The Last Guardian

Pages PREV 1 2

PunkRex:

Chrono212:

PunkRex:

Guys, role with me here, I think we can appeal to a wider market if the female lunatic was wearing a old, crusty bikini and had a bi-polar, love/hate relationship with our audience.

I think I can see what you're getting at...but is the bikini really necessary?

It is the lice riddled lynch-pin of this stratagem!

What about something ironic, like wearing a tattered Sony branded bag?

Zhukov:
Fun fact: The Last Guardian was part of the reason I bought a PS3.

Yeah, I feel like such a smart guy now.

Good thing Journey came along.

Same here buddy.

I'm really depressed by the delay of The Last Guardian.It's been ages since I've looked forward to a game like this. Cancellation would break my heart.

BrotherRool:
I think we all have to admit now that the best case scenario is the Last Guardian never gets released. Because they missed an entire console generation, that's not polishing a product until it's perfect, thats chronic failure and mismanagement. I'd rather The Last Guardian was The Game That Never Was rather than have another Duke Nukem or Aliens: CM

I agree. After all these years, there is no way the game will live up to expectations.

Sony will never admit defeat, but we are all better off with the thought of what Last Guardian could have been that the crude reality of what (god forbid) it will.

The Lugz:
Maybe the whole thing is:

there you go, problem solved!

( still kinda wondering if this is 'Actually' the pun or not... :S )

if so, do i get a cookie for getting it?

I've seen that Sony logo around and thought it was the joke as well. lol

Though DVS BSTrD said no, and after reading it a second time it wasn't.

Chrono212:

PunkRex:

Chrono212:
I think I can see what you're getting at...but is the bikini really necessary?

It is the lice riddled lynch-pin of this stratagem!

What about something ironic, like wearing a tattered Sony branded bag?

Appealing to the hipster crowd, GENIUS!!!

I lost hope for this game like a year or two ago. I'd say there's a 45% chance it won't be released and a 45% chance it will be released in a severely crippled state due to its rough release cycle. That leaves a 10% chance the game turns out to be just as good as everything I've come to expect of Team Ico (Ico and SotC are my two favorite games). So I guess I haven't lost all hope...please make a good game, please please please.

Also, love that she was squeezing a real person's hand. Hilarious.

Why not just let Team Ico (OT: OMG CUTE ICO DRAWING SO CUTE OMG:3) take their time and finish The Last Guardian, spawning it into one of the greatest games ever made, and make it a PS3 exclusive anyways? I mean cmon lets add a little anarchy in the game industry and NOT listen to Sony.

Its not like anyone is gonna be buying a PS4 first day right? Ri....... Right?!....................................

This game is so fucking dead, but then its heart already stopped beating the moment Fumito Ueda left the project.

Bye bye, Team Ico.

As I think Penny Arcade once put it, there's only two ways that game could've ended:

1) the boy dies

2) the guardian dies

That is to say, I don't miss Last Guardian too much. But it IS a symbol of new ips never being allowed to take off.

Anyway, I love to see that recently this comic is returning to make me laugh with nice jokes! :D This is why I was following it!

Now would be a good time to switch gears and drop it on the PS4 or Wii-U. They might as well take their time and just hop on the next console train when it leaves the station.

My heart skips a beat every time I see that title... STILL.

I have an on-going betting pool with my friends about whether The Last Guardian is released/cancelled first or Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

rhodo:
As I think Penny Arcade once put it, there's only two ways that game could've ended:

1) the boy dies

2) the guardian dies

That is to say, I don't miss Last Guardian too much. But it IS a symbol of new ips never being allowed to take off.

Anyway, I love to see that recently this comic is returning to make me laugh with nice jokes! :D This is why I was following it!

The boy dies and then the Guardian commits suicide after failing in it's task. But the pureness of it's intentions when it killed itself revived the boy, who then walks outside and gets hit by a truck.

THE END.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or