Critical Miss Art Update

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I used to like Critical Miss before they were cool. Now they're all commercial and shit, and just think about image.

I have to say, that artwork was really well done. Makes me wish that I could draw.

"Come at me, Susan."

Looks like she came at you, bro. XD

I like the crappy old miss, makes it retro-ish.

Also you spelled labour wrong. The day has yet to come when a bunch of colonials are going dictate how to spell my own language.

Soooo... Watercolour from now is it?
I'm sure it's going to be Critical Hit

Scars Unseen:
I used to like Critical Miss before they were cool. Now they're all commercial and shit, and just think about image.

Awww you've already got your first shallow retro/hipster hater.
Our little webcomic is growing up so fast :')

The Labour/Labor part made me lol (it's definitely Labour) you Americans and your backwards spelling.

Is it ironic that Americanization isn't spelled with an S? :(
Anyway artwork is looking cool, although I didn't think the change was necessary.

P.S Why am I getting a Dark Knight Rises trailer playing? Isn't it a couple of months late for that?

GA-You!-Motha-!!! Change?!?! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

All must remain the same!! You will burn!!

But really, I'm curious to see what's going to happen

I like the art, looking great guys, and feel free to tell the regular trolls to piss off.

Scars Unseen:

I think Grey needs to add hipster glasses to his Gengar avatar to complete the ritual.

BAHAHAHAHA Editor OWNED you son! What now?!

Side note as a USA citizen I apologize for all the miss spelled words that we have integrated into our culture and claimed they were spelled correctly. Seriously there are tons of them. OK is all correct spelled ol korect and abbreviated. *sigh*

The art looks good, but can we get a link when the game is done. I want to see what you come up with, without checking for updates on a different site.

I'm seriously intrigued by this bit about manual labour and family of all things. (Come at me also, Susan.)

fieryshadowcard:
"Come at me, Susan."

Looks like she came at you, bro. XD

And this is why you don't fight with the person whose responsible for editing your work before releasing it to the entire world!

Grey Carter:
I have embraced the spirit of punk rock. I totally just used the correct spelling of labour in that last post rather than the commonly accepted Americanization, "labor." Come at me, Susan.

Rock on man, rock on.

Ed note: Boom

Well payed, Susan.

Oh dear, Susan went all evil on you guys...

Labour isn't spelled with a U?

Next you are going to tell me I have been spelling armour and colour wrong.

I'm a fan of Critical Miss comics. Seeing a lot more comics would make my days a whole lot better.

I already have a painkiller addiction... So what now?

It's not just the Brits, us Canadians are supposed to be spelling these words with the much maligned "u" as well. Technically, we're also supposed to be using the more traditional "sh" as opposed to the more popular "sk" when pronouncing schedule.

Noah Webster, yes THE Mr. Webster of Webster's Dictionary was a linguist who knew more than twenty languages (including Sanskrit) and who is largely responsible for changing (in his mind simplifying) the spelling of English words from the English (ie Limey British) to what became the Americanized standard. "Labour" to "labor" etc.

I've read that he also did it out of spite against the British. Guess he wasn't one of the colonists who sided with the Revolution but had sympathies with the British.

Susan is a Semantics Nazi, huh? Well, I guess that make sense given that her title is "Nerd Queen".

OT: Looking forward to the changes. Three strips a week would be a big plus to this site.

Grey Carter:
snip

Should we petition and stuff for 3 strips a week?

Not that i'd vote for them but ya know in the UK there is the second bigest party in our parliment The Labour Party... some how this matters.

Also maybe sharpen up the drawing but don't worry to much, there should always be effort to imporve in all forms of art but don't loose your charm and character in the process :)

Uh... I don't take painkillers. Looks like you're out of luck, Carter. Also, editors, damn bunch of good-for-nothing... lovable creatures, am I right? :)

I see the "four season set", but why start with winter? not spring like everyone usually do?

Nice aarts BTW

PedroSteckecilo:

Evil? It's a cat picture, for crying out loud.

But... change? I are no like change! It's too scary and alien to me!

I appreciate how Erin looks happiest during Winter and least happy during Summer. Give stock values a good kick in the bum.

Ok maybe i'm not fully understanding this are you redoing all the old panels from the first couple years or are you just redoing the banners for the escapsit?

The new art looks great cory btw.

Aw. I dislike the direction the artwork has taken...sure, the old stuff may not have been as well made, but the style is so much better...

Hopefully you enjoy doing these more~ because as an artist, doing your work in the fashion you like it.. makes it easier for you to do your work. If you're not only into it but really good at it.. you can do some amazing things. I am eager to see where this comic series goes.

BartyMae:
Aw. I dislike the direction the artwork has taken...sure, the old stuff may not have been as well made, but the style is so much better...

Mind if I ask what era or style you preferred? Maybe link a couple strips so I can have a better idea of what about the old style you preferred, if you care to that is. My art has changed in some conscious ways and a number of unconscious ways as I've developed so I'm curious what particularly has changed that people may not like.

Susan Arendt:

PedroSteckecilo:

A cat photoshopped into a Sex Pistols album cover? Brilliant! That'll show those upstarts for challenging you with their regional dialects and different ways to spell!
But on a positive note, guys, I like the new art direction. A lot more crisp and sharp.

That art isn't funny. It needs to be redone. Now.

NOW!!!

Susan Arendt:

PedroSteckecilo:

That's what makes it evil.

So wait, are they changing how the comic is going to look from here on out or are they just updating all the old ones to look like the newer strips?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here