Unskippable: Halo 4

Halo 4

Before you ask, no, we still don't get to see what Master Chief looks like under the helmet.

Watch Video

Would be rather difficult to shower with the helmet on.

I like how she never really denies the extremely troubling negative side-effects of the procedures and conditioning...

Because the war went SOOOOOO well with the Spartans.
And what future? Looks like more of the same to me :P

canadamus_prime:

Showering? Pah! The next step in human evolution balks at your puny ablutions!

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

My puny what? What are "ablutions?"

canadamus_prime:

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

Definition of ABLUTION
1 :
a : the washing of one's body or part of it (as in a religious rite)
b : plural : the act or action of bathing
2 :
plural British : a building housing bathing and toilet facilities on a military base
- abĚluĚtionĚary adjective

varmintx:

canadamus_prime:

Zachary Amaranth:

Definition of ABLUTION
1 :
a : the washing of one's body or part of it (as in a religious rite)
b : plural : the act or action of bathing
2 :
plural British : a building housing bathing and toilet facilities on a military base
- abĚluĚtionĚary adjective

Thanks, that clears things up.
Well I wouldn't want to stand down wind of a spartan, the BO would be terrible.

Watch as the scientist responsible for the Spartans is interrogated by Kyle XY's dad.

We didn't really need any additional evidence of the contempt shown to our spartan saviors. Dude saves the world THREE TIMES and is never given so much as a military commission. He's never a colonel or a major or even a second lieutenant, just wandering the earth as a master chief petty officer, saving humanity, A-GAIN.

WOW THE GRAPHICS ARE REALISTIC.

Also, I feel like the best Unskippable episodes are the ones where the cutscene is mostly silent or white noise, so we can hear the most of Graham and Paul.

I don't know what tang is. I'm guessing some kind of orange sweet?

Holographic AI's, for when you can't be bothered to do it yourself.

kailus13:
I don't know what tang is. I'm guessing some kind of orange sweet?

Tang is a powdered beverage, famously used on early space flights. You can possibly buy some at the grocery store, depending on where you live, but I recommend against it: it's just terrible.

OT: You think the sniper rifle stapler is bad? Just wait until they realise they can rocket-jump with the holepunch.

Spartans never die they just go missing in action.

A spartan basketball team would be cool to see

Wait, wait, wait. Slow down! There is a Halo FOUR now? Since when?

That line about Spartans possibly being sociopaths would have set up a brilliant dig on XBOX Live Players.

From Wikipedia: "During a briefing scene in Halo: The Flood, the Chief is described as tall with short hair, serious eyes, and strong features. His skin is "too white", a consequence of spending most of his time in his armor"

And now you know.

Don Reba:
Wait, wait, wait. Slow down! There is a Halo FOUR now? Since when?

Since November 6th, 2012.

Did the first half of this remind anyone else of MovieBob's first Big Picture about how Halo made the Spartans in Halo kind of seem a lot like if someone tried to do the Spartan's(the real spartans)/Nazi's "Make your own Master Race" project, and Succeeded?

That whole thing was kind of creepy, but I wasn't sure Bob was 100% right about it. Now I think he was definitely on to something.

I mean hell, "You can tell the spartan transformation worked because their eyes turned blue"!
xD HA! That is just too wrong to be just a coincidence.

(Disclaimer: No, I don't think Halo is pro nazi. I doubt that was the reason for it to be made like that.)

Imp Emissary:
Did the first half of this remind anyone else of MovieBob's first Big Picture about how Halo made the Spartans in Halo kind of seem a lot like if someone tried to do the Spartan's(the real spartans)/Nazi's "Make your own Master Race" project, and Succeeded?

That whole thing was kind of creepy, but I wasn't sure Bob was 100% right about it. Now I think he was definitely on to something.

I mean hell, "You can tell the spartan transformation worked because their eyes turned blue"!
xD HA! That is just too wrong to be just a coincidence.

(Disclaimer: No, I don't think Halo is pro nazi. I doubt that was the reason for it to be made like that.)

No. It's not. Halsey may believe it as such, but not anyone else. In the universe, ONI and such look at Spartans as tools, UNSC look at them as soldiers, the average person (during the human-covie war) looked at Spartans with a sense of admiration but also a sense of fear and most believed them to be freaks.

No one really believes them to be the next step outside herself.

Also the blue eye thing... Isn't true for all Spartans.

And for other examples: Linda has green eyes. Not to say all don't. John, Fred, and Kelly all have blue eyes (although Fred's is Blue-green.)

Edit: The whole blue eye thing is a reaction that doesn't always happen. Some Spartans it makes their eyes blue, or just bluer if they were already blue or it has no effect. Jorge-052 in Halo Reach had brown eyes. Kurt has hazel.

Graham_LRR:
Halo 4

Before you ask, no, we still don't get to see what Master Chief looks like under the helmet.

Watch Video

No, perhaps not, but you do get to see his eyes briefly if you play right to the end.

Korten12:

Imp Emissary:

No. It's not.
Halsey may believe it as such, but not anyone else. In the universe, ONI and such look at Spartans as tools, UNSC look at them as soldiers, the average person (during the human-covie war) looked at Spartans with a sense of admiration but also a sense of fear and most believed them to be freaks.

No one really believes them to be the next step outside herself.

I think you misread what I said.
I didn't say that the people in Halo think the spartans are master race project results. I said that the spartan project was made (by the people who made Halo) to look like a successful master race project. As Halsey said, it was successful, and as you said she (who I assume was the person in charge of the project) saw it as a master race project.

In short, yes, it is a master race project.
That said, while they did make good soldiers, it doesn't sound like they are going to go on and become the future of humanity like the doc wishes. In that way, it is a failled master race project.

I always hate how they never show him without a helmet on I mean come on! The books said what he looks like so why dont you just get it over with already
It is just like Mass effect with Tali

God, I hated how wimpy and pathetic Cortana became in Halo 4. She was far more competent and likeable in the first 3 games.

Imp Emissary:

I like to think 343 saw Bob's video and made it a master race project just to spite him.

OT: Was there a lot of dead air in this one or is it just me?

Why does the AI need sideboob? Oh, I know... it's for the male Spartans. "Yeah, you'll have to take orders from an AI chick, but we'll totally give her sideboob you can ogle." I wonder if the female Spartans got a buff male AI in a Speedo or something.

springheeljack:
I always hate how they never show him without a helmet on I mean come on! The books said what he looks like so why dont you just get it over with already
It is just like Mass effect with Tali

Here he is.

But in all seriousness do you really want that? At this point I feel like his hidden face is kinda a running gag and showing what he looks like would sorta ruin it. I mean it's not like his face is going to be anything special, I'd rather just keep it hidden for fun.

So is the game trying to justify the creation of the Spartans, the means by which they were created and their original purpose to us out here in reality? Cuz that has some uncomfortable connotations...

LadyRhian:
Why does the AI need sideboob?

Why not? It's not like she needs to dress for warmth.

Don Reba:

LadyRhian:
Why does the AI need sideboob?

Why not? It's not like she needs to dress for warmth.

Cortana has always been naked in all the Halo games.

While other lesser AIs like Roland from Spartan Ops looks like a WW2 pilot who runs the UNSC Infinity's

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here