No Right Answer: Best Disney Villain Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

If you didn't argue for Maleficent you lose. Greatest villain of all time. She twisted the good fairies into breaking the rules of non-interference, evil done by good people who think they made the right decision. She can't die, she is evil incarnate, and she has fun with it.

Double Post

Point of contention: If you disqualify Shan Yu as a racist stereotype, you can't keep Jafar. Though he's a great villain, he's absolutely the epitome of the "wily magical effeminate lecherous Arab" stereotype. Also, his facial features are basically a caricature of "Arab" facial features and his skin tone is several shades darker than the heroes.

I'm sorry but Jafar lost his credibility as a good villain when he was so easily tricked at the end. He could have just wished to be an almighty god that was more powerful than anything... Also, talk about aiming low with his first wish. You effectively have ultimate power within your grasp and you just wish to be Sultan?! Show some creativity.

Scar is definitely my favourite villain simply because he's menacing yet charismatic. Plus he has my favourite villain song. Ratigan is probably the scariest though. I always felt very uneasy whenever he was on screen.

To hell with Scar... My vote is for Ratigan!
He even had hisown theme song!

Does Frollo from Hunchback not count as a Disney villain? It seems you guys completely forgot him.

They didn't even take into account Jafar's defeat. Aladdin just tricked him into wishing he was a Genie whilst Scar was interrogated and then it all fell down onto him. (Scar felt far more deserving)

canadamus_prime:
Scar didn't even get a spot in Kingdom Hearts so he can't be that great.

I can't believe they didn't mention Frollo.

That dude IS in Dream Drop Distance and he's HORRIFYING...

I was literally uncomfortable.

He tries to burn a woman ALIVE in a game for children!

JaredXE:
Frollo from Hunchback. Attempted rape of Esmerelda, attempted burning of Esmerelda, genocide, burning of Paris.....yeah, this guy beats Scar's ass.

On the otherhand, you guys forgot to mention that because Scar was king, ALL the females had to....submit.... to him, including Simba's mom and Nala. There was a lot of implied raping going on.

SERIOUSLY! Honestly (to me) the darkest mofo to ever be in Disney anything.

Everyone knows motherfuckin Hades is the best.

Jafar nails it, as he is the evilest AND by far the most memorable.
He shows he's a huge dick as soon as he can and goes mad with power, like a real bad guy should.

Sweet looking Master Sword btw.
Do more Zelda eps? :P

As much as I admire Scar and Jafar .. they don't have anything close to Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

- Kills hunchback's parents
    - If it wasn't for the pastor, he'd toss a baby into a well to die
    - Abused and mistreated hunchback as he was being raised, also keeps him locked up
    - Hatred of a certain race, tries to eliminate all of them
    - Obsessed with Esmeralda, wants to basically force her to be his as in rape
    - Burns down a house with people in it, despite those folk were saved
    - Burns down mainly all of Paris
    - Attempts to burn Esmeralda alive, having her people watch in cages
    - Attempts to kill hunchback, despite raising him for all those years (and in an awful way too)

Frollo also gets credit because he's the most realistic villain. He has no magical powers, no superhuman strength, nothing to really back him up. He's a human being that has power over Paris and thinks he's doing things for the right reasons. Wicked, and a tragic character this man is. He's also terrifying, more so then any cartoon character I can remember.

Caramel Frappe:
As much as I admire Scar and Jafar .. they don't have anything close to Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

- Kills hunchback's parents
    - If it wasn't for the pastor, he'd toss a baby into a well to die
    - Abused and mistreated hunchback as he was being raised, also keeps him locked up
    - Hatred of a certain race, tries to eliminate all of them
    - Obsessed with Esmeralda, wants to basically force her to be his as in rape
    - Burns down a house with people in it, despite those folk were saved
    - Burns down mainly all of Paris
    - Attempts to burn Esmeralda alive, having her people watch in cages
    - Attempts to kill hunchback, despite raising him for all those years (and in an awful way too)

Frollo also gets credit because he's the most realistic villain. He has no magical powers, no superhuman strength, nothing to really back him up. He's a human being that has power over Paris and thinks he's doing things for the right reasons. Wicked, and a tragic character this man is. He's also terrifying, more so then any cartoon character I can remember.

This, this and always this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwgbtWMZeE

You just had to go and invoke Godwin's law, didn't you?

ForgottenPr0digy:

canadamus_prime:

rayen020:

how did you forget kitten sora?

I didn't. I remember there being a Lion King section, I just don't remember Scar actually making an appearance.

You fight and kill scar kingdom hearts 1 and he comes back as a ghost later on in the game.

YOu got Scar,Simba and Kovu all sexy male lions.

Ok, it's been quite a while since I've played the Kingdom Hearts games, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. I know because the only Lion King thing in Kingdom Hearts 1 (I hate calling it that), was getting Simba as a summon. The premise being that the world of The Lion King has already been swallowed by the Heartless, but Simba's essence (or whatever) survived.

If "best" = "most evil" then certainly Frollo wins that. Not even 5 minutes into the thing; he trys to throw a baby down a well because he thought it was ugly. What a way to introduce a character!

I gotta throw in with Frollo. I mean seriously...you do not get more evil or more scary. And far more then other villians, he seems to believe that he is the good guy which makes him that much more terrifying. Also, in a movie thats generally overlooked and lackluster, he has the BEST villian song in disneydom.

canadamus_prime:

ForgottenPr0digy:

canadamus_prime:

I didn't. I remember there being a Lion King section, I just don't remember Scar actually making an appearance.

You fight and kill scar kingdom hearts 2 and he comes back as a ghost later on in the game.

YOu got Scar,Simba and Kovu all sexy male lions.

Ok, it's been quite a while since I've played the Kingdom Hearts games, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. I know because the only Lion King thing in Kingdom Hearts 1 (I hate calling it that), was getting Simba as a summon. The premise being that the world of The Lion King has already been swallowed by the Heartless, but Simba's essence (or whatever) survived.

fuck........I meant Kingdom hearts 2 not 1

I just noticed that there is no better villain than a Disney Villain. What other villains (outside Disney) deserve to be among these fine specimens of pure evil?

If you ask me, Jafar wins instantly for the fact that he had Gilbert frickin' Gottfried as his side-kick/henchmen. Gilbert is infinitely superior in the realm of funny than all three of the hyenas combined.

Firefilm:

Toasty Virus:
Nice Master Sword in the background there!

What sparked the change in location?

Now that Chris "Nintendo" Pranger lives in WA, we alternate filming locations. The next batch of episodes were filmed at his new place up there. Next time it will be at Dan's new house!

I am assuming that by WA you mean Washington and NOT Western Australia!

This was an interesting episode... What will the next one be? (Also: You should consider adding outtakes in the credits like Reel Physics do!)

The Horned King from Disney's The Black Cauldron

1. Is a creepy lich with horns
2. Collects corpses, which he talks to
3. Raises undead armies
4. Threates torture of the protagonist's pet
5. Has creepy wyvern minions
6. Requires human sacrifice to defeat
7. Has easily the most gruesome death scene known to Disney

and to top it all off, voiced by John Hurt.

Huh... a little odd that so many other disney villains were mentioned and yet Frollo didn't come up, guess that comes down to personal experience with the movies.

No, no, no, no...

Shan Yu
Was the most determined. Even after losing his army, he crossed mountains with nothing else than the fur on his back and the hand on his sword to complete his quest.

Frollo
Was possessed from Esmeralda. He may was cruel bevor he met her, but reasonable, he was strikt, but not unfair.
It was the madness of love what got hold of him and dragged him down into insanity.

Hades
just plain funny and a really fast talker

Scar's 'Be Prepared' and most of the songs in Lion King sound like tired retreads of earlier Disney films. Scar is just the black sheep of the family who gets an opportunity to kill his brother. He's like Chris Farley, if Chris Farley had Jeremy Iron's voice... but take away his voice and what do you really have in terms of a character? At least with Jafar, yes, you have a good voice behind him, but take away his voice, and you still have a pretty nasty and appropriately evil fully realized character.

Robert Rath:
Point of contention: If you disqualify Shan Yu as a racist stereotype, you can't keep Jafar. Though he's a great villain, he's absolutely the epitome of the "wily magical effeminate lecherous Arab" stereotype. Also, his facial features are basically a caricature of "Arab" facial features and his skin tone is several shades darker than the heroes.

Thank you for pointing this out. I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Casual Shinji:
Anybody can be a villain with a pack of hyenas at their back. Only a badass can be a villain when they have Gilbert Gottfried as a sidekick.

Win!

Frollo's the only Disney villain that I find genuinely scary, as in his evilness is actually
disturbing, so he'd have to get my vote as well.

Scar is still a personal favorite, though. He sorta just became a lazy SoB after he accomplished
his goal, but he's just got so much charisma. Shere Khan from The Jungle Book is another cool baddie
with a similar swagger.

American Fox:
Why is this show allowed to go on?

You two are idiots, dismissing the best for crap villains.

DeVille didn't shoo puppies, she had them skinned.

And Madame Medusa kidnapped children. She was going to feed Penny to her pet crocodiles.

Probably because a lot of people can enjoy this series without taking it too seriously.
You realise you're calling two men idiots over a freaking Disney villain argument, right?

Purely songwise, Scar wins this 1 vs 1 (Otherwise, Frollo would)

Xanadu84:
I gotta throw in with Frollo. I mean seriously...you do not get more evil or more scary. And far more then other villians, he seems to believe that he is the good guy which makes him that much more terrifying. Also, in a movie thats generally overlooked and lackluster, he has the BEST villian song in disneydom.

Along with a couple of others, Frollo could have at least got an honourable mention.
The guy definately had the most badass villain songs in my opinion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

brought down jedi order and established a totalitarian state across an entire galaxy through pure evilness

Caffeine_Bombed:

Along with a couple of others, Frollo could have at least got an honourable mention.
The guy definately had the most badass villain songs in my opinion!

Driven by lust and madness to kill innocents, characterizing the past corruptions of religious figureheads?
Disney had some guts writing a villain like Frollo back then.

Crimson_Dragoon:

rayen020:

Crimson_Dragoon:
I think Jafar might have to be disqualified on account of having no real villain song. Those are usually the best parts of their movies and a defining characteristic of many great Disney villains.

I respectfully disagree
Start at 0:35

That's a short refrain of an earlier, non-Jafar, song and not a full piece, unique to the villain, ala "Poor, Unfortunate Souls" or "Be Prepared." So I respectfully disagree your respectful disagreement.

Respectfully reminding you Jafar did have a villian song, it simply did not make the movie. Google "Why Me + Jafar"

Didn't make the movie, but it was a full song, by the villian, sung by the villian for the villian.

No, the leader of the Huns in Mulan is the best villain. Hell, all of the huns in there are awesome.

Why?

Remember that scene where his pet hawk returns with a doll from a mountain village? I.E. the one that the chinese army is guarding to prevent the huns from making a straight run through to the emperor?

Yeah, the huns figure that out... just by examining details on this doll.

They are the best disney villains because they are the only ones with more than two brain cells to rub together. Every other villain from Hook to Maleficent to Scar and Jafar are complete idiots. Oh sure, Jafar managed to fool the Sultan for all those years, but that's only because, as the film establishes, the Sultan is a complete moron. Not exactly an impressive feat to trick a moron, is it? As for Scar, yes, he was a bit smarter than Jafar, but no one in the film is bright enough to immediately suspect him of villainy until Simba comes back and exposes him (or rather, threatens to slit his throat if he doesn't talk), and even Simba didn't suspect his Uncle until Scar decided to be an arrogant douche and TELL HIM a few seconds before Simba manages to turn it around on him. Which, again, makes everyone Scar tricked look like an idiot, when it is perfectly obvious to the audience THE ENTIRE TIME, that Scar is the villain. (and that's clear in the first five minutes of the film)

Now, the huns on the other hand, they not only figure out where the bulk of the Chinese army is based on that doll, but they then proceed to storm right into the village the army is guarding, and wipe the floor with them. Which clearly establishes them as a credible threat that is impressive to see Mulan and her allies take down.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here