Top 5 Friday: Top 5 Reasons For Star Wars Battlefront 3

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Reasons For Star Wars Battlefront 3

This week Lasercorn discusses the Top 5 Reasons that somebody somewhere should make Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Check out the Facebook campaign here.

Watch Video

All the yes I have.

So...
New content?
Ok then.

I guess I like it, you make some good points but it's kinda a bland video.
It's not all that unique and it feels like I've watched it before.
Just a small bit of constructive critism, hope you guys do well here at the Escapist.

frankly this game seems like a no brainer. Slap the star wars stick on it and its garenteed sales, coupled with the amount of goodwill generated from the last battlefront game.

Hell, they could churn out utter crap and still sell it... Obviously I'd rather they DIDNT but I'm just saying they could.

Genuinely don't get why this hasn't been done. Still, maybe with the new films there will be more focus on making tie in games.

Hmmm new show I wonder how long you will last, well best of luck to you!

Smosh Games? Any relation to those guys who make the awful youtube videos?

I think it's healthiest to just let Battlefront 3 go. Lets just drop it and give up hope forever. It's not happening.
EVER.

Oh, also, why not make it Top Five on Thursday? We already have a Friday thing, Escapist.

Something why a game that's 90% finished needs to happen.

To put it kindly, it was pretty uninteresting. I hope this 'rant' of yours is one time thing.

Best of luck.

#1 YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

#2 More strategy in FPS = What I like.

#3 New content? and not even a heads up? okay...

#4 Top 5 underrated games from the previous generation.

This is why we don't need another Battlefront:
http://www.fsmod.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6zT4xq0jc

A game like that already exists as a mod and it's free.

We don't need EA to ruin the franchise with their terrible DLC milking and microtransactions - they wouldn't hesitate to add them. Let's face it, the game just wouldn't ship with a whole lot of content day 1 and their discraceful "catering to a wider audience / fluffy unicorn of social" would stink from every single bit of the game. Not that Battlefront 1&2 were exceptional games anyway.

On a side note, the Frostbite 2 engine has nothing to do with destruction. Stop buying that PR bull. You can do scripted disappearing walls on any engine. It was in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and that game used the Q3 engine for God's sake. Real destruction, that's actually procedurally generated was in the first Red Faction for example.

I don't even care much about the Battlefront series, but this makes it sound as if a new one could be pretty cool. You've convinced me, Top 5 people.

Is there any reason Battlefront3 isn't done?
Battlefront2 sales was bad? Or content and name got separated (like Battlezone)? Or developers run out of coca magic pixie dust?
Because it seems like no-brainer.

Enjoyed the video.The show has potential. As for SW:B3...sure, I want to play it. But as it has been said before, there are already decent starwars mods out there.

OlasDAlmighty:

yeah, thats what my first thought were. if its those guys i have finally found a escapist content that i full-heartedly hate.

Also: this doesn ot show up in all videos section, fix please. looks like thats fixed.

Edit: watched it, seems its these guys after all :(
and his rant wasnt even interesting. What is escapist runing out os steam yet if they let guys like these come in?

Strazdas:

OlasDAlmighty:

yeah, thats what my first thought were. if its those guys i have finally found a escapist content that i full-heartedly hate.

Also: this doesn not show up in all videos section, fix please. looks like that's fixed.

and his rant wasn't even interesting. What is escapist running out of steam yet if they let guys like these come in?

The escapist is no longer owned by Themis media, was bought out by another media (Koch media Alloy Digital) company, the one that also owns "smosh games". This happened a couple of months ago, and when a thread on the forum asking for info cropped up. This was Susan's response.

Susan Arendt:
Relax, guys. Pretty much the only thing that's going to change around here is the letterhead. Maybe our e-mail addresses. We might *finally* be able to stock something other than that dag nasty Vitamin Water in the break room. God, that stuff is awful.

The vast majority of changes will be under-the-hood/behind-the-scenes style stuff, which doesn't affect your experience at all and is really quite boring. Like how we report our vacation days and a few titles here and there. (Ever wonder why I'm Executive Editor and not Editor in Chief? Now you know.) We will also have a stability and structure that, as an independent publisher, we've never had before, which will help us grow and improve.

The Escapist will not be losing its Escapishness, I promise. If anything, it will achieve even greater Escapiocity.

So really, I would relax, the Escapist is fine. Also can you remember the state of the first Jimquisition? It took a little while before he adapted his content/style away from a destruction audience and towards the escapist one. If not, as long as they don't start to change the whole site to fit a different demographic, (which they won't because it's stupid) I'm not worried.

OT: I can't help but agree, I want a Battlefront 3, but I really want it to have a solid single-player mode. Which in this day and age is asking for that is unrealistic.

DiabloTigerSix:

We don't need EA to ruin the franchise

EA had nothing to do with the making of the first 2 and has no reason to be involved with the making of the third. The games were made by Pandemic Studios and published by Lucas Arts.
Pandemic is no more about being bought in 2007 and dismantled in 2009 by EA, but Battlefront 2 was released in 2005.
Lucas arts is not owned by Disney, who could, in theory give the license to any developer of it's choosing.

Boring, bland and ranty video.

I guess my hopes where skyhigh because of thoughts of genuinely fun Top 5 with Lisa Foiles videos, which you can still see on the Escapist.

Ahhhhh I wished all the escapist videos, especially where personal opinions are concert can be as good as or entertaining as Yahtzee, Movie Bob and Jim Sterling.

Sometimes one doesn't need to list 5 points to get their opinion heard, but one point, one good point and voiced it with conviction and clarity.

MrCollins:

snip

So Themis sold out. sad news.
Its hard to relax knowing that your favorite website has sold out to one of the worst companies out there. sorry, cant do that. First Jimquisition was miles better than ANYTHING smosh guys have ever put out (and yes ive been following thme on youtube) and evne then Jim grew a lot real fast.
Well, thanks for the information. ill go cry some now.

MrCollins:

Strazdas:

OlasDAlmighty:

Also: this doesn not show up in all videos section, fix please. looks like that's fixed.

and his rant wasn't even interesting. What is escapist running out of steam yet if they let guys like these come in?

The escapist is no longer owned by Themis media, was bought out by another media (Koch media) company, the one that also owns "smosh games". This happened a couple of months ago, and when a thread on the forum asking for info cropped up. This was Susan's response.

Susan Arendt:
Relax, guys. Pretty much the only thing that's going to change around here is the letterhead. Maybe our e-mail addresses. We might *finally* be able to stock something other than that dag nasty Vitamin Water in the break room. God, that stuff is awful.

The vast majority of changes will be under-the-hood/behind-the-scenes style stuff, which doesn't affect your experience at all and is really quite boring. Like how we report our vacation days and a few titles here and there. (Ever wonder why I'm Executive Editor and not Editor in Chief? Now you know.) We will also have a stability and structure that, as an independent publisher, we've never had before, which will help us grow and improve.

The Escapist will not be losing its Escapishness, I promise. If anything, it will achieve even greater Escapiocity.

So really, I would relax, the Escapist is fine. Also can you remember the state of the first Jimquisition? It took a little while before he adapted his content/style away from a destruction audience and towards the escapist one. If not, as long as they don't start to change the whole site to fit a different demographic, (which they won't because it's stupid) I'm not worried.

OT: I can't help but agree, I want a Battlefront 3, but I really want it to have a solid single-player mode. Which in this day and age is asking for that is unrealistic.

DiabloTigerSix:

We don't need EA to ruin the franchise

EA had nothing to do with the making of the first 2 and has no reason to be involved with the making of the third. The games were made by Pandemic Studios and published by Lucas Arts.
Pandemic is no more about being bought in 2007 and dismantled in 2009 by EA, but Battlefront 2 was released in 2005.
Lucas arts is not owned by Disney, who could, in theory give the license to any developer of it's choosing.

I think you have mixed up Koch media with Alloy Digital since it was Alloy who bought the Escapist from Themis Media, Koch bought Volition and the Saints Row franchise from the now departed THQ (R.I.P.) and also the publishing rights to Metro: Last light

Oh another poor attempt at a Top 5 lists format. It's not a patch on Lisa Foiles' old series. Also, yet another series which is just a thinly veiled advert for another website.

I don't get why you keep doing this Escapist, but I get fed up with your new videos list getting cluttered up with advertising videos for other sites, which if they're successful are only going to divert traffic away from The Escapist.

I just hope that at least Smosh are paying well for this. I won't be watching any more of these here, if I did want content from Smosh games (which I don't), I'd just go to their site instead.

Strazdas:

MrCollins:

snip

Its hard to relax knowing that your favorite website has sold out to one of the worst companies out there. sorry, cant do that. First Jimquisition was miles better than ANYTHING smosh guys have ever put out (and yes ive been following thme on youtube) and evne then Jim grew a lot real fast.

You'd have preferred it if we went out of business?

Admittedly I've never watched a Smosh video before, I'd only heard of their not so great reputation. But this video wasn't that bad at all. I mean, it's stuff that has been stated before countless times and it was a tad "bro-gamery" for my liking but not too bad.

Although Lisa's Top 5's were more enjoyable.

Might watch it every once in a while if I see it in the latest content bit.

Susan Arendt:

Strazdas:

MrCollins:

snip

Surely there were other ways to fix the monetary problems than selling out to worst thing out there?
Also, depending on how much effect they have on the site - possibly.

MrGalactus:
I think it's healthiest to just let Battlefront 3 go. Lets just drop it and give up hope forever. It's not happening.
EVER.

I disagree, there are a number of instances of fans constantly bringing up an idea until those high up actually take notice. Take for example the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes for DS, me and my fellow pokemon fans were whining for years about the idea and eventually Game Freak actually made the damn games.

Battlefront III may or may not happen but there's no reason to give up hope just yet!

Strazdas:

Susan Arendt:

Strazdas:

Surely there were other ways to fix the monetary problems than selling out to worst thing out there?

EA? If I've learned anything here its that when people say 'Worst thing' in refrence to company they mean EA.

Susan Arendt:

Ah more oh Susan's trademark over-exuberant wackiness.
You guys can't go out of business.
How could you go out of business?
You don't need to make any money, you greedy woman, the Escapist runs on magic, goodwill and pixie dust.
Also, if ever things get really tough, I think as Editor-in-Chief, the least you could do is sell off one of those space yachts EA gave you for the stuff you said about ME3.
The nerve of some people, it's frankly disgusting.

I almost couldn't watch this. Been hoping for a BF3 for so long it makes me sad every time it pops up again.

I didn't play the first two and have no interest whatsoever in a third. So all this video really did was remind me that we used to have a better Top 5.

I can't help but associate any explicitly 'top 5 regular videos' with Lisa Foils.

This video just made me think how the game I love and adore should be made instead of Battlefront 3.

A remake or a valid game in with the same mechanics as Magic & Mayhem.

One reason they should have put was the money. This game would make a ton of money if they did it the right way sort of like they seemed to be going in the leaked footage. I mean I dont get the hate for the 3 prequels but I also don't understand why there is not a 3rd battlefront already given it has a huge fanbase.

I watched this purely to see some good old footage of Battlefront one and two.

I was rewarded with perhaps a whole 15 measly seconds worth.

When I say the title I thought Lisa Foiles was back for a minute - too bad but woo! Battlefront 3 is something I would buy!

captainfluoxetine:

Strazdas:

Susan Arendt:

EA? If I've learned anything here its that when people say 'Worst thing' in refrence to company they mean EA.

Ea is gaming company. And its not the worst one out there, but its biggest of the bad folks, so it gets referenced often.
Koch is a publishing company, and its with the worst out there.

Strazdas:

captainfluoxetine:

Strazdas:

Ea is gaming company. And its not the worst one out there, but its biggest of the bad folks, so it gets referenced often.
Koch is a publishing company, and its with the worst out there.

Okay thanks! I thought the Escapist had actually been sold to EA! :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here