Unskippable: Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 seems like Outward Bound with some serious consequences.

Watch Video

"I exercise correct pussy trigger disciplin" Best line in the episode

Aww, I wanted to see you guys throw rocks. Oh well, maybe next time.

even though i love the Far Cry 3 cutscenes, this is still hilarious to me

I always thought the only difference between a forest and a jungle was climate.

And now you know...

Had his finger on the pussy trigger

Forgot to disengage the safety.

canadamus_prime:
I always thought the only difference between a forest and a jungle was climate.

It's like toads and frogs: All jungles are forests, but not all forests are jungles

I really need to play this game,Vaas seems every bit as psychotically hilarious as i have heard

The choice of music is so perfect it could have been written for this game

Monday 8am: Week began
Monday 1:19pm: Bill and Ted reference. Entire week made.

I think "jungle" is any forest of sufficient heat and humidity. Which is probably why they are going with the more hippie-friendly "rainforest" these days.

It's good to know that even homicidal madmen in the third world still have an appreciation for good cinema...

dragongit:
"I exercise correct pussy trigger disciplin" Best line in the episode

I want that on a shirt.

Pussy-trigger discipline and the lethal use of bamboo? I knew I should've enlisted.

DVS BSTrD:
It's like toads and frogs: All jungles are forests, but not all forests are jungles

Actually there are a difference.

Frogs has smoother skin surface to toads.
Frogspawn are like clouds.

Toadspawn are like ropes.

Also on topic. I'm surprised that M.I.A. allowed her song to be used on the game. Oh it fits very well. I'm just highly interested.

OMG I dunno how this is a workable series but it is. Also I love the line about cutting people off while skydiving.

Wow, I just spent two hours sitting on college benches and I want to say I learnt at least as much as I did during this video, but...
Well, at least now if I'm ever kidnapped, I will be able to educate my kidnappers on whether or not they're holding me in a forest or in a jungle. Then they will probably educate me in return on how a bullet punctures my flesh.

I am just glad I didnt have to watch another commercial for this game before I watched the episode.

Also Army training probably would have gone more along the lines of "lets not draw the guards attention, instead we should slip out this side over here that the bad guy just stuck his entire torso through demonstrating how easy it would be to escape. Then we can move AWAY from the area and our enemy then try to establish a escape plan"

as opposed to "call attention to ourselves to open a lock we had no need of opening, and then stop in a well lit area where we are clearly exposed"

I haven't played this game but the guy just lets you go?

Why?

"You should check out the Ashley book of knots by Clifford W. Ashley, it's really the definitive work on the subject"
Hehe, nice reference to your last LRR video.

Tangential learning.

Father Time:
I haven't played this game but the guy just lets you go?

Why?

It gets boring kidnapping people and waiting for ransom money. Vaas likes to find entertainment in any way possible, like playing a round of real live man hunt. It's good exercise. And it gives your hostages false hope of escaping, which makes it more fun when you catch and kill them later.

Basically, Vaas is insane and unpredictable, and it also lets the game begin.

I may be recalling this wrong, but I think one of the first trailers for FC3 from E3 made it look like Vaas was the "bad half" of the Player character's split personality. Goddamn, that guy is a loon! And what country does the name Vaas come from? I want to say Holland.

dubious_wolf:
And now you know...

And Knowing is 1/2 the battle!
the other half, at least in Far Cry 3, is guns, knives, wild animal attacks, and raving psychosis. Fun for the whole family!

Oh man, I liked Far Cry 3. Why did you guys have to go and improve it so much?

Also, it might have been a magic map, since we did have those on Far Cry 2.

can't believe I haven't played this game yet lol just watching this cutscene had me enraptured, but I also wanted to hear you guys' comments haha

Heh, best evaluation of Vaas I've ever heard...

Darth_Payn:
I may be recalling this wrong, but I think one of the first trailers for FC3 from E3 made it look like Vaas was the "bad half" of the Player character's split personality. Goddamn, that guy is a loon! And what country does the name Vaas come from? I want to say Holland.

You are correct. Vaas is apparently derived from Servaas, which is Dutch. Also, yeah. Vaas' role in the first half of the game appears to personify what J-Bro becomes for the second half. One of the mercenaries in the camp even says,
"Hoyt also wanted to talk to Vaas, and look what happened to him."

It's almost as though the whole game was based around J-Bro becoming Vaas.

I got to hear Graham say "pussy Trigger."

Best. Day. Ever.

Was I just... educated by the closing text? Huh.

Best episode in a while, hopefully you can return to FC3 at some point.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here