A Storytelling Crysis

Pages PREV 1 2

Darth_Payn:

kenu12345:

Darth_Payn:
It's funny how a game series that uses an engine like the Cry engine is still resorting to "steal ideas from Valve." Have they learned nothing from Insomniac games!

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't understand that last statement. Are you talking about what Yahtzee said in his Resistance 3 review because that was a joke. Sorry but that just stood out to me

And I'm building on the joke by accusing Crytek of the same thing, because more than once Yahtzee pointed out how innovation nowadays equals "do what Valve did years ago."

Damn I can be clueless when I'm sleepy

This had to be the most dispassionate EP article yet. I bet Yahtzee could put out articles of this caliber nonstop and not have to think much at all.

Whilst I agree with pretty much all Yahtzee says in this EP, part of his central agruement is completely flawed...

Crysis 2 was released in March 2011!!!!

Crysis 3 was released in Feb 2013!!!!

This is not a year, it's almost exactly 2 years... agreed that's a lot less than say HL1 -> HL2 but still, it's not an unreasonable amount of time for a sequeal.

Just a warning Ben, once you get past 30 it's worth checking your facts when it comes to remembering how long ago something happened... degenerating neurons and desparate denial of our age tends to make it seem that less time has passed than it actually has...

One or two landmarks for you, Yahtzee:

"Creep" by Radiohead was released 21 years ago!
So was "Killing in the Name of"!
The first Matrix movie is now almost 15 YEARS OLD!
And Saving Private Ryan IS 15 years old!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here