Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Last Guardian

Let's not talk about it.

Read Full Article

...Ico is ADORABLE.

Eppy (Bored):
...Ico is ADORABLE.

He deserves a hug. XD

Also, this isn't the princess he was hoping for.

Couldn't it have been a female sandwich board lunatic? Lets get some representation Sony!

Chrono212:
Couldn't it have been a female sandwich board lunatic? Lets get some representation Sony!

Your avatar is adorable!

OT: I feel bad for the guy who she's holding hands with, looks like its being crushed.

dementis:

Chrono212:

Your avatar is adorable!

OT: I feel bad for the guy who she's holding hands with, looks like its being crushed.

Thank you!

I think we all have to admit now that the best case scenario is the Last Guardian never gets released. Because they missed an entire console generation, that's not polishing a product until it's perfect, thats chronic failure and mismanagement. I'd rather The Last Guardian was The Game That Never Was rather than have another Duke Nukem or Aliens: CM

Fun fact: The Last Guardian was part of the reason I bought a PS3.

Yeah, I feel like such a smart guy now.

Good thing Journey came along.

Maybe they're putting it on the PS4?

Didn't they change the main character from a young girl to a young boy for this because they didn't want to give the girl shorts? I'm still hopeful that this game is alive but that's still a decision that makes me worry.

Good comic. Love how cute the kid looks and the split teeth in the dude on stage.

I remember the last guardian being announced years and years ago, is that the same one?

Don't worry, this story is "open ended".

Good one. Might've been even funnier if ICO was the sandwish board lunatic.

Ishal:
I remember the last guardian being announced years and years ago, is that the same one?

Yes, it is ... deep sigh.

Ico? That was the first time my question was answered right away. This happens when I don't know the games, but eh, that's my lack of knowledge.

Sony isn't known for making fans happy these days, though they did something that impressed folks here recently (don't remember off the top of my head--haven't had my morning coffee). It would be nice to see ONE, if only ONE, of the real major players rebuild good relations with fans.

'The Last Guardian'. The 'Stanley Kubrick's 'Napoleon'' of the games world anyone? I still remember watching that glorious trailer. That was 2010 goddamm it!

The question is, other than fans of earlier titles, will the game be able to make it in the future market it falls into should it actually be finished?

The games going to suck. All this time, all the previews and artwork, and they still havnt released it yet? Wasnt it supposed to be released 2 years ago? Yeah, im all for games taking there time to make them great, but 2 years and still no news or even a bull park release date? Nope somethings wrong.

Also, if this was now a PS4 game, then they should have said that at the event - would have been a big plus point for the PS4.

Yeah... I have no faith this will ever see the light of day. I have come to peace with it.

Still sucks, though.

Chrono212:

There is no market for a female lunatic! Our market will not support it!

VanQQisH:
Didn't they change the main character from a young girl to a young boy for this because they didn't want to give the girl shorts? I'm still hopeful that this game is alive but that's still a decision that makes me worry.

Yeah, The Last Guardian did have its protagonist changed from a girl to a boy. However, I'm willing to bet money that the long periods of silence aren't due to that small change. Personally, I'm thinking it more has to do with the power/architecture of the PS3 limiting what Team ICO wants to do with the game.

Kinda makes me sad that there is still no news about the game coming out.

I still have a tiny amount of hope though.

At this rate, the game will get delayed to the point where they change their mind and release it for the PS4. Then it will get delayed for the PS4 and not come out like it did with the PS3.

Maybe this is all an elaborate scheme to sell consoles with the promise of the game, then never deliver.

Maybe the whole thing is:

there you go, problem solved!

( still kinda wondering if this is 'Actually' the pun or not... :S )

if so, do i get a cookie for getting it?

Zachary Amaranth:

Chrono212:

Well if the female lunatics were put in a more prominent position, such as project lead lunatic or even chief lunatic officer, there would be more of a visible market!

This is one of the reasons I got a PS3 in the first place

now becomes:

This is one of the reasons I got a PS4 in the first place

YAY. Go Sony! Oh well I'm sure it will be released at some point. Maybe under Gearbox's effort? I heard they like games stuck in a long release cycle :D

Eppy (Bored):
...Ico is ADORABLE.

It took me a while to realize that that was a hallucination and not a cosplayer...

FinalDream:

now becomes:

YAY. Go Sony! Oh well I'm sure it will be released at some point. Maybe under Gearbox's effort? I heard they like games stuck in a long release cycle :D

Quiet you fool! Do you want them to think that they now can rely on demos to sell not one, but two systems. We'll reach critical hype mass within a week!

In all seriousness though I would have really liked to play it Team Ico definitively earns my trust in the "when it's finished" release date. Same with Valve.

Edit: Purple texted that just in case.

I'm going to keep faith in them and say it'll be released eventually. They're actually doing what most developers wouldn't do- hold it back and work with it until it's perfect. Most games that are rushed out the door had potential but because of time thus not enough improvement makes it a lousy game (most of the time).

So props to them, and though they may of been doing it quite a bit with this game I won't stop believing until they announce it's not going to be released. With a game like this however, they will want to finish and make it their finest work yet.

That last panel surprise is hilarious AND foreboding! A winning combination!
And yay, the halucinatory video game characters are back! She's relapsing, right?

Zhukov:

I'm sure you've played plenty more then Journey, right?

Ah, we all make mistakes, you're still alright in my book. I was dumb enough to preorder and get he special edition of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and was so mad when they announced the Ultimate version (for some reason, I didn't think Capcom would do it since they never had with that franchise before...) that I sold my copy of the original to a friend and refuse to play another of their games. Still haven't since.

I've yet to play Journey, it sounds awesome, but $30 NZD is a bit steep for such a short game to me, I know I should think quality over quantity, but the thought still bugs me a bit.

As for The Last Guardian, I'm no longer looking forward to it, it's been too long and I was recently stung with the mediocrity of Aliens Colonial Marines (That said, I still had some fun with the multiplayer, but at least I held off on the season pass. Statue was cool though.)and its long development time was bad for it so yeah.

The Lugz:
Maybe the whole thing is:

there you go, problem solved!

( still kinda wondering if this is 'Actually' the pun or not... :S )

if so, do i get a cookie for getting it?

No but you get a cookie anyway for thinking up your own:

Zhukov:

FinalDream:

now becomes:

It was about 90% of the reason for me as well. If it ends up being out on the Ps4, this time I'm going to wait for it to actually be released before I get one. Oddly enough I hope that it is on the Ps4, it would give a good reason for the 2 year delay given that it was almost in a playable state two years ago.

As Fumito Ueda has finally given a statement about it, I'm a bit less worried about the project having been taken out of his hands and that being the reason for him leaving Sony. I'm still more doubtful about the game than I was two years ago, but now his departure doesn't look nearly as damning for the game, and it looks like it actually might be released sometime soon

Chrono212:

Zachary Amaranth:

Chrono212:

Well if the female lunatics were put in a more prominent position, such as project lead lunatic or even chief lunatic officer, there would be more of a visible market!

Guys, role with me here, I think we can appeal to a wider market if the female lunatic was wearing a old, crusty bikini and had a bi-polar, love/hate relationship with our audience.

PunkRex:

Chrono212:

Zachary Amaranth:

Guys, role with me here, I think we can appeal to a wider market if the female lunatic was wearing a old, crusty bikini and had a bi-polar, love/hate relationship with our audience.

I think I can see what you're getting at...but is the bikini really necessary?

Chrono212:

PunkRex:

Chrono212:

I think I can see what you're getting at...but is the bikini really necessary?

It is the lice riddled lynch-pin of this stratagem!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here