like the hulk and get a new actor every movie hes in cause they cant seem to fathom the idea of getting someone consistent.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here