So You Think You Know Sci-Fi?

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's So You Think You Know Sci-Fi?.
Take this quiz

This was certainly a fun quiz, sadly I only recognized the few quotes (like the ones about them coming out at night.. mostly). Anyhow I got a kick out of it and again, appreciate these quizzes every Monday because it helps me know my stuff more! Also the badges are epic too :D

Either something went wrong when this got posted or the actual person who posted this went back in time despite there weren't any internet.

Anyway I got 8/10 which is suprising seeing how I had guess some of the answers.

I got 100%, though it should have been called "So You Think You Know Sci-Fi Movies?". Compared to books, TV and even gaming, I'd argue that movies contributed little to the genre; most of them are cliff-note remakes of classic SF books. Eeeh.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's So You Think You Know Sci-Fi?.
Take this quiz
I had to take it again because I missed the line about throwing rocks in tin cans. That was obscure.

100% first try. I'm surprised at myself, since most of them were little more than educated guesses...

So, um, I guess I do know sci-fi. That's good.

Bah got 90 on the first try cause i never watched firefly/serenity.

Oooh, only 9/10. Was the one about throwing rocks into tins Lost in Space? Its just dawning on me that that might have been what the reference to the robot was about

Ahhh Cookie, he knows all about tin cans...I can't believe I almost fluffed the Las Vegas question.

Klaatu Verada Nikto baby.

Enjoyed that one. 10 out of 10 baby!

I got 9/10 only because "This movie may have flown under the radar but for some it's very important." threw me off. "Duh, I know this one. Wait? Flew under the radar? I must be wrong... I guess I'll change my answer then."

Either the person who made this quiz decided to make this 1 hint sarcastic, which is stupid because sarcasm doesn't come off well in text, or he's just stupid because that's one of the most well known sci-fi movies of all time.

Okay, so I got 7/10, and MOST of my answers were guesses... I like Science Fiction elements, but I confess that I have not seen most of the movies in this quiz, and a couple of the movies I have seen in this quiz I do not remember well. I did know the "blaster at your side, kid" quote immediately, so please don't take away ALL of my nerd points... (just joking).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here