LoadingReadyRun: Harlem Shake

Pages PREV 1 2

Don Reba:

The Gentleman:
Also: Why didn't Paul save himself some time and resources and make a Meme beacon in the first place, you know, like Kathleen suggested?

Because Paul is Paul. The Paul is not to be questioned.

Oh, Paul. You can't not invent something that hurts somebody. Did you give your guinea pig superpowers or just scrambled his brains?

Rainforce:
I don't get it.
Harlem Shake is neither memorable, nor funny, nor annoying, nor stupid enough to be a meme.
There's so much better/WORSE stuff on the internet, why this?

I think Harlem Shake is popular because it is easy for almost anyone to reproduce.
More and more people I coming to understand what internet memes are, so a DIY meme is very appealing to the general public.

Best LRR. Ever. I don't think I've ever laughed so much at the series before.

I must admit, I really liked the "feel" of the episode - it was like a tight mini-sitcom cutting back and forth between Paul and the rest of the gang.

Huge props to Beej who properly stole the show with his gibbering whilst absorbing the memes and then the "Deal with it" line at the end, totally cracked me up.

Seriously, can we have more episodes like this? I loved it.

Wait... But I thought they were bros? Because kicking balls is funny? But the ball kicking robot already exists, so... where is this on the Commodore Hustle timeline?

Great episode, but I'm wondering, is this a sort of official announcement that Graham and Paul won't do an Atelier game Let's Play ...
Seems like everybody would like to see that, or at least me and that guy in the video with the vendetta...

Zydrate:

Hitchmeister:
You guys had me worried. I refuse to watch any Harlem Shake videos, and I have not yet. I didn't even know it was a thing until yesterday, but it sounded so stupid that I want nothing to do with it.

Seems like an overreaction. Memes are nothing more than running jokes.

Watch a couple, and move on. I think the Army and Swimteam are the best two. And one Slenderman was pretty clever (No dancing, he just "killed" the people).

That's all I need. The rest are just flash mobs.

I heard they're like 30 seconds long. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Captcha knows: instantly skip

Andy Shandy:
I don't suppose someone could make a "Deal with it" gif from when Beej did it could they, that was just fantastic.

I have tried, but to no avail (or at least one that looks any good)

It's possible, but Beej is out-of-focus in that shot (intentionally), so it would be blurry. If you still want it, I'll do it.

SirPlindington:
Wait... But I thought they were bros? Because kicking balls is funny? But the ball kicking robot already exists, so... where is this on the Commodore Hustle timeline?

Yeah, we're cool with "cH Geoff" now, but he still likes to prod us.

You know you owe us a Harlem Shake at Desert Bus now!

Classic comedy: the best Harlem Shake of all was the one that never came.

Also, grats on next year's Auction Light,
itself a pseudo-meme in Desert Bus...
or will there be another?
-BermaShave

...sorry, that was bad.

Rainforce:
I don't get it.
Harlem Shake is neither memorable, nor funny, nor annoying, nor stupid enough to be a meme.
There's so much better/WORSE stuff on the internet, why this?

People like dancing. People like bandwagons. People like costumes. People like stuff that's easy to do. Hey look! It's a dancing bandwagon full of easy costumes!

Its slightly embarrassing how much I enjoyed the all your farts video, but that was some early 2000s awesomeness right there

Slappybob:

You think anyone is going to remember this meme by then?

Needs more "wizarding"
I'm still hoping it'll become a meme.

Hitchmeister:
You guys had me worried. I refuse to watch any Harlem Shake videos, and I have not yet. I didn't even know it was a thing until yesterday, but it sounded so stupid that I want nothing to do with it.

I'm glad to see you are taking such a moral stance on one of the important issues of our day. You sir are obviously a man of strength and determination.

varmintx:

Slappybob:

You think anyone is going to remember this meme by then?

You wish! I keep a list of Desert Bus ideas.

that was great, loved it!

I've never seen a Harlem Shake video. Deal with it B-)

Ahh hail Beej! Master of memes!

You either need a bat signal with the reddit robot, or with a cat with a cheeseburger. Also the face on the meme-stream device is adorable and made my day.

There is so much meta in this video...

Darth_Payn:

Don Reba:

The Gentleman:
Also: Why didn't Paul save himself some time and resources and make a Meme beacon in the first place, you know, like Kathleen suggested?

Because Paul is Paul. The Paul is not to be questioned.

Oh, Paul. You can't not invent something that hurts somebody. Did you give your guinea pig superpowers or just scrambled his brains?

This is why he's Paul

Sorry, was just wondering why that meme hadn't been mentioned in this thread yet!

It seems the Harlem Shake really is a bad thing.

I just heard about a high school hockey team having to forfeit their Section 1 state playoff game apparently because of their Harlem Shake video...

...most likely because of the guy with a sock on his dick.

If you really wanna see it, then search "high school hockey harlem shake". I don't want to put the YouTube video here...

Twenty bucks? That's outrageous!

Zydrate:

Seems like an overreaction. Memes are nothing more than running jokes.

Jokes?

Wow, the plotline with Beej escalated quickly!

:P

le funny reddit maymay xD

No, seriously, this was kinda cringeworthy.

Slappybob:

The best time to do it would be when recovering from a planned stream loss. Have the stream go down with one person dancing (though don't tell the chat), and then flash mob already dancing when it comes back up.

Speaking as a life-long Portlander, Beaverton is kinda crap. Really, really, kind of crap. It gets away with a lot because Nike world HQ is out there, but still. . . crap.

wackelpudding:
Do I want to know what exactly a Harlem Shake is?

That is what happens when you kill and eat a member of the Harlem Globetrotters. You get the Harlem shake.

Ryan Hughes:
Speaking as a life-long Portlander, Beaverton is kinda crap. Really, really, kind of crap. It gets away with a lot because Nike world HQ is out there, but still. . . crap.

Speaking as a second lifelong Portland (who's own quantity of meme's spawned it's own television show somehow) native, I'll definitely be bringing up the fact that even Canadian comedians know to make fun of Beaverton in the next week or so.
Besides, they missed the randomness that makes the rest of the city at times insane and at times awesome. So borrriinnnggggggggg.

Inuprince:
Great episode, but I'm wondering, is this a sort of official announcement that Graham and Paul won't do an Atelier game Let's Play ...
Seems like everybody would like to see that, or at least me and that guy in the video with the vendetta...

You know, they could always play one of the Atelier (or associated) games that have more storyline. Atelier Ayesha might have more, though I don't know since it's not out for a couple of weeks. Atelier Iris (1-3) all have more storyline, mostly in associated characters. Mana Khemia 1 & 2 actually have quite a bit more (still character driven) storyline. Of course, you'd need to break out the PS2 for iris and mana khemia.

I skipped the last Lets Play they did. If they did Mana Khemia or Atelier Iris, I'd watch it from start to finish...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=442561992480235

ladies and gents

Portal Harlam shake

for the win

Slappybob:

+1 and at least it's shorter than Caramelldansen :)

You know, I went through that whole video thinking that the "Harlem Shake" was a cleverly renamed meme designed to represent Gangnam Style or something, but now (a few weeks later), I find out that this "Harlem Shake" is actually a meme itself. So unfortunately, I don't think the video is quite so clever anymore.
But I do have to question how viral this meme really is that I've never come across it until now.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here