Unskippable: Tales of Graces F - Part One

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tales of Graces F - Part One

Two friends are out adventuring when suddenly ... ANIME!

Watch Video

That girl is a flower because her hair color is the flower's color?

That WOULD make sense. Seems to make lots more sense than most stuff in JRPGs. Sure, we'll go with that.

This game is actually good. Shame Namco Bandai held Xillia hostage in exchange for sales for this one.

Being 11 and going where you want seems to be about right for the JRPG maturity scale, considering how young ALL of the major characters are in nearly ALL such games.

This coincides with the Logan's Run Rule.

There's going to be a part 2? I think I'm going to need more coffee to make it through a part 2.

My theory: She's the girl from Arc Rise Fantasia and she wandered into the wrong game.
On a side note, this has to be the oddest JRPG I've ever seen and that's even by JRPG standards.

One wonders if she has trouble not tripping on those pigtails ...

TheSchaef:
Being 11 and going where you want seems to be about right for the JRPG maturity scale, considering how young ALL of the major characters are in nearly ALL such games.

They're only kids in the prologue. After that, there's a time jump of about 7 years.

RaikuFA:
This game is actually good. Shame Namco Bandai held Xillia hostage in exchange for sales for this one.

After being thoroughly annoyed by Tales of the Abyss and not even bothering with Legendia or Vesperia, I did not exactly come into this game with much enthusiasm. I'm rather shocked by just how much I enjoyed it.

Answering questions by repeating them? Like a Boss
A BIG boss

Mydnyght:

That WOULD make sense. Seems to make lots more sense than most stuff in JRPGs. Sure, we'll go with that.

I was just going to say: because anime is weird like that.

O crap! Paul knows too much.

Call the president.

I loved this episode... Not in the least because, now I feel like booting the game up.
A friend gave this to me a while back, I let it sit on my shelf for like 6 months, then I booted it up... first reaction: "Egh... it'll be one of those games, huh?" mixed with "It's so lucky the combat's fun..."
But... It really grew on me. Which suprised me. It's really not the kind of game I usually go for but... Oddly enough I found myself enjoying it enough to play it through to the end, which is rare for me and JRPGs.

Well, all that, and the episode made me laugh, and I needed a good laugh.

a girl/woman who is a flower............smells like Wolf's Rain

"Mind... Blown -.-" Brilliant end, thank you

OT: Woo for Namco Bandai.

rOT: Good episode guys, a couple of chuckles.

Probably wildly inappropriate given the age of the characters, but am I the only one who thought "It's dangerous to sleep out here --- alone..."?

Hey guys, I write redundant dialogue for my RPG games. People in my videogames (roleplaying) say things we've already heard and know about

TheSchaef:

They're only kids in the start of the game, the rest of the game is them fully grown as kings and princes battling for rule over the various realms. The childhood section is basically the tutorial part.

Nope not flowers, its ALIENS! or cyborg or both.

A character in a JRPG/anime has amnesia, take a shot!

"That is a big-ass tree"

Have you been watching Game Grumps, Graham? :P

Slash Joel:

Alien Cyborg Flower? that would make sense as well

If the world were a Halo, that'd be a pretty good setting/plot twist.

RaikuFA:

Yeah, I love this game and I actually bought a PS3 just for this game... also Tales of Xillia... Hopefully both 1 and 2 makes it to Europe.

Mydnyght:

I thought exactly that when she first turned up in the game, they even name her Sophie after one of the flowers. Its so obvious that she is a flower person, I've played enough of these games to know how this shit works.

Then much later in the game, you find out her back story and its...

Slash Joel:

Yep. I was quite disappointed by that reveal.

'Do you like flowers? Here, let me kill one for you...'

I laughed.

She looks like she belongs in a Dr Seuss book...

...then... THE EYEBALLS!

fuck butterflies

..You guys should a anime month of unskippable. Just find weird animes and go nuts. :3

It'd be like the lets play! Another thing that should be done again.

*Mind blown*

Wait, he said they were going to Lhant hill, then introduced himself as Asbel Lhant, didn't he? Why are they not allowed to go to a hill named after them? Did their father discover it and found some secrets he didn't want them to find? What is going on!

Lonewolfm16:
Wait, he said they were going to Lhant hill, then introduced himself as Asbel Lhant, didn't he? Why are they not allowed to go to a hill named after them? Did their father discover it and found some secrets he didn't want them to find? What is going on!

He didn't want them to go there because he's worried they might be killed or badly injured by the monsters. Or just, you know, maybe trip and end up falling off the cliff. That's pretty much it.

As soon as I saw the thumbnail and knew it was JRPG/Anime-ish, I knew it was gonna be good! XD

FIrst speech bubbles, then anime, then subtitles... dammit game, pick a style and stick with it!

...I don't know, the girl actually being a flower seems entirely plausible for a JRPG mysterious waif character. I could totally believe that.

The story actually gets pretty in depth and political later on. Combat is damn fun too.

From what I've played of it so far and having loved Symphonia previously I'd say that both JRPG lovers and people who aren't massive fans of them (but not JRPG haters) should check out the series.

JRPGs in Unskippable?
Why thank you sir!

Just love all the nonsense.
Infact I may have to go back and watch that first Let's Play you guys did.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here