Reel Physics: Torque - Motorcycle Swerving

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Torque - Motorcycle Swerving

Just how agile is a motorcycle? This week we find out.

Watch Video

Can your mind handle the power of the Torque? Let's hope you guys have a better time than we did!

Thanks for watching and we look forward to your feedback and comments!

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

I remember that movie and not thinking it was that bad, but I had forgotten about this scene... and the scene where they were fighting on motorcycles... maybe I shouldn't go back and watch it again.

Maybe you should try something more plausible next time
Like StarBuck's Viper pushing Apollo's back into the landing bay on the premier of Battlestar Galactica.

Assassin Xaero:
I remember that movie and not thinking it was that bad, but I had forgotten about this scene... and the scene where they were fighting on motorcycles... maybe I shouldn't go back and watch it again.

It's great ridiculous fun, it just has no relationship at all with physical reality.

Assassin Xaero:

Is this that movie that had 2 girls with motorcycles and they were like like fighting on them?

Marik2:

Assassin Xaero:

Is this that movie that had 2 girls with motorcycles and they were like like fighting on them?

You mean this scene? Yeah, it is.

Assassin Xaero:

Marik2:

Assassin Xaero:

You mean this scene? Yeah, it is.

Yup that, thought they would have focused on that

They should do it

Great show, guys!

I never watched Torque, and this clip doesn't make me want to change that. I preferred the all-out silly physics of Advent Children.

That film looks like the European answer to the Kollywood film Endhiran.

And the cow picture was... a tad bit overused.

DVS BSTrD:
Like StarBuck's Viper pushing Apollo's back into the landing bay on the premier of Battlestar Galactica.

Now that is some proper physics.

I can't be the only one here seized by a sudden desire to watch Torque.

Preferably while mildly drunk.

Ok this has got to be the most funniest episode yet!
I remember hearing about that film althought I had never watched it due to the bomb reviews it had gotten. I'm glad I didn't watched it thanks to that clip alone.

When is the Mu Cow merch available?

Watching some of these movies made me feel like some people never played with toys or had toy cars when they were little. All they had to do it push some toy cars over a ramp couples of time and know some of the shit they put on screen can't happen.

DVS BSTrD:

I agree, as funny is it is to make fun of terrible movies with ridiculous action scenes, it's more interesting if the physics at least seem remotely realistic. It almost feels like phoning it in when the scene in question is as unrealistic as this week was.

Avaholic03:

DVS BSTrD:

I agree, as funny is it is to make fun of terrible movies with ridiculous action scenes, it's more interesting if the physics at least seem remotely realistic. It almost feels like phoning it in when the scene in question is as unrealistic as this week was.

It's like: Why even bother asking if that's possible? We know it isn't.

Zhukov:
I can't be the only one here seized by a sudden desire to watch Torque.

Preferably while mildly drunk.

You are not, for I too have that sudden desire. I'd join you if you'd let me.

OT: Oh god, guys... Those broom jokes at the end... It's best you just sweep them under the rug.
:D

well, yes this one was a hole shot

also for anyone wondering, any kind of octane based fuel doesn't burn in the way it did in the clip

seriously, if you have some fuel lay a line and light it it's AMAZINGLY slow.. you can walk past it
except don't because you'll probably be arrested or something... 'rolls eyes'

The whole ending sequence of that movie is bs, both bikes are moving so fast that the human brain could no longer process the information fast enough not allowing them to react in time to anything.

Oh guys the reason the Cruiser is moving so fast is nitrous, yes thats the movies explaination for that.

I was cringing every time they pronounced "myoo" as "moo". I offer the following visual correction:

I wish you would test if its possible for a bike to outrun its own fuel caught on fire, like they do in this movie. I remember Top Gear doing something similar with a corvette and managed to get out ahead, but I have no idea how plausible it really is.

That intermission... did someone let Arnold Rimmer pick the music?

You know, these videos are just a couple of guys saying "blah, blah, blah" for about 5 minutes as far as my brain is concerned... and yet I'm compelled to watch, fascinated, every week.

Avaholic03:

DVS BSTrD:

Just want to offer a quietly dissenting opinion - I really liked the idea of trying to find _something_ to measure in such an over-the-top and unbelieveable scene. I found myself less concerned with whether or not it could be done than interested in the challenge of finding something verifiable in such schlock. Neat episode.

I drive a motorcycle and can safely say that everything you saw in that clip is real!

From what I understand, MovieBob actually likes this movie: ''One word: Bike-Fu'' (Fast Five review for those who are wondering).

Anyway, I never would have given this movie much credit to begin with, so they gave it a better chance then I did. Unfortunatley, I was still right. He. What about that. A movie so over the top that it simply becomes entertaining, yeah, I guess you should give it a chance to redeem itself a little bit.

Quaxar:

And the cow picture was... a tad bit overused.

Such a thing is not possible. There can be no overuse of Mu Cow. Mu Cow is the all-seeing, all-knowing shining one. ALL HAIL THE MU COW!

Every time I saw μ Cow my brain said micro.

My, Mee, Myoo, and micro are all valid ways to say μ actually. It just depends on if you are using ancient greek, modern greek, common english, or measurement pronunciation.

Do Wanted! Either the super long snipe or the bullet bending. Heck, do both!

Hey, I thought of a scene I'd like to see on Reel Physics - smashing through the frozen iron bars at the end of Demolition Man! How brittle can frozen metal actually get?

I just watched a few parts of this movie and it's even more crazy than what's shown here.

Dips on the Blu-ray, I gotta see that.

And that movie totally deserves a videogame.

Neat episode guys, I really enjoy these shows, for their ludicrous displays being brought down to earth.

On a related topic, my brother just got his physics paper about a Spiderman 2 scene published, and I figured it would be interesting to those who watch this show (and make it):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/spiderman-train-spider-silk-subway-stop_n_2759781.html

The math is all at the link at the bottom, so feel free to double check it ;)

i have learned from this video that whenever you need 1 of anything the answer is always a cow

Guys, you are so immature... The outtakes had me in stitches! haha, Keep up the good work.

Also at the start of the video I wondered why you were covering a complete bullsh*t scene from a really crappy looking movie, then you went on to provide more entertainment than I can ever imagine pulling from that movie.

Thanks guys x

The Monty Python reference was perfect.

And I've heard of that film before, but had never seen any of it. Now I've seen a bit of it... ..dear god its awful.

i've heard some of these words before. . .

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here