Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Pabst

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I was already to call you up on the whole "Terminator/Ballad of the Wind Fish" thing, but I just listened to it and WHAT THE HELL.

My childhood has been retroactively damaged.

...thanks for reminding me of the single greatest game I had on my Gameboy.

As somebody who has never played a Zelda game, I can honestly say that this one went straight over my head.

I'd be lying if I said it made me wish to play one though.

Legion:
As somebody who has never played a Zelda game, I can honestly say that this one went straight over my head.

I'd be lying if I said it made me wish to play one though.

It's a pretty basic booze joke to be honest. The triforce is divided into power wisdom and courage. Zelda gets Wisdom, Ganon power, and Link Courage. And how he has the triforce of liquid courage.

Drunken Heroes are getting younger and younger...

...And more cartoony apparently.

Who knows, maybe it's circling round and becoming charming again this way?

I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW BITCH! I alweady know! *hic*

DVS BSTrD:
I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW BITCH! I alweady know! *hic*

You, sir, have out-joked the joke and therefore win this thread.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

DVS BSTrD:

I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?

Yeah, Link's Awakening is definitely my favourite Zelda game.
I played that game to death on my step-dad's Gameboy, and later my Gameboy Colour.

Well, at least it didn't go on the carpet. Phew.

LINK! You're not old enough to get into the Milk Bar, how did you get that?

my favorite zelda too, by virtue of being the only one i finished since i never owned a nintendo console and the ones for the ds apparently suck.

and you know what was worse than the ending? the bird you got for the 7(?) dungeon just being gone when you finish, i loved that thing

snekadid:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

DVS BSTrD:

I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?

It's on the 3DS Virtual Console store right now. They made a huge deal of it at E3 when it was the 25th anniversary of Zelda =)

snekadid:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

DVS BSTrD:

I second this motion.

It's on the 3DS eShop for something like £5.39 or something stupid like that. Seriously why not just £5?...

Ukomba:

link was was probably wearing that cow mask.

Reincarnatedwolfgod:

Ukomba:

link was was probably wearing that cow mask.

Great, Cremia destroyed the world.

Man, I forgot what a fucked up game that was. Didn't it end up all being a dream anyway, and you woke up on a different beach and were like "guys, I had the craziest...actually fuck it, my waking life involves throwing boomerangs at pig monsters so I can rescue a princess. Never mind"

Well I guess that make sense where he got the courage from, he was drunk most of the time!

I would have had less of a problem with the ending of Link's Awakening if instead of waking up clinging to a piece of debris from a shipwreck you actually did wake up from a drunken blackout. Seriously the end of that game pissed me off.

Link's awakening was my favorite too... I have this nice 3d map of the island... and some day when I've got the level of patience that others have shown, I want to recreate it in minecraft.

What could Ganondorf possibly be writing up? A legal system? Death Notes? A memoir?

Link's Awakening FTW.Wake me up when they've made something better than that.

Stryc9:
I would have had less of a problem with the ending of Link's Awakening if instead of waking up clinging to a piece of debris from a shipwreck you actually did wake up from a drunken blackout. Seriously the end of that game pissed me off.

Agreed.

I put so much effort into that game and after I saw the ending... well, I wasn't happy. On the bright side though it had amazing music and you could totally steal from the shop... once, anyway. Just never go back in.

The fact today's strip is drawn to look like the art style in Wind Waker puts that game in new perspective. How else was boat able to talk to him?

Stryc9:

Wouldn;t it be funny if it was the same boat, and he was just drunk at the wheel?

This might explain Link's behavior about as well as being controlled by a player.
Quite funny, well done, gents.

SkarKrow:

snekadid:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

I second this motion.

It's on the 3DS eShop for something like £5.39 or something stupid like that. Seriously why not just £5?...

Because they want it to adjust to the American dollar as the standard, which is why all other currency prices look odd.

That unfortunate, I refuse to get the 3DS because its alot of money to pay for a big DS with a 3D setting I'd never ever use.... EVER. I'm much more interested in the VITA as far as handhelds go, with its massive PSONE library, now if only the memory cards weren't priced by crazy people, maybe I'd buy one.

Link, you're drunk go home.

Great stuff as always guys!

snekadid:

SkarKrow:

snekadid:

I second this motion.

Because they want it to adjust to the American dollar as the standard, which is why all other currency prices look odd.

That unfortunate, I refuse to get the 3DS because its alot of money to pay for a big DS with a 3D setting I'd never ever use.... EVER. I'm much more interested in the VITA as far as handhelds go, with its massive PSONE library, now if only the memory cards weren't priced by crazy people, maybe I'd buy one.

Well it's a lot more powerful than DS too but whatever.

The Vita itself needs it's price cutting down and so do the memory cards.

Link's Awakening was a wonderful game. That and Majora's Mask might be my favourites in the series. Zelda is probably the only franchise where I love every entry, though. Even The Adventure of Link!

I loved Link's Awakening. Best Zelda game for story and soundtrack, IMO. Even at the end when you do what needs to be done and you reach the credits and, at last, "The End" sign, about a second or two later you see Marin flying across the screen sounding like a seagull. Remember the dream she told you about when her and Link were at the beach?

She got her wish, after all. And I kuh-wied.

Also, honorable mention goes to WillRock07 for his remix of The Ballad of The Wind Fish:

I like a little lime in my Epona... i'll get my coat...

Link must be a university student as well if he's cheaping out on some good ol' Blue Ribbon.

It is funny how Ganondorf is all blasť with the situation.

That... wasn't funny. It also wasn't funny enough to deserve multiple panels of build-up. Also, if you're going to make a pun out of the title, you mind as well use the art style from said game and not from a different game. Would it be so much harder to use the Link to the Past aesthetic as opposed to the Wind Waker aesthetic? An entire comic devoted to a lame pun ending... well, they can't all be good.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here