Trailers: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Exploration

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Exploration

Take a trip through the world of Final Fantasy with a group of chocobo riders.

Watch Video

Well, it's nice to see an announcement trailer with gameplay for a change.

But why do I feel like this is an MMO type thing?

TheNaut131:

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you have a lot of posts here which implies you're a regular, so I'm curious. Have you read any Final Fantasy news in the last 4 years, much of which has been posted on The Escapist? Or another particular FFXIV article that has been posted on The Escapist today? Or the tags on this video?

EmperorSubcutaneous:

TheNaut131:

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you have a lot of posts here which implies you're a regular, so I'm curious. Have you read any Final Fantasy news in the last 4 years, much of which has been posted on The Escapist? Or another particular FFXIV article that has been posted on The Escapist today? Or the tags on this video?

I...honestly have been out of the loop for awhile.

And just saw the link to the article a few minutes ago.

And the tags didn't say anything about it being an MMO.

And now I'm going to crawl into my hole of shame.

TheNaut131:

EmperorSubcutaneous:

TheNaut131:

Don't feel bad. I've seen a few people who have said things like "Well SE hasn't even announced FFXIV yet, we have no idea what kind of game it will be," and it always makes my head turn upside down. It seemed to me that when XIV was first released, the entire internet imploded and SE became the laughing stock of the world. But maybe my corner of the internet is smaller than I thought.

EmperorSubcutaneous:

TheNaut131:

EmperorSubcutaneous:

Don't feel bad. I've seen a few people who have said things like "Well SE hasn't even announced FFXIV yet, we have no idea what kind of game it will be," and it always makes my head turn upside down. It seemed to me that when XIV was first released, the entire internet imploded and SE became the laughing stock of the world. But maybe my corner of the internet is smaller than I thought.

Honestly, I thought I was paying attention to Final Fantasy XIV because I kinda-semi-liked Final Fantasy XI, but I didn't realize that Final Fantasy XIV had actually been released, much less left beta. I wonder why this title seems to insist on going under the radar.

This trailer gives me the impression that it wants to be epic, but I don't get a feeling of epicness from it. Though that might be an after effect from how much I used to play XI. Having more then two monsters in combat at once was usualy an accedent, but if the party could take out three or four at the same time without a player death it made us feel epic, even if we were only fighting monsters half our size.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 51590)