Every Game Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Attention everyone:

BOOOOOOOOOBS.

That will be all.

Though you could've used a smoother transition in size from panel 2 to 3.

Well, at least its true for games about someone trying to release the evil macguffin.

This strip is really becoming one of my favorite things on the web!

VanQQisH:
Why does the blonde girl look kinda anime-ish it's not really your usual styl... oh wait, the ever-expanding boobs. It's gotta be the boobs.

I didnt even notice this the first time I read the comic, not until I looked at the comments and did a double take at the comic.

Did anyone notice that the gaps of the bars are wide enough to allow her to get out... but then again maybe her breasts might get stuck...

This comic just reminds me that cliches and stereotypes need to die.

Not a single game I've played these years contained that kind of plot. Guess it's the consumers'fault for choosing the wrong videogame to buy....

Are her boobs getting steadily larger in each panel? Still after so much cod I'm finding myself missing the giant unimaginative boss battle.

Yes this was the plot to DMC.

You know what game didn't have this plot? Ape Escape. Go play Ape Escape.

Is this a comment on the whole concept of "Hero's Journey"?

RoonMian:

Me55enger:
Genericism: the last bastion of profit.

This and boobs getting bigger and bigger.

Lol, noticed too. I don't remember that happening in any games I've played though.

Funniest part of this comic is that it's true because, most games use a hero's journey structure.

For those that just need examples...

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Nearly every Super Mario game ever
Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3
Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2
Dark Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Deus Ex HR
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry series
Metal Gear Rising Revengance
Dead Space Series
etc...

Edit: messed up dis post plz delete

erttheking:

Lt. Rocky:
Interesting how a comic showing the cliches in games winds up showing a cliche in gamers. I've lost count of how many people are making note of the girl's chest size.

It makes one wonder: are we as two-dimensional as what we play or are exposed to?

What? When you put a massive chested woman in a comic, then make her breasts bigger and bigger to the point where in the end they're around the size of her freaking head, are people not supposed to point it out? I'm pretty sure that was the joke. I mean, I didn't think that it was funny, but you can't blame people for talking about it.

I didn't notice until I read people comments about it.
Just saiyin'.

Lex Darko:
Funniest part of this comic is that it's true because, most games use a hero's journey structure.

For those that just need examples...
*snip*
Nearly every Super Mario game ever
*snip*

I loved that part in the the first four Super Mario games when Mario decided to call it quits before a tragedy brought him back in. And the parts with his mentor were so touching and profound!

God dammit, Erin! I was looking forward to playing Generic Shooter Man.

Grey Carter:
ONLY YOU CAN SAVE VIDEOGAMES FROM THE SATIRISTS!

But how could you mock games? They are perfect.

Grey Carter:

UsefulPlayer 1:
I feel like this is the moment you maybe realize you're making fun of games because they are unsophisticated. Which is weird since video games are mostly for, you know, teenager/kids.

Its like demanding more variation in superhero cartoons.

Hey, thanks for reading.

1: It's not really about sophistication as it is satisfying narratives. Most games stick to the Hero's Journey arc because it's a very easy story to tell. What's weird is that many games deviate from that traditional arc in odd ways that make the game less satisfying. A great example of this is introducing an antagonist who harasses the player throughout the game, then having the "main boss" kill them, or killing them offscreen. Games are very good at giving players a sense of achievement, yet their narratives often directly contradict that aim.

2: The average gamer is 30, I think it's time we started demanding more from our entertainment.

3: Just because something is aimed at older kids/teens doesn't mean it has an excuse to be creatively bankrupt. "Young adult" lit is currently making a killing because it treats young readers with respect. I think games should do the same.

knight steel:

T_T.

Thank you for saying that. I feel so happy now, I'll think I dance!
Like this!

Wait, no! I can think of games that don't follow this thread! Like...

Uhh...

... Does Pokemon count?

I keep reading the comics title in the voice of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Every. Game. Everrr.

Make it stop, Oh God, make it stop!

I guess I feel a little pleased with myself that I didn't notice the increasing bust size thing until I read the comments.

That frame with the monster really reminded me of Half Life: Opposing Force. Aside from the woman about to fall into acid , you literally fight a final boss monster that looks like that (only yellowish green instead of red) whilst standing on a tiny catwalk that juts out from the left side of the room.

Yeah Opposing Force is not as great as everyone remembers.

That's how videogames would seem to someone who only plays the most overhyped AAA titles.

Only a handful of the games I played actually fit the pattern.

NinjaDeathSlap:

In order to qualify as hyperbole, it would have to be exaggerating something that actually exists as a noticeable trend.

Which it did. So you have no qualms, then? Seems like you shouldn't.

This is just Dead Space 3 actually. Don't really know any other game like this.

Okysho:
Actually, I think we need more games like the one represented in a comic. I can't remember the last time the "evil thing" was a giant tentacle monster and not some terrorist group or a an oversized humanoid commanded by a james bond villain holding the protagonists girlfriend over a pit of acid in a doom fortress.

Especially with the aesthetics shown in the comic. Seriously. It'd be hilarious!

I'd like to have even just have a James Bond Villain and a doom fortress, these days it's just generic villains who might as well twirl their mustache and don't really do much (the Enclave in Fallout 3: The Fanfictioning, Whathisname from Cod Blops: Revenge of Bob the bear).

Dr. McD:

Okysho:
Actually, I think we need more games like the one represented in a comic. I can't remember the last time the "evil thing" was a giant tentacle monster and not some terrorist group or a an oversized humanoid commanded by a james bond villain holding the protagonists girlfriend over a pit of acid in a doom fortress.

Especially with the aesthetics shown in the comic. Seriously. It'd be hilarious!

I'd like to have even just have a James Bond Villain and a doom fortress, these days it's just generic villains who might as well twirl their mustache and don't really do much (the Enclave in Fallout 3: The Fanfictioning, Whathisname from Cod Blops: Revenge of Bob the bear).

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to play some of the more generic game if they had a main villain who had a moustache and twirled it! It's all about faceless generic looking people and nukes.

Mr.Mattress:
... I don't remember any of Bowser's Minions ever trying to back stab him (Intentionally, I know in Super Paper Mario Count Blech was brainwashing Bowser's Troops, but that wasn't an intentional back stab on Bowsers End)... Nor do I remember Mario ever using a gun... And Bowser doesn't really release any great Evils, probably because he Is for all intents and purposes the Evil of the Game (Bowser doesn't release the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario 2, FYI).

That's because Mario doesn't have a story besides "Princess needs rescueing", so it would be kind of difficult for it to use video game cliche's

Damn, I was hoping that there would be more comics tagged with conveniently placed breasts to bolster our reader numbers. I am not a proud man.

Okysho:

Dr. McD:

Okysho:

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to play some of the more generic game if they had a main villain who had a mustache and twirled it! It's all about faceless generic looking people and nukes.

Even the generic villains are better than Fallout 3's retarded antagonists, with Colonel Girlyname's plan of "we must take over the purifier because... because of reasons so the writers can set up a sacrifice", Bethesda really can not write, or program, or animate.

Imp Emissary:

Where the hell did you get that GIF? I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in the strip before...

saintdane05:

Imp Emissary:

Where the hell did you get that GIF? I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in the strip before...

:D Cory make it special for this thread.

Grey posted it on page 3.

They get bigger every panel.

That's amazing.

Damn dem boobs got big. I mean, in the first panel, they already looked like E cups, and thats hardly small, but damn. I'd have long since lost attraction to those water balloons.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here