Trailers: Star Trek - Making The Game Part One

Star Trek - Making The Game Part One

Play as Spock or Kirk as you shoot your way through aliens of all sorts.

Watch Video

"No other game we could have made"?
I guess nobody told him space battle simulators are a thing.

oh look call of duty star trek edition

DVS BSTrD:
"No other game we could have made"?
I guess nobody told him space battle simulators are a thing.

Maybe he just meant no publisher would pick it up if it wasn't a shooter.

I'm kind of surprised that Kirk and Spock's uniforms aren't brown.

This game looks like it will be fun. Might even be able to get my GF to do something startreky with me for once. I wonder how the co-op works on the ship battle parts though. I hope they give player 2 something to shoot with, because cutting off the gameplay for one of the players can realy kill the fun.

This looks like a total conversion for gears of war. I'm annoyed that probably the best Star Trek game is still Star Trek Online. I mean we have tons and tons of shooters, if I play Star Trek I want it to be something more interesting.

Work on your script-writing. Or your voice acting director. Seriously, most of those lines fell flat when they could have shone.

Playing as the Enterprise - meh, done it before, and it doesn't look like your interface is much more than point and shoot. Which, really, it needs to be more. Star Trek Legacy, travesty of a game that it was, was better than that.

And your animations... Chris Pine is thoroughly inside the uncanny valley. Get him out of there.

Worgen:
This looks like a total conversion for gears of war. I'm annoyed that probably the best Star Trek game is still Star Trek Online. I mean we have tons and tons of shooters, if I play Star Trek I want it to be something more interesting.

That's because Star Trek Online mostly gets what Star Trek is about, story, commanding the crew, away missions, and strategic space battles.

--------------------

On the ST game trailer:

I guess it is fitting that the new Star Trek movies get a game that matches with them.

By that I mean: Flashy and soulless.

Oh, did I mention I hate the new Star Trek with a passion?

There's a reason that every year and a half or so I watch all the different old Star Trek series over again, they actually have substance/character. Enterprise is the bottom of the barrel as the series goes and even it has a million times more substance than the new Star Trek.

New Star Trek is basically trashy action crap parading around in a one-tenth worked on falling apart paper Star Trek mask.

Sonic Doctor:

Worgen:

That's because Star Trek Online mostly gets what Star Trek is about, story, commanding the crew, away missions, and strategic space battles.

Too bad they implemented all those things like moldy ass, fermented in molasses at the city dump on the hottest day of the year.

KeyMaster45:

Sonic Doctor:

Too bad they implemented all those things like moldy ass, fermented in molasses at the city dump on the hottest day of the year.

It was serviceable enough that I played it for a little over six months on a PC that could just barely run it and got both a tactical and a science captain up to level cap, so I'm guessing they did something right.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to fit the elements. Really, the only thing STO needs to tweek a bit is the ground stuff, because I found the Space battling to be damn near perfect. One of the only things I had gripes about was how they calculated who gets the credit and items in space battles/battles in general, it stupidly being the one that gets the killing blow, no matter how much work was done by that person, instead of the proper "the person that started the battle with a enemy gets the items".

But as I said before:
Star Trek was never about flashy, "intense", and cheap action. What I got from the ST trailer here is, look at the graphics, pew-pew-pew, poorly done one-liners.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here