Arma III Preview: A Taste of Brilliance

Pages PREV 1 2

Times like these I wish my laptop was better or I had a decent computer in general

Have they fixed the ballistics at all so they're more realistic?

Baneat:

we did some calcs on the speed vs. bullet drop and they apear to be (within reason without doing cross section analusis).

for example if a bullet does ~300 m/s it drops ~0.6m (60cm) which is roughly what you would expect

the problem is that there is no metric height texture yet to measure off (like a target with 0.1m intervals on it

also wind isn't taken into account yet, but ACE normally does that

also its surprising how wow a 0.5 version runs, its very smooth for a alpha, and its playable (almost unheard of for alpha!)

the BIS forums have lots of people bitching about how its not as good as BF3 after a year of post release support though *FACEDESK*

oliver.begg:

Baneat:

we did some calcs on the speed vs. bullet drop and they apear to be (within reason without doing cross section analusis).

for example if a bullet does ~300 m/s it drops ~0.6m (60cm) which is roughly what you would expect

the problem is that there is no metric height texture yet to measure off (like a target with 0.1m intervals on it

also its surprising how wow a 0.5 version runs, its very smooth for a alpha, and its playable (almost unheard of for alpha!)

the BIS forums have lots of people bitching about how its not as good as BF3 after a year of post release support though *FACEDESK*

Just bought it there, it looks great. Problem is that all my NPC models ingame are getting giant white spiky stuff that makes it impossible to aim. Performance aint too bad, but I have a good CPU and a meh GPU so that's to be expected from such a CPU-heavy series.

The problem with ARMA2's physics was that it was very basic newtonian stuff that simplified everything. Sniping on ACE was impossible at 1km compared to A2's

Baneat:

oliver.begg:

Baneat:

Just bought it there, it looks great. Problem is that all my NPC models ingame are getting giant white spiky stuff that makes it impossible to aim. Performance aint too bad, but I have a good CPU and a meh GPU so that's to be expected from such a CPU-heavy series.

The problem with ARMA2's physics was that it was very basic newtonian stuff that simplified everything. Sniping on ACE was impossible at 1km compared to A2's

try turning HDR and AA off, as well as vsync, their are some bug reports on AA causing massive white flair ups

and i coukd reliable snipe in ACE, you just needed the kestral and the knowledge of the distance and windage settings (and charts :D)

oliver.begg:

try turning HDR and AA off, as well as vsync, their are some bug reports on AA causing massive white flair ups

and i coukd reliable snipe in ACE, you just needed the kestral and the knowledge of the distance and windage settings (and charts :D)

Tried lots of stuff, even multiple sets of drivers. Nothing works. oh well. Can't actually play like this unfortunately because the spikes are usually in front of my reflex sight making it impossible

Baneat:

oliver.begg:

Tried lots of stuff, even multiple sets of drivers. Nothing works. oh well. Can't actually play like this unfortunately because the spikes are usually in front of my reflex sight making it impossible

Oh wow. I've seen a lot of weird graphical artifacts in Arma games, but that right there is a first. Did you accidentally download the Porcupine DLC? :D

MikeWehner:

Baneat:

oliver.begg:

Oh wow. I've seen a lot of weird graphical artifacts in Arma games, but that right there is a first. Did you accidentally download the Porcupine DLC? :D

There's no chance I was gonna shell out for the supporter edition, 65 quid for proper spikes seemed a bit steep

Baneat:
SNIP

It is Alpha so perfect textures are absolutely not assured

post that on the feedback tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php with the JPG and a dxdiag

if your the only one getting that it won't be fixed unless you report it

also please don't do what 90% of the community is doing with titles and descriptions that are useless as hell

that there should be called some thing like "models displaying significant graphical glitches, including exaggerated tearing"

the description should point out the fact that it seems to be the actually model, as it affecting the shadows the model is casting

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here