No Right Answer: Best Robin Ever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Best Robin Ever

It's time to decide which one deserves the right to call shotgun in the bat-mobile.

Watch Video

Damien Wayne was a good Robin... when Dick Grayson was Batman. So does that really count? I'd say yes. Not the best, but good. And yes, Dick Grayson was great as Batman.

I'd probably say Dick is the better character, but Tim was the better Robin.

I think Dick is the better hero, but Tim is the better Robin for Batman.

A point I though Kylie would bring up was their different origins. Dick became Robin purely by chance because Bruce happened to be there when Dick's parents died. Tim on the other had sought out Batman after Jason's death because he knew that Batman needed a Robin.

At least that's how it was last time I checked. I have no idea what the most recent reboot has changed.

Stephanie Brown is Batgirl, end of story.
If Batman has a female sidekick, she's the Batgirl (or Oracle)

Oh, come the fuck on, Stephanie Brown was a Robin, as much as DC doesn't want to admit it.

Dammit I wish that there were more female robins >_<

Sooooooooo... The Dark Knight Returns? Anyone? ...Fine...

Carrie Kelly anyone?! WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR MY NON CANON COMICS?! NO I DON'T CARE THAT SHE BECAME A CAT GIRL!

ahahahaha captcha: which one does not belong: the only answer available: emo kid
ahahahahaah

Guys, Carrie Kelly is obviously the best Robin. I mean, think about it: no other Robin is a better example of what Robin is supposed to represent: a ray of light in Batman's dark world? That's what makes Carrie something special: she's the lightest Robin for the darkest Batman.

/thread.

So Bruce Wayne "died"? When was this a thing?

/hasn't read Batman since Zero Hour

So, I hate to be a fact nazi, particularly with your own in-jokes... but wasn't the "my parents werest killed!" thing about Possum Man? Who is this Raccoon Man? Is he as epic as Possum Man?

This isn't Jason Todd vs Stephanie Brown, this isn't No Right Answer going for the odd choice... come on guys, why so serious?

TheSchaef:
So Bruce Wayne "died"? When was this a thing?

/hasn't read Batman since Zero Hour

Relatively recent, Noteworth trades are
Batman RIP, Final Crisis, Return of Bruce Wayne, Batman and Robin Vol.1 (I think, not the nu52 version)

On Topic, Daimen is my favorite Robin, whether or not hes the 'best', hes certainly the most interesting.

I think it has to be a contest between Dick and Damian.

All the other Robins were replacements for (and reskins of) the original after he became Nightwing; Jason, Tim (as awesome as he is), even Stephanie. They were all basically Dick, but a bit younger and still Robin. Damian is the first 'new' Robin to change the dynamic and be a brand new character, and the Damian/Dick dynamic as B&R was fresh and fun.

I don't know much about history of batman and robin

but I did like nightwing from teen titans and redhood from redhood movie(dude was badass)

Take a look at my avatar; guess who I'll pick?

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

edit: also, of course readers didn't buy that Bruce Wayne was dead. He was shown alive a couple issues later...

My parents weres killed! - Possum Man.

Not Raccoon Man, can't even keep your own fake super hero's straight.

el_kabong:
So, I hate to be a fact nazi, particularly with your own in-jokes... but wasn't the "my parents werest killed!" thing about Possum Man? Who is this Raccoon Man? Is he as epic as Possum Man?

Dang it, raccoon man is what dan says when he means possum man! Thanks for catching it, that's just stupid of us to make that mistake with our own stuff. Damn you, Raz Al Goool!

bdcjacko:

Dang it, slip of the keys. Get em, Robin! AWoooooooooo!

4173:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

edit: also, of course readers didn't buy that Bruce Wayne was dead. He was shown alive a couple issues later...

Good point. Most people forget Steph's run as Robin because it was kinda short. Of course the readers knew Bruce couldn't be dead, it was everyone who wasn't Tim who believed he was dead. Until Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman, Inc.

ritchards:
This isn't Jason Todd vs Stephanie Brown, this isn't No Right Answer going for the odd choice... come on guys, why so serious?

This is the Internet and the sublect is Batman. We take batman VERY SERIOUSLY.
Although I still don't get the hate for Jason Todd, even when he's kicking ass as the Red Hood. Is this leftover hate from "A Death in the Family" or is it new hate from him coming back to life around the same time as Bucky Barnes?

Firefilm:

bdcjacko:

Dang it, slip of the keys. Get em, Robin! AWoooooooooo!

Damn you Ra's al Ghul!

Eh, I guess it's a tie for me. The 'real' Batman universe for me always was the 60's series, and the Robin in that was Dick Grayson. But of course the then the question becomes 'is this the same Robin who was in the comics at the time, or the Dick Grayson who became Nightwing?'

DVS BSTrD:
Stephanie Brown is Batgirl, end of story.
If Batman has a female sidekick, she's the Batgirl (or Oracle)

Why, though? There has been several Robins, and it's not like it's all that masculine name or role.

So was it Racoon man or Possom man? Cuase I really want to draw a fanart of him and maybe some of his villains from the podcast, but Im not sure now which costume I should go with.
I love the fact that I was on the inside joke.

Tim is the best Robin

Dick Grayson, first and best fighter, thematically closest to Bruce.

Tim Drake, best detective, the heart of what Batman's successor should be.

Damian...meh, basically Jason Todd with more skills. Jason Todd was good AFTER he died, and Red Hood doesn't count as "Robin."

My fave Bat-sidekick...Cassandra Cain!!!

Good win!
No quote of the week?
I liked what Kyle said at the end.
Make that the q-o-t-w :P

I wouldn't necessarily say he wins because of it, but Jason Todd gets a lot of points with me for being the only one of those that was either a Batman, Batgirl, or a Robin to realize just what a complete load of crap Bruce's "No Kill" policy is. In fact, he's one of the few superheroes that realizes that not killing the bad guys never accomplishes anything, not that he ever manages to kill any of the important villains, but at least he TRIES to end the vicious cycle that the DC universe is constantly spiraling in.

Wolcik:
So was it Racoon man or Possum man? Cuase I really want to draw a fanart of him and maybe some of his villains from the podcast, but Im not sure now which costume I should go with.
I love the fact that I was on the inside joke.

Definitely possum man, our mistake. Oh ma gosh, we would love some fan art of possum man and his rogue gallery. Throwing silver bullets from his belt and watching SVU on the "Bat Computer"

Tim wins by being the first Robin to demand pants.

4173:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

You're going to go with the only Robin that got fired as the best one?

The only one that got fired AND killed. At least Jason Todd went out in a blaze of glory.

vxicepickxv:

4173:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

The only one that got fired AND killed. At least Jason Todd went out in a blaze of glory.

Beign beaten to death with a crowbar, coming back to life as a villain, and then getting a crappy comic where Starfire is a moron isn't exactly a "Blaze of Glory".

vxicepickxv:

4173:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

I don't remember what's canon anymore, but Dick was fired in Dixon's Nightwing: Year One. And of course there's The Dark Knight Strikes Again...

Well that's a bit mean, what's wrong with Steph?

You know you're a geek when......... You were actually able to follow that debate, and recall the events mentioned.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here