Trailers: Star Wars The Old Republic - Making of the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Trailer

Star Wars The Old Republic - Making of the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Trailer

A new look for the Old Republic in their first digital expansion.

Watch Video

Not a fan of EA, and Bioware's not been doing too well, and not many of their good developers are still there. Yet I still play this... mostly because my friends still do, my main reason to pay any MMO. I'm cautiously optimistic about this expansion, but I need to see more. EA's on a BAD track record right now, and TOR's F2P model is actually working for it... but throwing out a terrible expansion could kill the game permanently.

TOR's the only game of EA's I'm still playing since SSX. Hate to see them go down, because EA's probably taking the gaming market with them if they disappear. Hope they're smart enough to make this work.

The Star Wars universe has become so strange. Now there's lovecraft, Warhammer and all kinds of different stuff in there, while all I remember was Luke SkyWalker fighting the empire. What happened in between this divergence? Can someone explain?

GameChanger:
The Star Wars universe has become so strange. Now there's lovecraft, Warhammer and all kinds of different stuff in there, while all I remember was Luke SkyWalker fighting the empire. What happened in between this divergence? Can someone explain?

Mostly the Expanded Universe happened, which is pretty much everything other than the time period that Lucas and now Disney have creative control of. Other authors threw in their ideas for the universe with varying degrees of success.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here