The Escapist Presents: PlayStation 4 Game Trailers

PlayStation 4 Game Trailers

A line up of all the gameplay footage and trailers shown at Sony's PS4 Announcement event.

Watch Video

If Watch Dogs were a PS4 exclusive, it would be a day 1 purchase for me. Just putting that out there.

Wow... Watch Dogs just keeps pulling at me with every second of the trailer.
Other than that, meh. It was cool to see a InFamous sequel but nothing really caught my eye... That "Dark Souls-Wannabe" was giving me a pretty good laugh though.

MikeWehner:
If Watch Dogs were a PS4 exclusive, it would be a day 1 purchase for me. Just putting that out there.

While I don't think the game looks bad at all, I simply don't understand the fervor Watch_Dogs is generating. Everyone is going crazy for that game and all I see is re-skinned Assassin's Creed. What am I missing?

Slycne:

MikeWehner:

While I don't think the game looks bad at all, I simply don't understand the fervor Watch_Dogs is generating. Everyone is going crazy for that game and all I see is re-skinned Assassin's Creed. What am I missing?

Having an Assassin's Creed feel was exactly my first thoughts when watching the trailer, but then I own all three and brotherhood so I'm ok with that. But who cares if that gameplay and feeling is similar, so are all 1st person shooters. The familiarity draws you in, the graphics, story, and gameplay that sets it apart keeps me interested. The concept is also a lot like the TV show 'Person of Intrest', which I also happen to like.

Uh oh, guess that means Yahtzee will have to take Infamous 2's award away "and give to Mine Craft or something".

Wellp...Knack certainly looks innaresting, but of course that depends how it pans out beyond the Dreamworks-alike trailer bits; don't know why it'd need to be a PS4 launch title though...

The Witness? Isn't there a game out now that looks and sounds very similar (Proteus)? Either way, nice to see quite a unique title as a launch title.

Infamous Second Son? Well the environments certainly look innaresting, hard to say about the rest, probably typical graphical powerhouse, remains to be seen whether it plays well.

Killzone? See above. Nice to see things being a bit more colourful than the usual at least. Not all that enthralling a trailer, this is supposed to sell us on the game?

Watch_Dogs? Well, it's a bunch of interesting concepts, and gameplay ideas, like Assassin's Creed/La Noire but expanded, but then again, Ubisoft didn't exactly handle AssCreed III all that well, in my opinion, depends who's working on it I guess. Hope we'll be able to turn some of those on screen prompts off. Let's also hope it turns out as open-world as the trailer implies...all that being scripted/linear would certainly look pretty but play nowhere near as well. Still, even if it is, let's hope there are multiple options.

itchcrotch:
Uh oh, guess that means Yahtzee will have to take Infamous 2's award away "and give to Mine Craft or something".

Yeah, I was thinking just that too.

Watch_Dogs looks cool, but every single one of these other trailers was fucking terrible. Especially the first, what the fuck kind of trailer is that?

I find it hard to believe that DriveClub's graphics will look anything like that outside of a pre-rendered cut scene :)

Other than that I'm excited for the new consoles because I find them interesting. I won't be buying one as I have a PC, but if someone gave me one I'd be more than happy :)

Failing to see anything justifying a new console generation here.

Slycne:

MikeWehner:

I look at the game and yeah I definitely felt an assassin's creed vibe to it. However the movement and everything seems more real, it's almost like I was watching the original assassin's creed trailer for the first time and thinking wow it actually looks like you can do those things. Not to mention it's set in a near future setting, something that everyone was wondering how ubisoft was going to pull off with Desmond, but let us down with just a couple parkour setups and taking down some security guards.

So I found out that Watch_Dogs is coming out for PC and suddenly I don't feel like I need a PS4 anymore... But in all seriousness, that game did look fairly interesting. Hopefully non-scripted events will be just as fantastic. If so, it might be an early purchase from me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here