Relive 80s Action in The Showdown Effect

Relive 80s Action in The Showdown Effect

Kicking ass one 80s reference at a time.

Read Full Article

Yeah, that one liner really should have been Multiplayer just got... Multiplayer-ed.

But otherwise? Looking good - now I just need a computer that I can play it on, what with my X360 not having a mouse input...

This looks fucking great. The concept just sounds amazing to me, and I can't wait.

One thing I found funny though is how the designer cites Tarantino, a guy who makes tributes to exploitation films, instead of a true blue exploitation filmmaker like Lucio Fulci, Lloyd Kaufman, or Roger Corman. I understand that this game is also supposed to be a tribute, but the fact that it's a tribute to a tribute is just something I find humorous.

A wearable to emulate Arnie in Commando? No no no no no! A chain-mail vest and moustache wearable to emulate Bennett? Yes yes yes yes yes!

BTW he doesn't need the girl, or the gun...

Looks pretty snazzy. It'd be great to see more action/exploitation types of characters in it, like some badass blaxploitation martial-arts-slash-supercop type a guy.

Ignatz_Zwakh:
Looks pretty snazzy. It'd be great to see more action/exploitation types of characters in it, like some badass blaxploitation martial-arts-slash-supercop type a guy.

You talking about Shaft?

This is inevita.. inevete... UNAVOIDABLE!!!! LOL
Game looks great, at least there're no QTE.

ccdohl:

Ignatz_Zwakh:

You talking about Shaft?

I was thinking about Black Dynamite.

I've been looking forward to this one. Glad to see it's almost here.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here