The Wishlist: Logitech G930

Pages PREV 1 2

Surround sound on a headset is just unbelievably stupid.

While I am not in any position to be lecturing other people on what to do on their shows...please, have an opinion! Do a review! This is an advertisement. The presentation's a bit wooden but I can deal with that, it'll come with time. What I can't deal with is praise tempered with nothing, for two minutes. I thought you were trying to present a product honestly, not sell it to us. There are relevant complaints in this very thread, on the first page, that could have been brought up, and some comments that would take longer than the video runs to read aloud.

Aaron Sylvester:
As usual I will say that those seeking truly decent sound quality (and not wishy-washy "gaming" quality) should go for a set of stereo headphones manufactured by a renowned headphone company, e.g. Audio Tecnica AD700's or Sennheiser HD558's (there are others as well) and use an independent microphone like Zalman ZM-Mic1 or Logitech USB Desktop Mic

Don't get me wrong, the G930 is a proven contender. But it can't even come close to the audio quality of the above headphones.

Hey, I'm sitting here with the HD 598s and a dedicated headphone amp and DAC. "Gaming" headseats can't even come close.

I've had a G35, which broke after a few months, and a G930. The wireless signal on the G930 kept cutting out, it would drop out for 5-10 seconds, it would beep, and reconnect. This really frustrated me, since it was happening so often and after about six months of trying to preposition my room to reduce interference, and lots of frustration updating drivers and things, Logitech agreed to refund me the headset.

Instead I purchased an Astro A50, and I really love it. Sound quality is great, wireless is working brilliantly, and it hasn't broken after having it for several months, which for me is a great thing.

The A50 does cost more then the G930, but the fact my sound doesn't drop out every five minutes means I can finally listen to stuff.

MeChaNiZ3D:
While I am not in any position to be lecturing other people on what to do on their shows...please, have an opinion! Do a review! This is an advertisement. The presentation's a bit wooden but I can deal with that, it'll come with time. What I can't deal with is praise tempered with nothing, for two minutes. I thought you were trying to present a product honestly, not sell it to us. There are relevant complaints in this very thread, on the first page, that could have been brought up, and some comments that would take longer than the video runs to read aloud.

Since we shoot episodes a few weeks in advance, all I can say is we're working on this, along with some other suggestions (I did add music to the show to help the pacing, and the episode I shot this week mentions who the specific product ISN'T for).

Comparisons are HARD for this particular show, because I produce, write, edit, and shoot the entire show in my house, every week. Chasing down PR reps is much harder than it probably seems from the outside; in fact, I can genuinely say that the first... 4 products on The Wishlist were purchased by me (with the exception of the Sifteo Cubes, which belong to Susan). I bought the G930s well over a year ago.

I will admit, I couldn't help but laugh at the guy who said I sounded like a stock ticker, because that story actually happened after a very long bout of powerleveling when WotLK came out.

TLDR: I'm giving it all I got, captain! Give us time to make adjustments and listen to you!

Ashley Esqueda:

TLDR: I'm giving it all I got, captain! Give us time to make adjustments and listen to you!

Good to hear. I was being a bit demanding considering the time delay. ^^ Good luck.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here