The Big Picture: Power Drain

Pages PREV 1 2 3

The thing I remember most about Captain N is Link.

The thing I remember most about Link is....

NinjaDeathSlap:
Too. Much. NINETIES!

Sometimes I really thank God that I had CBBC when I was a kid. We had Get You Own Back, and Get You Own Back was the shit!

CBBC ftw! Ahhh...British children's television, how I missed you. I think someone down thread referenced Jungle Run too :D

OT: Did that guy just say "word"...and was totally serious about it?! Oh boy.
I actually kinda want to watch the 90's version of Video Power...they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Fat_Hippo:
Am I the only one who can't tell how this terrible cartoon is supposed to be any worse than the shitty 80s cartoons people on the internet inexplicably obsess about?

I don't get it either...if anything the worst ones should be remembered more, at least you can get some humour out of them, e.g. the Spiderman one

WhiteTigerShiro:

The Gentleman:
The terribleness of it all. I feel unclean...

Does it ever go away?

Now you know why MovieBob drinks.

I thought it was because if he gets left alone with his thoughts, his ego will wrap itself around his neck like an massive amorphous snake and strangle him. I think Power Team was crap, but the only reason Bob thinks Captain N was any better is because it was Nintendo.

octafish:
Heh. That kind of made ATARI Force look hip and happening...
...nah, ATARI Force were always hip and happening...

That poster reminds me of a 90's McDonalds commercial. Except there's no disabled person. And no one is begging to die.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

octafish:
Heh. That kind of made ATARI Force look hip and happening...
...nah, ATARI Force were always hip and happening...

That poster reminds me of a 90's McDonalds commercial. Except there's no disabled person. And no one is begging to die.

Look in the top left corner, that is no poster, that is an early eighties ATARI console based comic series. I had a couple as a kid. Then they did a second series not long after, I remember having a couple of those as well. I remember it had this ad in it...
...wish I still had that ad...not so much the comic...

Man I remember that cartoon, so wacky, I loved it! Good times...weird times, but good times!

ZZoMBiE13:
Well OK. So that was a thing that happened. Can't say I recall if I ever saw that one or not.

Wonder what that kind of show would look like today if someone like EA or Activision tried to do it?

Activision would be exceedingly entertaining I think.

Spyro, Ghost (Modern Warfare), Jim Raynor (Star Craft), and Heller (Prototype 2) as a team with the big bad being Mercer+ Zerg

I would watch the hell out of that show

The second series looks like it was inspired by this, as a lot of things were
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsTr0kGAqU

I wish I still had the soundtrack to the first movie, I gave the cassette away to someone.

I also own the movie with a Cantonese soundtrack (they even do the end credits song in Cantonese).

Yes, there were quite a few video game shows in the 90s. I remember getting up early to watch them.

I find your lack of Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm disturbing.

samahain:

(It s the clothing that hurt the most)

Plaid never goes out of fashion!

Damn you, Bob. I had forgotten the game-show version of Video Power. Thanks a lot!

This video is giving me painful flashbacks to how incredibly stupid the 90s were.

Then again we'll probably be looking back at a lot of current games the same way....

Im going to guess (for some reason) each episode didn't end with bigfoot running everything to solve the problems.

Though I guess its always refreshing to see bob get his hate of the 90s in whenever he can. Not that I agree, but at least some things dont change

"It's about to get very 90's in here" is my new favorite warning phrase. That is a horrifically and hilariously dangerous warning.

Well done, and love your little nod at the end to Nostalgia Critic.

God I miss Nick Arcade! If Nick ever came out with a DVD "Best Of" with their various gameshows on it, I'd buy it immediately. Imagine Nick Arcade, Legends of the Hidden Tempe, and Double Dare on one DVD..I might die from nostalgia overload.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here