Feed Dump: Trolls, Snakes and Honey Badgers

Pages PREV 1 2

Lilani:
I actually heard somewhere that if you have a goldfish in a small tank and then slowly put it into bigger and bigger tanks, it will grow to fit the tanks. I dunno if it's true, but if it is it would explain why the fish in lake Tahoe are getting big.

What it does not explain is why the fish are only the size of trout, and not the size of station wagons.

Well I know reptiles do that, but I've never heard of fish doing it. Then again I'm not a fish expert in the slightest, so I'm probably not the best person to say what a fish can/can't do.

I was bound to learn what a drag queen is at some point.

hpriamson:
I had no idea that the Warner Bros cartoon assembly line music had a name. So hooray for learning!

Yes. "Powerhouse," by Raymond Scott, and often re-arranged by Carl Stalling in his scores for Warner Bros. cartoons. (Carl Stalling cribbed from a lot of people.)

ewhac:

hpriamson:
I had no idea that the Warner Bros cartoon assembly line music had a name. So hooray for learning!

Yes. "Powerhouse," by Raymond Scott, and often re-arranged by Carl Stalling in his scores for Warner Bros. cartoons. (Carl Stalling cribbed from a lot of people.)

Here's a couple more cuts from Raymond Scott that Carl Stalling often cribbed and rearranged for his scores:

This is probably the best one they produced.

This was a pretty dark episode. But since both Alex and Kathleen got a guess right, that should mean nothing more than that dark days are ahead.

Obviously, you need to genetically engineer a type of gorilla that eats only snake meat.

Don't worry though, they will die out in winter.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to put a goldfish the size of a trout in an aquarium.

That would sound awesome.

That Goldfish thing is terrifying. I've got to say though, that is a horrible way to get rid of an invasive species. The wires endanger all lake dwellers,not just these interloper goldfish.

I must say I'm disappointed there was nothing on the Milwaukee Brewers having their Italian Sausage costume stolen. That would have been a great story to have people guess why they had the costume.

I SAW THAT ICICLE! :D

Oh and the snake story and the crew's reaction to it had me laughing like nuts.

Oh that was a brilliant Homestuck opening bit, Alex and Kathleen really did suit the trolls they choose.

And why the hell did the poisoned rodents have to be airdropped in?

Kathleen... you just win all of this episode.

The stars twinkle over the freshly christened EXILE TOWN. It is a beautiful evening and the future is so full of promise you can't imagine what could possibly oh my god a huge eggy looking thing just appeared in the sky.

Is Graham advocating touching bitches with your penis?

Evil Smurf:

kailus13:
I wonder what giant goldfish taste like.

I'm fairly certain that Powerade drag queen racing would be quite popular.

It sounds like a reality show.

"And now a Powerade Drag Queen Racing special with the cast of Jersey Shore!" Best or worst reality show ever?

kailus13:

Evil Smurf:

kailus13:
I wonder what giant goldfish taste like.

I'm fairly certain that Powerade drag queen racing would be quite popular.

"And now a Powerade Drag Queen Racing special with the cast of Jersey Shore!" Best or worst reality show ever?

BEST REALITY SHOW EVER!

Evil Smurf:

kailus13:

Evil Smurf:

BEST REALITY SHOW EVER!

The more I think about it the more I think it'd be very popular.

The categories to win in would be: speed, best dress, best makeup and most entertaning obstruction of opponent.

kailus13:

Evil Smurf:

kailus13:

BEST REALITY SHOW EVER!

The more I think about it the more I think it'd be very popular.

The categories to win in would be: speed, best dress, best makeup and most entertaning obstruction of opponent.

Like a fabulous version of the "Amazing Race" cross "Big Brother"

Lilani:

uchytjes:
I've heard of that snake-poison-rodent story from somewhere. Cracked? Or was it on Feed dump on another occasion...

There is a similar story regarding cats. I don't remember where, but there was a rodent infestation in some remote place and so cats were air-dropped in little boxes with parachutes attached to them. The boxes were made to spring open when they hit the ground and release the (moderately to severely) traumatized cats. I don't know if it worked, but they did that. And I'm sure Cathleen would be tickled by the idea of a cat parachuting squad.

It was a country in asia where the USA or the UN(don't remember exactly) had dropped a very foul poison that killed a lot of cockroaches which got eaten by rats and mice, but it didn't kill the rodents. When the cats ate the rodents it did kill the cats, so to solve that problem they parachuted cats into the forests.
I believe this was on QI.

Latinidiot:

Lilani:

uchytjes:
I've heard of that snake-poison-rodent story from somewhere. Cracked? Or was it on Feed dump on another occasion...

There is a similar story regarding cats. I don't remember where, but there was a rodent infestation in some remote place and so cats were air-dropped in little boxes with parachutes attached to them. The boxes were made to spring open when they hit the ground and release the (moderately to severely) traumatized cats. I don't know if it worked, but they did that. And I'm sure Cathleen would be tickled by the idea of a cat parachuting squad.

It was a country in asia where the USA or the UN(don't remember exactly) had dropped a very foul poison that killed a lot of cockroaches which got eaten by rats and mice, but it didn't kill the rodents. When the cats ate the rodents it did kill the cats, so to solve that problem they parachuted cats into the forests.
I believe this was on QI.

Yup it was on QI, lol. Love that show :D

GrimTuesday:
That Goldfish thing is terrifying. I've got to say though, that is a horrible way to get rid of an invasive species. The wires endanger all lake dwellers,not just these interloper goldfish.

They didn't touch on it in the video, but electro-fishing doesn't kill fish; it just temporarily stuns them.
All the fish float to the surface, workers sort them, and toss back any non-invasive species.

It's actually how a lot of wildlife management agencies conduct population counts in lakes and rivers.

homestuck opening \(OwO)/
*is shot by a sniper*

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook