No Right Answer: Best Disney Villain Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Disney Villain Ever

Disney films are great, but a film is only as great as its villain. This week, we decide who's best at being bad.

Watch Video

Scar didn't even get a spot in Kingdom Hearts so he can't be that great.

Nice Master Sword in the background there!

What sparked the change in location?

"Scar is Hitler" should have been an immediate Godwin disqualification, but it all worked out in the end.

Mo fair starting off by running down all the alternate choices and vetoing them at the start before we can start listing them in the comments. :(

Maleficent. No contest.

She was already the Mistress of All Evil. That is why she wasn't invited to the party, and she knew it. She just used that as a joke excuse to do what she wanted to do already. Also, she is just the baddest of bad-ass Disney villains. Period.

Also, Scar lost any chance of winning because Godwin's Law.

Anybody can be a villain with a pack of hyenas at their back. Only a badass can be a villain when they have Gilbert Gottfried as a sidekick.

That shelf behind you scares me. It looks somehow like it's falling over constantly, (I think it's the slanted DVDs)

Well, of the ones on the table, Scar, I'd say.

But everyone knows Dr. Facilier is the best Disney villain.

Any chance of a gif of Chris realising the dark truth?

Ratigan, Gaston, Hades, Doctor Facilier, and Yzma. Just putting those villains out there...

Frollo from Hunchback. Attempted rape of Esmerelda, attempted burning of Esmerelda, genocide, burning of Paris.....yeah, this guy beats Scar's ass.

On the otherhand, you guys forgot to mention that because Scar was king, ALL the females had to....submit.... to him, including Simba's mom and Nala. There was a lot of implied raping going on.

Out of those 2, I'm gonna say Scar, for 2 reasons. 1. Jeremy Irons, and 2. Be Prepared. :3

Holy crap, Chris's face as he realized the dark truth was priceless. I LITERALLY laughed out loud.

Also, while Jafar is indeed easily the best villain, you guys should've at least MENTIONED Ratigan. Seriously, how come nobody remembers "Great Mouse Detective"? Movie was fucking awesome.

Toasty Virus:
Nice Master Sword in the background there!

What sparked the change in location?

Now that Chris "Nintendo" Pranger lives in WA, we alternate filming locations. The next batch of episodes were filmed at his new place up there. Next time it will be at Dan's new house!

canadamus_prime:

Totally in kingdom hearts 2. although he's kind of a ghost of simba's self-doubt and has to be overcome by character growth rather smacking it with a key-sword.

Also Ratigan, mother gothel (tangled) and this sexy man

rayen020:

canadamus_prime:

Totally in kingdom hearts 2. although he's kind of a ghost of simba's self-doubt and has to be overcome by character growth rather smacking it with a key-sword.

Was he? I must've forgotten about that. I haven't played the game in quite awhile. I stand corrected then.

canadamus_prime:

rayen020:

canadamus_prime:

Was he? I must've forgotten about that. I haven't played the game in quite awhile. I stand corrected then.

how did you forget kitten sora?

Not a single Disney villain has as much "good form" as Captain James Hook.

Recently, I'be been listening to Media Sandwich - I started when it began and then didn't pick it up due lack of occasions to listen, and now Im heart broken to have it discontinued - I'm still at episode 20, but hey...
Anyway, I loved the beginning with propositions on different villains, and I'd be happy if you just went full episode with that.
Is that Chris's new house that you're filming this? Is it hard to get into twitter, cause I'd reactivate my useless account there just to get some word from you.

This is the first time I have watched this show were the red dude wins. Haha

There is no best Disney villain, you have to go by categories.

Most fun: Scar
Scariest: Frollo
Most complex: Mother Gothel
Most stylish: Maleficent
Most hilarious: Yzma

And so on.

(Also, all of these are indisputable facts.)

I'm going to say the best Disney villain was Barbosa. Totally ruthless, tragic villain who, ultimately, gets his greatest wish (to become living again) and dies immediately, clutching an apple that he never got a chance to eat. Come on! How can you not love that?

(The second and third movies never happened for the purposes of this argument.)

Edit: Or maybe Loki...

Best Villain is Frollo. Why?
This song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

Let's see Jafar or Scar sing about murder, sex, and damnation all at once!

rayen020:

canadamus_prime:

rayen020:

I didn't. I remember there being a Lion King section, I just don't remember Scar actually making an appearance.

Now you say that Scar didn't do anything when he came to power but do you think Disney is allowed to animate what the leader of a lion pride does? Remember when li'l Simba ran into the cave to wake up his dad, and how many lionesses he had to climb over? That's what Scar gets!

Hang on a minute guys........... DARTH VADER......

He is a Disney villein now........ :)

I think Jafar might have to be disqualified on account of having no real villain song. Those are usually the best parts of their movies and a defining characteristic of many great Disney villains.

JaredXE:
Frollo from Hunchback. Attempted rape of Esmerelda, attempted burning of Esmerelda, genocide, burning of Paris.....yeah, this guy beats Scar's ass.

On the otherhand, you guys forgot to mention that because Scar was king, ALL the females had to....submit.... to him, including Simba's mom and Nala. There was a lot of implied raping going on.

Agreed. He also is one of the very few Disney villains that doesn't see himself as evil but rather as a force for good. That and he does have the best villain song ever.

Yzma should have taken notes, Surprised they didn't mention Frollo or Professor Ratigan.

Riobux:
Any chance of a gif of Chris realising the dark truth?

I can try

Sejborg:
This is the first time I have watched this show were the red dude wins. Haha

They prefer the term Native American thankyouverymuch!

If you consider that Scar was the new alpha male of the pride, you can honestly point out that he was probably banging Simba's mother and girlfriend during all those years.

Crimson_Dragoon:
I think Jafar might have to be disqualified on account of having no real villain song. Those are usually the best parts of their movies and a defining characteristic of many great Disney villains.

I respectfully disagree
Start at 0:35

rayen020:

Crimson_Dragoon:

I respectfully disagree
Start at 0:35

That's a short refrain of an earlier, non-Jafar, song and not a full piece, unique to the villain, ala "Poor, Unfortunate Souls" or "Be Prepared." So I respectfully disagree your respectful disagreement.

Nicolaus99:
If you consider that Scar was the new alpha male of the pride, you can honestly point out that he was probably banging Simba's mother and girlfriend during all those years.

yup I was going to say that

canadamus_prime:

rayen020:

canadamus_prime:

I didn't. I remember there being a Lion King section, I just don't remember Scar actually making an appearance.

You fight and kill scar kingdom hearts 2 and he comes back as a ghost later on in the game.

YOu got Scar,Simba and Kovu all sexy male lions.

6th And Silver:
Holy crap, Chris's face as he realized the dark truth was priceless. I LITERALLY laughed out loud.

Also, while Jafar is indeed easily the best villain, you guys should've at least MENTIONED Ratigan. Seriously, how come nobody remembers "Great Mouse Detective"? Movie was fucking awesome.

I remember great Mouse Detective. That one was the tits! Wow, it's harder than I thought to pick a truly great Disney villain, but you can't say they don't have charisma. And this is why:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsCool

Well done, guys!

Ursula is the scariest Disney villain. It's just the truth.

I actually made my own list of Scariest Disney Villains recently. http://timsevenhuysen.com/blog/lists/top-10-disney-cartoon-villains/

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here