Miracle of Sound: Hell In The Headspace (Dead Space 3)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

You're way better than The Cure, Gavin

Way better than doing laundry!

Oh good... no goats.

Best first 10 seconds of a song I've ever heard! Love the crunchy intro!

Awesome.

When I saw the subject was Dead Space I was actually hoping for something a little more sombre and melancholy... then I remembered that it's a pretty ridiculous series of games anyway and that the song really does fit quite well.

Either way, what an awesome piece of music!

*my thoughts when listening*
1st Thought: This is awesome! It sounds very Event Horizon-y
2nd Thought: ... Yeah, that makes sense come to think of it.

Seriously Gavin, great work. I'm really looking forward to your musical take on the new Tomb Raider.

Great song. Nice main course after our Necromorph soup. Perhaps you'll do a dessert song someday? XD

I agree with btenkink about the beginning. At first I thought it was going to be another electronic song (though a bit more straight faced than Necromorph soup), but then you whipped out the rockier intro. I approve... not that you were waiting with baited breath for my approval XD

How easy or difficult was this one to make?

DVS BSTrD:
You're way better than The Cure, Gavin

Haha, that was good :D

T0ad 0f Truth:
Nice main course after our Necromorph soup.

...as was that

T0ad 0f Truth:

How easy or difficult was this one to make?

Extremely problematic. Went through 3 entirely different songs. This was the best of them, the other 2 were... well... shite. Lol

TheFrost:
Oh good... no goats.

Waaa, I mean... baaaa.

MiracleOfSound:

TheFrost:
Oh good... no goats.

Waaa, I mean... baaaa.

Give me fifteen minutes, I'll find a way to change that :P

Despite that I really didn't like Dead Space 3, this song actually made me smile quite a lot.

Suits the series in my opinion- because it's rock with a chilling beat to it, yet gets you pumped rather then frightened. You seem to know exactly how to produce music for the right games and that's impressive since you're still going and making these. Well done indeed.

Also the 'flashback' moments were great altogether with the song too.

Sounds awesome, almost makes me regret choosing not to buy the game due to the micotransactions... almost. As awesome an IP as it is (and this looks like a very awesome game) there are some things I just won't tolerate.

Great work like usual, and for the record I also loved the music Miracle Of Sound did for a number of games I didn't care for or didn't play for a number of reasons. Dragon Age 2 (Age of the Dragon), Mass Effect 3 (take it back), and The Grind (Gears Of War 3) all come to mind.

Not my favorite of your song but not bad.
The quality has never been bad from you but of course it's personal what I think of the song :P
Maybr it's that I never played the series that it didn't feel as good as some of the others?!!

Good to see you back in action. Nicely done, as always.

Haven't played Dead Space 3 yet, so had it running without looking at the video, I like it. I was expecting something similar to necromorph soup, which I like, but this was great in a different way.

Did this song flow and felt easier or more natural then other songs? I have this impression it may have been, despite your current condition.

Not bad. Unfortunately, this kind of rock isn't the sort of thing I go for. (If you're expecting a reason why, I'm sorry to disappoint; I just listen to music. I don't really know much about it.) All I can tell is that it's well-made for what it is.

I was hoping you'd put up City of Night; it's currently standing as my most-listened to song this month. Well... a tie between it and Puscifer's Humbling River.

I agree with the first couple of people and say the beginning was awesome.

To loosely quote a terrible Metallica song (because it thrusted itself back in my mind), you really got to bet on the cure because everyone's got the sickness. I really like this and it looks like all that hard works paid off for you Gav! :D

Apologies for bringing that song up, it's so bad. :(

Nice song, Gavin. I thought it had a very Nine Inch nails feel to it, and I liked it! The only nitpick I could find with the video was a lot of the imagery jumped around a lot and it was unfocused at some parts. Was that on purpose, or are the games just like that all the time?

First time I have actually listened to a MoS sound. And got to say I'm going to look into more of them because this song was pretty damn good, really gave me a Nine Inch Nails vibe!

Channeling early Nine Inch Nails on this one, eh Gav? The layering in this track was lovely, so busy but subtle at the same time. This is probably the best one you have written in a while IMO, keep up the good work!

I feel like there was some early 90's electronica vibes thrown in there as well.

I was wondering when we'd get a DS3 song!
For some reason though, I've got the urge to play... Quake 2...
*cough*NIN*cough*
*cough*Sonic Mayhem*cough*

:-D

How in hell can you make a song so awesome about such bland game what kind of wizard are you Gav? It must be the legendary goat wizard.

Damnit Gav, I always love it when you're channelling NIN. :D

Fantastic, love the song already.

Damn... Now I have yet another song that I can't play any Dead Space game without having constantly stuck in my head.

Hey Gav,

I heard a Rob Zombie sound in that intro. I agree with the 90s electronics sound as well.

Nicely done.

Wow, I was thinking NIN too. I came here to say that, but a ton of people beat me to it. I love early NIN, so I loved this song. It is definitely one of your best.
Great job!!

xplosive59:
Channeling early Nine Inch Nails on this one, eh Gav? The layering in this track was lovely, so busy but subtle at the same time.

Nice that you noticed, that riff actually has like, 9 layers of synth & guitar in it, all built up together to one big fuzzy ass mess of distortion and noise :D

colostomizer:
I was wondering when we'd get a DS3 song!
For some reason though, I've got the urge to play... Quake 2...
*cough*NIN*cough*
*cough*Sonic Mayhem*cough*

:-D

NIN, yeah defo, big time. Dunno who Sonic Mayhem are though :D

chozo_hybrid:

Did this song flow and felt easier or more natural then other songs? I have this impression it may have been, despite your current condition.

Quite the opposite actually, this one was very problematic and I had to scrap two complete songs and start over due to them being not up to scratch.

MiracleOfSound:

chozo_hybrid:

Quite the opposite actually, this one was very problematic and I had to scrap two complete songs and start over due to them being not up to scratch.

Oh wow, that's surprising. I really liked this one though, so I hope it feels it was worth it :D

So as usual, I open the video in a new tab while I wait for the ad to be done. Then at about the 5 second mark, the song really kicks in, catching me completely off guard as I shout "Jesus ****ing Christ what is this?!" in confusion.

And then I began snapping my fingers, loving the song the whole way through. Feels so different compared to the songs I've heard. Good job Gav!

Love your slightly more metallic stuff. This one sounds like an apocalyptic rave.

It's like KMFDM meets Quake-era Sonic Mayhem.
And it's good !

Holy balls that was great. It reminded me alot of an NIN or Rob Zombie song. Great work Gav.

The chorus to this song gave me legit chills

I really, really like this song. I love how it sounds and I love how different it sounds from Gavin's previous work (the stuff I've taken time to give a good listening to, anyway).

The lyrics give me such a case of chills it's almost harrowing. I think they may even capture the Lovecraftian inspiration of the game better than the actual game does. Love it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here