Alien: InQUIZition

I hereby offer a high five to people who know that Israel one.
That is the most random knowledge ever.

K84:

The answer would be the same for a lot of different countries. Quick look at the IMDB page says at least 16 different ones. So it's not really that random.

I got the Israeli one because it had the same tagline in Sweden, or at least occasionally.

Sadly failed on the Academy Awards question.

I scored 50%, with 5 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Alien: InQUIZition.
Take this quiz

Well I tried, using the best of my knowledge. It's been so long, and some I have not even considered looking into when watching the Alien movies. Still, I am glad I scored this well overall.

Llil:

K84:

The answer would be the same for a lot of different countries. Quick look at the IMDB page says at least 16 different ones. So it's not really that random.

high five :D
still, anyone who can read hebrew could have answered that question since the picture shows the title.
of course, how many people outside Israel read hebrew is a different matter.

Damn im not that into the series and i scored 80% not bad.

There. I didn't get 100% on the first try, but the only ones I didn't get right where uninteresting questions (the number of passengers and the alternative title). Everything about the story I got perfectly right.

K84:

I just guessed at something that seemed likely and got it right out of luck. Can I have a high five anyway?

The only one I got wrong was the awards for Aliens. I thought it had been snubbed, in the usual manner of sci-fi fare, so what did it get nominated for?

Pallindromemordnillap:

K84:

I just guessed at something that seemed likely and got it right out of luck. Can I have a high five anyway?

The only one I got wrong was the awards for Aliens. I thought it had been snubbed, in the usual manner of sci-fi fare, so what did it get nominated for?

Sure, why not?
*fives*

As for the nominations, which i myself guessed incorrectly, they were:
(From IMDB btw) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/awards

Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing
Best Effects, Visual Effects
Best Actress in a Leading Role
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration
Best Film Editing
Best Music, Original Score
Best Sound

I didn't do the quiz, I just thought I had to comment on this.

"InQUIZition"

Really? Really? I've made some dumb jokes, but REALLY?

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Alien: InQUIZition.
Take this quiz

Took me two tries, what with the Israeli title and how many Oscars Aliens was nominated for. And that picture of Whedon? the look on his face suggests he just sat through the finished version of Ressurection and thought "Dafuq did I just WATCH?!"
The answer: your handiwork, genius. That is shame you feel.

This will be a nice addition to my MiFi badge ^^. Took me two tries too >.>.

Lucked out and got a 10/10 - Never heard of the alt title.
They should have put the Sulaco in the choices for the ship's name in Alien (as long as they are being as tricky as trying to make you think there are two planets visited). And the question about who designed alien shows a picture of the queen alien which I believe is drawn by James Cameron, who came up with the idea.

Racecarlock:
I didn't do the quiz, I just thought I had to comment on this.

"InQUIZition"

Really? Really? I've made some dumb jokes, but REALLY?

What he said. I'm pretty sure quiz is already short for inquisition.

Surprised to find out it's not, now that I've checked.

I got nine out of ten right. Thing is, there was about four or five that I actually knew, the rest were just guesses. Is there a way to find out what ones you got wrong/right? It's driving me up the wall.

Apparently I am a larger Aliens fan then I thought, considering how fast I got through it without guessing. This also goes to show that all the information about any work of media you'll ever need to know can be found on wikipedia and tvtropes.

According to IMDB's page on Alien, the film was nominated for Best Art Direction-Set Direction and Best Effects/Visual Effects. That was only 2 Oscars. It won only one. So somebody at fact checking screwed up on this. If you're going to use questions related to how many awards something has won, do your fucking homework!!!

No mention of the original writer Dan O' Bannon, oh come on Escapist I expect better.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here